Chapter 12

You Are the Apple of My Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook’s POV

I slowly opened my eyes which gave me no difference. My body was aching and stiff. I felt that someone was holding my right hand so I gave a weak squeeze.

“Ah hyung! You’re already awake.” It was Dong Hoon’s voice. My throat felt so dry. I noticed that there’s an oxygen mask around my nose and my mouth, and an IV line on my left hand. Then there were a lot of sounds that coming towards me.

“Hyung, the doctor is here. He’s going to check on you. I’ll wait outside.”

“Kim Jong Kook –ssi. My name is Doctor Choi Jin Hyuk. I’m going to check your condition. Please tell me if you feel any discomfort or pain during the examination.” I nodded slightly.

The doctor did the examination on me. He checked my consciousness and the vital signs.

“Everything is within normal limits so you’re going to be fine soon. You got some bruises and there’s no internal injury. Just take a lot of rest and drink your medication on time regularly.” He took the oxygen mask from me and told me to breathe normally. The nurse gave me some water and I sipped from the straw slowly so I didn’t choke. Then the doctor and his nurse excused themselves.

“Hyung, how do you feel?” Dong Hoon came back to my side.

“I’m fine. Where’s Ji Hyo?”

“She’s sleeping now. She’s been by your side since the paramedics took you to the hospital. You passed out after Gary hyung beat you. You slept for 3 days and she never left you so I told her to sleep while I’m here.”

“Thank you, Dong Hoon –ah. You’re my reliable dongsaeng.”

“Hyung, about Gary hyung… The police took him and put him in jail.” He continued, “Well, I honestly think that he deserved it. He beat you really bad."

 “Dong Hoon –ah…”

“Yes, hyung?”

“Bail him out from the jail.”

“WHAT?” He shouted, shocked from hearing my words. “Hyung, are you sure? He beat you!”

“I’m serious. Take my bank card then draw the money. It should be enough to bail him.”

“Hyung! It’s your money! You collected it by doing some works for the professors! You think I don’t know about that? You can’t use it for him just like that!”

“Just use it to bail him. It’s more meaningful.”

“HYUNG! YOU’RE GOING TO USE IT FOR YOUR EYES’ OPERATION!”

“I know, you don’t need to shout. I can’t see but I can hear. I’ll call the hospital to tell them that I’m not going to do the operation.”

“Hyung, you’re just getting a donor last week and you want to throw your chance to see just for Gary hyung? Hyung! Think about it again. Please…”

“No, this is my fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter