MY WISH

My Wish

My name is Hyomin. I'm a student...a typical student in Woolim High. I have a bestfriend named Jaemin. We both believe in magic especially about wishes.

 

One night, as I was looking at the sky to witness the beautiful scene of stars, a comet passed by and suddenly I closed my eyes and put my arms in my heart and wished something, something I wanted to have being a teenager.....to have a boyfriend. I just wished it because my bestfriend already had her boyfriend and everytime we'll be having our lunch, they will always have those lovey-dovey moments and I feel out-of-place. I know it's not a good decision to wish that but I just wanted to try. If it works then OK. If not, maybe it's not my time.

 

This morning, I suddenly felt the urge to wake up and prepare so early so that I can go to school.

*ring*

J: Goodmorning! I'm sure you're still sleeping. hahahaha!!

H: No! In fact, I'm on my way to school right now but I think it's still early. Do you want to go with me? I can wait for you?

J: Yah!! What's wrong with you? Are you sick? You sounded like you're not Hyomin.

H: Yah!!! What's with that? Of course I'm fine. Today seems like an urge for me to go to school early. So, want to go with me or not?

J: Dae...dae...dae... Just wait for me at the gate. Arasso?

H: Hmmm..

Then she hung up..

 

We go to school together.

 

As we arrived, everyone was gathering in the front gate. Since it makes us curious, we decided to look in. As I tried to get closer, I suddenly fell on the floor, to be exact... in front of a person. I saw a hand approaching me, so I held onto it and stand again in my flats.

 

As I looked, a charming guy was in front of me. He's so white, so tall and just ssssssssoooooooo PERFECT!!

"Excuse me", *silence*

 

"Ahmm... excuse me,do you know Miss Hyomin?", as I heard my name I started to gain back my senses.

 

"AHHHH!! 대!! 조는 효민 임니다." I answered raising my hand like a child.

 

"Ahhh.. So you're my girlfriend?! Lucky to see you!!", he said happily hugging and swaying me.

 

Everyone's in their shock faces as they heard it. Everyone's whispering like "How come she had a boyfriend like that?", "Of all the girls, why her?", "She's not pretty.", "Wow!! She's so lucky!", "I wish them luck!" and many more.

 

"Wait!", I said freeing myself from his hug.

 

"M...m...maybe, it's another Hyomin. I'm not suitable for you. Besides, stop playing jokes, I have classes to attend to.", I continued and leave.

 

But he held my hand which causes me to stop, "I'm not joking. Besides,", he pulled me closer to him and whisper "it's your wish to have me right?", he said giving me shivers down my spine.

 

I was shocked by the sudden change of his attitude. A few minutes ago, he was like a kid who found a candy and now, he's so serious and scary. Then suddenly the wishy thing appeared on my mind.

 

"YAHHHH!!!", I shouted.

 

"Of all the boys in the world, why you?”, I whispered.

 

"Excuse me? What did you say?", he asked in a sweet voice.

 

"Ahmm.nothing", I answered back.

 

ring~…

 

The school bell alarmed. "I gotta go".

 

He just watched me leave and a smirk was formed in his face.

 

The day had passed by easily. I waved my hands to bid goodbyes to my classmates. I decided to go home by myself. As I walked down the road, I felt something creepy. I decided to look back and I saw someone's chest. I slowly looked up who it was and shocked of what I see - it's the guy this morning.

 

"I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sehun. Oh Sehun. And I'm your boyfriend since this morning", he said in a flat tone.

 

"You sounded like a robot. hahahahahaha!!!", I laughed loudly punching his shoulder.

 

Then he suddenly pushed me on the wall, bent his right arm on the wall which us above my head which makes him closer to my face.

 

"Don't dare to tease me, because you still don't know me but to remind you, I know all about you. I don't want to be your boyfriend, but I was sent here, so act nicely or else I'll give you a hell relationship", he said coldly staring in my eyes.

 

I can feel his breath which sends shiver to my spine. His stare makes my heart beat. As I get back to my senses, he's already walking ahead of me. I hurriedly run to him since it's already dark and forget about what he said.

 

"We're here.", he said making a way to my house.

 

I nodded and walk in front of him but he suddenly grabbed my hand making me face him. He touched my face, then kissed my forehead and said "Goodnight my Hyohun." I was so surprised that I've never said anything to him as a response. He suddenly left while I'm still in my shocking state.

