Go

Frozen heart
Jangmi yawned for the nth time, she was totally regretting the fact that she slept late last night. She couldn't focus during her History class, luckily, her teacher wasn't too concerned whether her students were listening or not.
 
"Here, take this." She looked at her side and she felt her world stop at the sight in front of her. He could be a model with that face, he had this mysterious yet attracting charm. 
"Are you refusing my offer now?" He asked titling his head aside and she noticed that he was holding a cup of coffee for her. He didn't sound annoyed, but more like he used a playful tone when he asked her that.
 
She gulped after realizing that this guy was the epitome of perfection: his nose, his lips, his face, and those charming eyes where she was totally drowning into.
 
"Well, I--" He didn't let her finish and placed the cup on her hand.
 
"There. Drink it, so you'll get your senses back." He looked like an angel with that smile plastered on his face, and those dimples... her heart was exploding.
 
'Say something Jangmi, say something.' she said to herself and coughed, trying to keep cool.
 
"And you are?" she wanted to throw herself into a cliff, well done Jangmi, you just gave a bad impression. She didn't expect those words to sound so rude, add the fact that she unconsciously raised an eyebrow.
 
'I'm doomed. He'll never talk to me again. I should hide myself now--' 
 
Her thoughts were interrupted by his laugh. What was wrong with her today? Everything he did seemed angelic to her. She eventually blushed when he locked his eyes with hers.
 
"Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo." He introduced himself, "You're Shin Jangmi right?" 
She slowly nodded, "How did you know my name?"
He shrugged, "I had to know the name of my future wife." he said as if it was nothing before giving out another one of his angelic smiles.
 
---
*A month later* 
 
Jangmi looked at her phone, where in the world was he? He told her to meet him at the park and he was already 20 minutes late.
 
"Kim Myungsoo, you are so--" 
She felt a pair of hands covering her eyes, "Guess who?"
As much as she was mad at him, she couldn't help but smile. 
"Myungsoo." She said before removing his hands but he just intertwined them instead.
"And why are you late, mister?" 
 
He took a step away from her and she noticed that there was a box placed on the bench, "I had to get this, it took awhile, sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck.
 
"What's that?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Open it!" He smiled and she did as he told her.
"Myungsoo..." She was speechless, she was so busy the past few weeks that she forgot her own birthday... and to add the fact that she never told him when was her birthday. Lastly, the words on the cake...
 
'Happy birthday my beloved Shin Jangmi. Let's be strong <3 -your Myung'
 
"Did you like it?" She looked at him and hugged him instead of answering him.
"I'm taking that as a yes." He laughed before wrapping his arms around her.
"Thank you so much Myung, you're the best." She squealed and let go of the hug.
"Anything for my Jangmi." He took her hand, "Shall we go somewhere else now?"
"We shall." She smiled.
------
*A year later*
 
"Happy birthday Jangmi!" She tried her best to give them a smile while thanking them. They were celebrating her birthday but she wasn't really in the mood.
 
Myungsoo has been cold towards her the past few days, his reason? School. His parents decided to move him to another school which was quite far from hers, and they promise that they would do their best to keep in touch... but things didn't go according to their plans.
 
As each day passed, she felt different, she wasn't feeling the 'spark' anymore. Those late nights when he'd called and tell her how he missed her and to rest well, she would've been happy before.. but now, it felt like it was just a commitment. A commitment to text each other 'good morning' and such sweet stuffs. She thought about it and she came to an answer which she hated to admit, the feeling was gone.
 
Jangmi snapped out of her thoughts the moment she felt someone poking her cheek, "You okay?" 
She hesitated, but just nodded. 
"You know, you've been off these past few weeks..." Woori started off, "Did something happen between you and him?" 
 
Of course she would know. Even if she didn't tell her, she would know. She didn't know how, but she was able to read her like an open book.
 
Jangmi just lowered her head while letting out a sigh.
"I take that as a yes, then." Woori said as she held her shoulder.
"Do what your heart says."
 
Before she could utter anything, her friends came in and started dragging her back to the living room. They covered her eyes and let go at the count of 5 while shouting 'surpirse!'. Her world stopped once again, just like the first time they talked, but it wasn't exactly like the previous experience.
 
There he was, standing in front of her, holding a bouquet of her favorite white roses. Wearing a hoodie with her name written on it.
 
He approached her before smiling at her, "Happy birthday my beloved Jangmi." 
 
He gave her the flowers and hugged her tight, earning an 'aww' from her friends.
"I love you." He muttered and pecked her cheek.
"Myungsoo..." she was finally able to say something.
 
She held his hand and walked out with him towards the garden. She said nothing and sat on one of the swings. 
 
"You wanted to tell me something?" He asked as he squatted down so that he was at an eye level with her. She cupped his cheeks and pulled him into a kiss. 
 
There was something different, it wasn't like their other kisses. 
 
"Myungsoo...you know I love you right?" She started off but found it difficult to form the words.
"Of course baby, I know that." He smiled while holding her cheek, "And I love you even more--"
 
"But lately... I don't get that feeling anymore..." 
He was taken aback, he didn't expect it.
"Jangmi, you know that I'm loyal to you right? I don't look at other girls and--"
"I know." she sighed, "You're not the problem, I am." 
 
She finally gained courage and looked at him, "I love you, but it's time for us to leave each other's side." 
"But--"
"If we're meant to be, we'll be together again." She gave him a sad smile.
"Be happy, Myungsoo." She whispered while kissing his cheek for the last time.