Chapter 22

12 Confessions

Fireworks to Rain


The thought really didn't pass on Kai's mind until he confirmed it himself; that Kyungsoo is perhaps jealous.

Of course he's not assuming things up because the other guy doesn't have any reason to feel that way. Not unless Kyungsoo is starting to care for him 'cuz if that is so, then the scene between him and Baekhyun this afternoon that Kyungsoo apparently witnessed might bother the latter a bit though nothing really catchy happened and Kyungsoo acted as if he didn't see anything.


He watches the older guy hastily eating his ramyun.
He often catches Kyungsoo eating ramyun in this place whenever something came up. As if the ramyun serves as much to slake whatever the latter's anxieties.

"You eat slowly... you'll choke" Kai concerned.

"This is how I normally eat..." Kyungsoo flatly answered

"...when you're jealous? Or bothered about something?" Kai teased with a smile
 

Kyungsoo didn't reply back but he stared at the younger guy in front of him. That thought too didn't get into his mind until the other one mentioned it.

"You think too much about yourself"

"Ooh~ but I didn't say it was with me... Kyungsoo-ah, seems like what you say is different from what you're thinking" Kai answered sounding like he's enjoying the flow of conversation.

Kyungsoo can't believe it bounced back, he put his chopsticks down for a while and let a sigh escape from his mouth to finally say, "... maybe it's partly true. I'm a bit bothered because you tend to be playful with me and around other people and I'm not used to that kind of things. That's all."

"Hmn... then how about I make it up to you by a date tomorrow evening?" Kai invited. This time, Kyungsoo almost chokes

"Yah! I told you I'm not used to this kind of things!"

"Deal. Time Square at 8pm sharp tomorrow."

"Don't even waste time thinking of it"

"I won't leave til you see me"





The next night...
"Lets watch the fireworks display!!" Chanyeol excitedly suggested as he showed the advertisement handout to the other members after the gig.

"Argh, what's that? That's so childish"

"C'mon, all of us are single we don't have anyone to spend the year end except ourselves.This is just for tonight!" he added

"Sorry but I have a date" Lay said so casually

"Oh you have-- You have a what?!" Chanyeol almost screamed, well other members almost did too

"A d.a.t.e" Lay even spelled it.

Tao made a 'tsk'-sound so Sehun asks him, "You knew?" 

"Aish, It was Suho hyung, aish chincha, aish" Tao whined
Sehun just laughs as he pats Tao's back.

Then other members started bombarding Lay with questions like since when did it started, how did it happen, well, Sehun even asked how far have they gone to which Baekhyun commented that the two don't look like a couple when they met at school so they should be at the kissing-level atmost.

"Oh gosh, Am I the only one felt behind here?!" 
Chanyeol worriedly asked

"Don't panic. I'm so single too hyung. Where will it be anyway (fireworks display)?" as Sehun patted Chanyeol's back

"you can even watch it from the riverside just a few walk from here"



And so Dark Kiss members all head to the riverside to watch the fireworks for a while, except of course Lay for he said he has a date

They all sat on the ground and while waiting for the short event, Baekhyun offered to buy drinks and Chanyeol pitched to go with him.

On their way, Baekhyun spotted a small frog on the side of the street. He went to pick it up

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked at Baek's back while peeking at the latter's hands

"I think this guy is lost" Baekhyun turned to him and revealed him the frog

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Chanyeol screamed. The frog jumped up from its shock and Baekhyun got surprised.

Chan's eyes almost popped out when he saw the frog jump and to his panic he fall sat on the ground and pulled Baekhyun's blouse in the process.

He then again screams... in his mind. For the next scene he knew is that Baekhyun's lips was pressed against his. And it's true when other people say that the only cure to shock is another shock 
because right now, he doesn't give a fuss about the frog or other things around him.

And before he could end his lucid interval, they heard the first firework shoot up.

Baekhyun was the first to break off. Soon after he wobbly stood up, he stepped two times backward and apologized to Chanyeol. But the latter's mind is still floating on somewhere else.

After the second release of firework, it was then followed by a variety of them all at once lighting up the night sky with different colors that they can't even notice both their faces are actually blushing red.

"Sorry to interrupt you but I think we should hurry up and watch this fireworks with other members now" Baekhyun suggested as he took Chanyeol's hand

 

 

"I... I'm a bit scared of frogs..." Chanyeol started to explain while they resume to walking

"I noticed." Baekhyun shortly answered and chuckled afterwards.

"So I'm sorry if I dragged you down due to panic before... and you ended up k..."

"It's ok"

"Ah, yea., it's not like it's your first kiss or something any--" Chanyeol stopped when he saw Baekhyun unable to agree, 'think he even finally noticed 

Baekhyun's face is still colored deep red. . He cursed in his mind, "Sorry, was it..."

"Embarrassingly...."

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Where did you guys go? It just ended!" Other members complained when the two got back

"Sorry we bumped into something.. but we did see the fireworks on our way"

"We're supposed to watch it all together" Tao said while sulking

"Aww~" Baekhyun can't help but find his aegyo so cute that he sits down to give the younger one a hug

"Where's the drinks?" Tao asked

"Oh? I think I felt a rain dropped..." Sehun commented nonchalantly

"Eh?" Baekhyun turned to Sehun

Soon enough, the rain started to pour. By all means.

"EEHHhhh?!!"

"Aish chincha!" Sehun uttered while grabbing some of their stuffs; Tao also uttered Chinese words and who knows if he's actually swearing at the moment; they all run to the nearest shelter around...

but there is really nowhere near their place so they kind of dispersed each looking for a place to stop by for a while

Chanyeol abstractedly grabbed Baekhyun's hand and went under the old oak tree around the area. The former wanted a better place to wait for the rain to ease down but Baekhyun said that this place is fine, little droplets won't hurt.