 

My heart's still beating then I suddenly recalled. *Hyohun? Who's that?!.. Wait!! HYO from Hyomin and HUN from Sehun??. YAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!* I asked and squealed by myself and ran to my room. I lay in my bed blushing trying to remember the scenario.

 

I told myself, "So.. this is the feeling of being in love. I never thought that it'll be this great. I, Kim Hyomin, solemnly swear to love him as long as I can and as long as my heart beats for him and him only.", I stated and pledged in front of my mirror out of the blue. "Hyomin! Stop talking to yourself. You need to sleep. Tomorrow's another day", I again said happily to myself then went to sleep.

 

The next morning..

 

"HYOMIN!!", someone's shouting.

 

"HYOMINNIE!!!!", again..someone shouted.

 

I just ignored it since I'm still sleepy because of yesterday's "moment". I heard a loud thumping on the stairs.

 

"YAH!!! MISS KIM HYOMIN!!! WAKE UP NOW!! SOMEONE'S WAITING FOR YOU OUTSIDE!!!", my mom said while pulling me up.

 

*EEHHHH???!! 'SOMEONE?'* "He's on the living room." *HE??!!*

 

Out of curiosity, I decided to look at the staircase by crawling.

 

*W...w....WHAT??!!! WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!!* I asked myself. I hurriedly go back to my room, took a bath and go downstairs.

 

"Hi!", I greeted him happily.

 

He just stared at me, stood up and went to the door pointing at his watch. I just nodded. I know what he meant is that the time's running. We went to school together. I thought to myself *Being in love is a real heaven*.

 

We both bid our goodbyes when we reached the school gate.

 

We've been like that for the entire 3 months.. He’ll pick me up at home, accompany me to school and walked with me at home. But there's this irritating fact about him. Whenever we're with the others, it seems like he's a kid who loved me so much. But when we're alone, he always ignores me and act so cold on me. But it makes us to become closer each day.

 

At the class...

 

"Goodmorning my dear students! Today we’ll be discussing about next week's fieldtrip.", our professor said.

 

"Fieldtrip?? Fieldtrip??", everyone in the class murmured.

 

"Yes! And we'll be joining another class.", she continued.

 

We discussed the whole fieldtrip during our advisory class. Of course, me and my bestfriend share the same room.

 

The boring class had already ended.

 

I was walking down the road with the guy who I started to love. I forwarded a little, faced him then "Yah Sehun-ssi! We'll be having a fieldtrip, a 2-day fieldtrip. Wanna come?". He didn't response. "Ok.", I pouted then faced front. He still didn't answer back when we reached my house. I guess he doesn't want to join and then he left. But of course, with the always goodnight kiss in the forehead.

 

The day of the fieldtrip..

 

I was in a bad mood since Sehun didn't accompany me this morning to go to school and bid his goodbye to me. I guess he will not miss me at all.

 

Me and my bestfriend went to our designated bus.

"Ohhhhh... so Sehun will not join you??", Jaemin asked and I just nodded.

"Ahhh.. Lucky me!! Luhan accompanied me!!", she happily teased me entangling her arms to Luhan's then headed at the back of my seat.

 

"Is there someone seating here?", a boy asked. As I looked who it was, it's my classmate - Steven. I shook my head as an answer to his question. He seated beside me the whole road drive then we also had a funny and comfy conversation.

 

As we reached our destination, "Hyomin-ssi., thank you for having a good talk with me. I hope that'll not be the last." he said leaving me behind to be with his friends. I nodded and left as well to look for my room.

 

*Ahhhh...it's here!* I said to myself. *But why am I alone? I thought I'm with Jaemin* I asked myself then pouted.

*RING* I jumped out of shock. I looked for my cellphone at my back pack. It's a text from Jaemin. "Hyomin, I'm really sorry. I left you alone. I'm with Luhan and I miss him so much. I wanted to be together with him the entire fireldtrip. I hope you understand."

 

"Yup, I understand. I hope you will have fun with him. Fighting!", I texted back.

 

I'm sad that I am really alone and at the same time I'm happy because I have a big room for myself only. It's weird right? But I know you know that feeling. heheheh!!

