Prologue 2

Haven

Mithra and I were sitting in my living room. Well, Mithra had his body sprawled out on the couch while I sat on the recliner, thinking. We were both thinking. Him and I were trying to think of a person we wanted to feature on our upcoming single, “It’s Cold” but no one came to mind. There wasn’t anyone we could think of that would fit the coldness of the song.

“Who could sing in ‘It’s Cold?’” I asked Mithra, who was still laying on my couch, lost in thought as he stared at the ceiling. This was a usual thing between he and I when we were working on a song together. Or anything for that matter. He always laid on the couch and I would sit on the recliner with a notepad in hand and messy words scribbled onto it. He shook head, a slight shrug in his shoulders, and I snickered.

“You’re hopeless, y’know that,” it wasn’t a question because he knew he useless wasn’t but I was already at the peak of my frustration. It’s been two weeks since we’ve been thinking of who we wanted to sing on the track. Jinsel had a soft voice but it wasn’t cold. 

Mithra patted my shoulder, kicking me out of my thoughts. “Let’s go smoke man, you need to calm down,” I nodded. He was right. I was thinking too hard, overworking myself on a little bit of sleep, I needed a break. We both walked to the balcony, lighting a cig each to ourselves. I leaned against the railing, content to myself. 

The toxic of the cigarette was smooth in my throat. It’s almost not there, the smoke, after so many years of smoking, I was use to the thick smoke. It was soothing and relaxing and I really needed it. I relied so much on smoking when I needed to clear my mind. It’s horrible, but there’s worse things in life. 

“How ‘bout Hayi?” the question was so sudden, I didn’t quite hear him.

“What?” I quickly asked, I needed to be sure, I heard him. Hayi had a voice like no one else. Her voice could be soft or high pitched but it could be strong and fierce. 

“I said, what about Hayi. I mean, her voice when she sang ‘Killing Me Softly’ was just amazing. I really think she could sing the part,” he spoke in an almost whisper but I couldn’t help but agree. She was perfect for the part. 

“Her voice is cold, but breathtaking.”

a/n: well that's tablo's pov. i hoped you liked it. thank you for reading - scarecrowscreams