Love in an Unlikely Place

The House of Horrors... and Love?

The couples now were all chosen. You stood awkwardly with Chanyeol at your side, he towered over you but that wasn't what made the atmosphere was awkward. 

The other members of EXO kept snickering whenever they looked at you or Chanyeol.

"Do I have something on my face?", you asked Chanyeol, curious at the reactions.

He looked at your face a bit longer than he should have, "N-no. So... do you get scared easily?"

"I'm not sure, my unnies say I will be scarier than that house though. You'll protect me right?" 

Chanyeol ears were even redder than before. "Of course! Those zombies have nothing on me!" He started flexing to prove his point. Both of you burst into laughter at this, gaining strange looks from the other idols.

"Ya! This is supposed to be scary!", the MC exclaimed jokingly. Truth be told you actually loved horror movies but you did get pretty jumpy when it came to sudden shocks.

It was now your turn to go through the House of Horrors. You gripped onto Chanyeol's arm, needing something to hold on to. He smirked at you, "We're not even in the house and you already need me", he teased.

The first room was a maze made completely of mirrors, all you could see was you and Chanyeol's reflections. "Hey this is my kind of place!", Chanyeol joked. You giggled and started making funny faces, Chanyeol joining in.

Suddenly a disfigured clown jumped out from behind one of the mirrors. You screamed and bumped into Chanyeol's back. He put an arm around you for support.

You continued going through the maze with many more instances of creepy clowns jumping out. "Oppa, let's make a bet." 

"What are the terms?"

"Whoever gets scared the most has to do whatever the other person want. Ok?"

Chanyeol smiled, "I hope you're ready to lose."

"We'll see", you said confidently. Afterall, you felt less scared with his arm around you.

Both of you were holding in your screams before you made it to a long and narrow hallway. At the end of the hallway a blood-covered girl with hair covering her face began slowly walking towards you.

"Samara it's been so long!", Chanyeol said.

"Oppa are you leaving me for her?", you teased. He laughed, "She's pretty but nothing on you."

"I'm sure you'd be really pretty without the hair covering your face", you suggested, feeling somewhat guilty as the girl walked away dejectedly at the fact that you weren't scared.

The next room was filled with dead bodies and sounds of . One of the bodies that you thought was fake grabbed onto your ankle. Out of fright you grabbed onto Chanyeol who was looking away at the time.

"Ahhh stop! Oh geez it's just you", he let out in relief.

"Just me? I'm hurt", you pouted.

He shook his head in disbelief, "This girl tells jokes in a haunted house. How is a guy supposed to woo her?" You blushed at the comment while entering the last room. 

It looked like a prison with gruesome zombies banging at the iron bars, trying to grab for you. One of them even managed to grab onto your wrist. You screeched and tried to shake him off. "Oppa help!"

Chanyeol pried the zombie's hand off of yours. "Hey buddy, hands off my girl. I know you're dead but that's no excuse."

Meanwhile the other guests were watching what was going on in disbelief. They stared at the TV screen in the lobby of the house, seeing whatever the hidden cameras captured. 

"They look good together", Su-Bin said. The other idols nodded.

"It's because they're both insane", Baekhyun said causing laughter to erupt on set.

You and Chanyeol were almost at the end of the house. As you exited two zombies jumped out and scared both of you. Chanyeol held on to you tightly in a bear hug. Embarrassed, he let go and you were now outside at the exit.

Noticing Chanyeol was pouting you asked, "What's wrong Yeollie?" 

"I don't want this to be over yet", he replied cutely. You blushed, happy at the fact that he enjoyed being partners with you. 

Suddenly he had an evil smile on his face, "you, do you want to get some revenge?" 

You looked at him curiously before following him back into the house. He raised a finger to his lip, signaling to be quiet. 

The two zombies that had scared you were both chatting while waiting for the next guests to come through. You smiled at Chanyeol, instantly catching on. 

The both of you snuck up behind them and screamed, while grabbing their shoulders. The two zombies jumped, screaming at the sudden fright.

You and Chanyeol doubled over in laughter, quickly running out of the house hand in hand. 


You were now back in the lobby. The MC announced, "The winners of the Halloween special are Chanyeol and you!" 

The guest cheered, yelling out congratulations that made it sound as if you got married. You shyly glanced at Chanyeol admiring his bright smile.


You sat on the sidewalk in front of the haunted house, waiting for your manager to pick you up. The rest of the members were fighting over who would get the candy that was your prize. 

Chanyeol sat down beside you. "I won."

"The show?", you asked with a confused look on your face. 

"Well that, and the bet pabo. You screamed way more than me."

"Oh right! What do you want me to do?", you asked innocently.

Chanyeol had a cheeky smile on his face. "Go on a date with me?", he asked shyly.

You had a big grin on your face and kissed his cheek, slyly grabbing his phone. You handed the phone back to the disoriented Chanyeol.

"Now you have my number." 

The black van that was your ride pulled up. As you got up to leave Chanyeol pulled you back to face him. 

"Huh-" Chanyeol cut you off, pressing his lips onto yours. He laughed at your dazed reaction as he slowly pulled away.

"I needed to get revenge." 

 


A/N: It's never too late for Halloween right? If you enjoyed please leave a comment, subscribe, upvote! ...if it's not too much to ask ^-^