 

As I unpacked my things, I heard large drops on the roof. I looked out at the window, and the lights went off and *THUG! THUG!* there were thunderstorms!! I hate thunderstorms! As soon as I heard that, I went to a corner, closed my ears and my eyes and shouted 'help!'. Then someone came in to my room.

 

"Are you ok?", he asked.

 

I embraced him even though I didn't know who he was. I was trembling and crying that time. I don't care who it was but as long as I'm with someone, I feel at ease. We've been in that state for 5 minutes, then the lights suddenly came back. *sigh*

 

"Th...tha...thank you for coming here and I'm sorry for being a crybaby." I said to him touching his back still hugging him.

 

I decided to slowly free from the hug and as I looked in who it was, I was shocked. Wonder who it is?? It was Steven. He comforted me the whole black-out time. I thought it was Sehun. I thought he came to save me. But it was all I thought.

 

He suddenly explained, "I was walking in the hallway, then I heard someone scream at the same time with the thunderstorm so I decided to look who it was. Then I saw you in a corner really scared. I have no choice but to comfort you."

 

 "It's ok. Thank you!", I said while being shy.

 

We became closer and I feel at ease when I'm with him.

 

"You can now go to sleep. Rain has gone", he said to me calmly making me relax. I just nodded. He left my room as I fell asleep.

 

The next day, I was walking down the stairs heading to the kitchen. All my classmates were already there.

 

"Goodmorning! How's your sleep?", Steven asked.

 

"It's ok. Thank you!", I smiled and eat my food.

After we had eaten and took a bath, we gathered at the entrance.

 

"Ok. I think we're here already. Today, we will be visiting an orphanage. And I hope...you will all enjoy it.", our professor cheerfully told us. I'm so happy since I really love children.

 

As we reached the orphanage, the children had made a presentation to welcome us then we started to play and have fun with the kids. The day was full of joy.

 

Today's the last day of the fieldtrip. Luckily I have someone who'll accompany me. But I already miss him. He's not calling me or sending me any message that he also missed me. I'm happy at the same time sad. I know it's weird.

 

We all reached our home that night and still didn't receive any call or text from him. I decided to sleep since I'm so tired.

 

The next day....

 

I came to school early because of a sudden duty. I roam around the school to found out something that makes my blood boil and makes me sick. As I was heading to the assigned room for my duty, I saw someone I didn't expect to see - Sehun - in my school since he's not studying nor working here. But what makes the sudden meeting unfavorable? I saw him with a girl. They're kissing and she's sitting on his lap!! My temperature goes up!! I am like a bull getting ready to attack. Then I realize maybe she's the reason why he never called and texted me. I know he saw me, but the only thing he did is to smirk. My mind became lost. I forgot I have a duty. I need to go home. No, I need to go to the hospital. My heart is going to break any minute now. Everything went blank.

 

I opened my eyes. I saw this familiar ceiling and this familiar bed. Why am I here? I have a duty to do. I tried to get up but my head really hurts.

 

"You still have to rest a little.", the nurse ordered me and gave me the medicine I needed.

 

As I drink the water in the glass, I suddenly remembered the scene which causes me to be here.

 

"I'm ok now. I have something to do. Thank you for taking care of me." I said to her, bowed and then leave.

 

The only thing I need to do now is to talk to him. I heard whispers and mumbling all over the hallway. "She's his girlfriend right? Then who's the other girl?", "She must be lucky to have her boyfriend near her since he's already a professor here", "Did they broke up officially?", "I pity her" and many more. I try to recall the sentences I've heard. Wait.. a professor? How come? Why didn't I I know about that? I tried to look for him.

 

Then, there he is at the canteen, luckily eating alone. I walked like a big man to him then thump my two hands in the table causing an attention.

"Yah! Didn't you know anything about manners? Leave now or regret it later.", he said seriously.

 

I just stayed at a position like that.

 

"What's your problem student? Can we talk about it later? I'm having my lunch.", he said sounding like irritated.

 

"YAHHH!!!", I shouted.

 

Everyone were surprised. Tears started to flow on my cheeks.

 

"Why? Am I not deserving? Have I done something wrong? Does it going to end like this? Why?", I asked him crying while my head was down.

 

Tears started to drop on the table.

 

"Hmmpp!! Now, you're asking me. Why not ask yourself first hmm?", he said without feeling guilty.