Chanyeol brushed his slightly wet hair with his fingers and turned to look at his side... he only meant to check on Baekhyun but when he saw the shorter guy wiping himself with his hankie he felt as if he's watching a not-purely-wholesome scene that he averted his gaze on the other side. And just as how normal guys his age address those not-that-wholesome shows on tv, he cunningly turns again to look back at him.

Both of them are wet from the rain. He can see through Baekhyun's white damp shirt. He watches the droplets slide on the shorter guy's cheeks. And he feels electrified every time a drop falls on his skin too.

He leaned his back on the tree trunk; he swallowed lightly and he knows it's not going to be good.

Whenever he did that. he gets into trouble... and before he could think of the possible reasons why he'll be, he's already bending down to be on the same eye level with Baekhyun

And just in time when Baekhyun turned to him, both of them were surprised when their lips lightly brushed.

 

It only meant to slightly touch but Chanyeol pressed more a little forward so one can clearly testify it's a kiss.

Chanyeol pulls back slowly while his eyes are locked on Baekhyun.

"What did you do..." Baekhyun softly asked with his eyes still wide open

And when Chanyeol finally came to his senses and realized what he just did,

he literally blanked out. he doesn't know what excuse to use... he's waiting for a Lay or a Jongdae to

popped out of nowhere, interrupt them and save him but god, none of them are around. he's starting to

panic...

....

....

"Consider it as giving justice to our first kiss."

Wow he can't believe he was able to say that smoothly. He's getting smart.

"Oh..."

"Ye... yeah..."

Baekhyun on the other hand is in daze. Being kissed twice on the same day and by the same man is mind blowing. Not to mention that it's his first kiss and on top of that it's with the person he likes!

He can't even blush, and he must be dreaming because he double checked if his heart is still functioning for he remembered it stopped the moment he was kissed.

And he hates the fact that he might die just simply because he was kissed by him. He also wanted to hate Chanyeol for causing severe to his heart but he just can't. That's why he just slightly made a wish, that please may come a day when Chanyeol's heart too would stop because of him.

And it is unknown to him that his wish is already granted long ago.

 

He stares at the other guy as every drop of rain from the leaves of the tree where they are staying fall unto him... and just like those little droplets, he finds himself falling over again for Chanyeol

He was a bit lost that he was late to notice that Chanyeol caught him staring... then Baekhyun knew he's making Chanyeol awkward for he is still not taking his eyes off him

"What is it? Falling for me already?" Chanyeol asked, half jokingly

And due to Baekhyun getting into the flow... or by the slip of his tongue or because of whatever reason it was; he answers honestly,

 

"No way! I've already fallen long time ago!"

 

"... whAT?!"

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is puzzled as to why he didn't run straight home when the rain poured when in fact, his house is just some meters away from the riverside. Instead, he found himself in the middle of buying an umbrella in this convenience store which is a little too far from the riverside... which is also a little bit close to the Time Square.

He knew it too well what, or rather who, made him run here instead. The person who has started popping into his mind from time to time. He then headed to the Time Square. He wasn't expecting to see him there. The other guy said 8 but it was already 9pm and besides he didn't say he'll come and no one would wait under the rain... And as expected Kai wasn't around.

He wasn't expecting anything but he somewhat felt a little disappointed. When he turned around to leave, he was surprised for his hand was suddenly grabbed... by Kai.

He looked at the taller man with confused eyes

"You're very late!"

"Babo" Kyungsoo replied as he shares his umbrella to Kai

 

 

They headed to Kai's house. They went pass the living room and proceed upstairs in his room. The floor is wet for Kai's clothes are dripping due to the rain outside. And no one else is around.

Kyungsoo asked where he can get a towel. Kai pointed out the closet. The former got one and went towards Kai who is sitting on his bedside.

"Who told you to wait? Babo" Kyungsoo complained while rubbing Kai's hair with towel

Kai didn't answer back. He's busy watching Kyungsoo who is eagerly attending him. Kyungsoo then gently wipes the other man's damp skin

"Don't blame me if you got cold or something... aish.."

He was about to wipe Kai's cheek when the latter grabbed his hand. Kyungsoo flinched a little for Kai has been silent for a while now and all the while without any sign, the younger guy grabbed his hand.

"...what?" he asked slightly frowning, his tone bit nervous

Kai just stared at him too. Kyungsoo then pulled back his hand but the former tightens his grip and finally utters,

"I don't think you understand the situation..." 

And before Kyungsoo knew it, he was already laid on his bed with Kai bent on top of him. And though he wanted to speak,

"You confuse me too much" Kai already added while staring down at him with dreary eyes

"neol..." Kyungsoo doesn't know what he wanted to say

"You always put me on hold... you might not show any interest in me but you never really rejected me even once... then you'd go concerning for me like this for trivial matters..."

"sorry but I think..."

He was cut when Kai starts to go lower to get closer to him and say,

 

"You should know by now before coming here with me, I'm also a man..."

 

 

---O.O---

hello! i'm sooooo sorry for barely updating this fic... really really busy these days... i'm actually fine with updating my other fics but since this one is nearly ending, i can't just update this easily... i mean i'm finding this hard to update.. whatever, thanks a lot for the subs and the comment.. i hope i can update this again sooner
and is it ok to plug? hehehe im plugging it anyway, 'case you have extra time and 'want to try this too,,,
if this is love
til next time!