 

"Is it because of my teasing to you that you give me this hell relationship?", I said lowly.

 

"Remember, I know all about you. But you didn't know anything about me. So stop jumping into conclusions.", he said seriously still no definite response from my previous questions.

 

"YAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! WILL YOU PLEASE STOP USING THAT STATEMENT OF YOURS?? YOU'RE WRONG!!! ALL YOU KNOW ABOUT ME ARE MY PHYSICAL TRAITS NOT MY EMOTIONAL ONES!!! STOP ACTING COOL!!! TELL ME, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME??? YOU'RE NOT THE ONE I WISHED FOR!! WHAT I WISHED FOR IS A BOYFRIEND NOT A RANDOM GUY WHO'LL MAKE ME FALL IN LOVE THEN LEAVE ME HANGING IN THE MIDDLE!! OF ALL THE GUYS IN THE WORLD, WHY YOU???!!!! I THOUGHT THAT YOU'RE THE ONE FITTED TO ME AND YET, NOT AT ALL! YOU DESTROYED MY BELIEF ABOUT WISHES BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID RELATIONSHIP! I HATE YOU!!!", I said not caring about other people's thoughts or anything.

 

My legs became weak that’s why I suddenly knelt down, clenched my hands, sobbing from all the one-day pain and suddenly.

 

"Stop crying.", he said softly.

 

But I didn't hear it, so I still continue to sob.

 

"STOP CRYING!", he shouted making me stop because of the shock.

 

"Stand up.", he said again softly. I'm so weak at that time but still I tried to stand up but then I failed.

 

"I SAID STAND UP!", he shouted again.

 

I stood up so fast then I realized I'm not a dog that he can give commands all the time. As I realized it, I decided to just leave and never looked back. I know it's a random thing to do but I can't face him anymore.

 

"Stop.", I heard him say. But I still continue to walked far from him and pretended I didn't heard it.

 

"I SAID STOP RIGHT THERE!", he shouted. But this time it's really scary. I stopped at the place where I'm standing, still not looking at him.

 

"LOOK AT ME!", he shouted. I get irritated, so I walked to him and faced him already.

 

"TELL ME, HAVE YOU EVER ASKED ANYTHING ABOUT ME? ABOUT MY FEELINGS? NO!! YOU'RE ALWAYS JUST TEASING ME LIKE I'M A WISH SENT FROM HEAVEN FOR YOU TO TEASE! HAVE YOU EVER THINK ABOUT ME DURING YOUR FIELDTRIP DAYS OR YOU HAD ALREADY FORGOTTEN ABOUT ME BECAUSE YOU'RE HAVING FUN WITH THAT STEVEN? SURPRISED?!! I KNOW IT RIGHT?? WHY?? I WAS THERE!! VISIBLE ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SEE BUT YOU'RE PREOCCUPIED BY THAT GUY MAKING ME OUT OF YOUR SIGHT, YOUR MIND AND YOUR HEART!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS?? I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU BUT YOU MAKE ME DO IT. EVERY TIME WE'RE TOGETHER, I ALWAYS WISH THAT I DIDN'T MET YOU BY A WISH. I HOPE THAT I MET YOU NATURALLY. I HOPE THAT WE WILL BE TOGETHER. I HOPE THAT YOU WILL LOVE ME LIKE I HAVE LOVED YOU.", he said.

 

Tears were forming in the corner of his eyes. I was shocked. I never thought that he loves me that much. I'm so upset. I'm feeling guilty. An urge makes me hug him. Then his tears started to flow. It's my first time seeing a guy cry. I was so touched. I never knew he loves me that much. I decided to free from the hug and told him,

 

"I Love You and I'm sorry for being a selfish brat. But there's one thing that I wanted to correct, I never make that face lose my mind, and my heart. I Love you and I will always and forever love you from the bottom of my heart." I said smiling, wiping his tears and hugging him.

 

"I Love You too!", he said then kissed me.

 

All clapped like seeing a scene in a movie. We left embracing each other.

 

Then...

 

"Wait! So tell me, who's the girl?? And why didn't come with me at the fieldtrip?? Are you trying to spy on me?? And why did you become a professor? Since when?? How??Is this legal??", she asked me those questions which I didn't respond at all.

 

Goodbye.

 

 

Sorry for a long one shot.