Chapter 11

12 Confessions

The Beach, the Sand, and the Seashells

“Can I have you for this day?”

Chanyeol can’t decide what exactly made his heart trump for a while: the question itself or Byun Baekhyun who asked it with a sweet smile.

Just recently, he has constantly been very aware of the newbie. He easily notices his every move, he learned to effortlessly locate him in the crowd, and at times when they talk, he’s feeling conscious.
Something’s wrong with him whenever he’s with Baekhyun but it doesn’t feel bad.

“Are the members busy preparing for tonight that they asked you to keep me company for a while?” Chanyeol asked as they stroll around the seashore.

“Well something like that. But don’t assume, we really have many things to do for today.” Baekhyun cunningly answered.

“But can’t you say it normally next time? I got speechless by the words you used to say it…”

“Haha, you did that to me before too, now you know how it feels.”

Got really nothing to do, Baekhyun asked Chanyeol to gather some seashells

“Will this much do?” Chanyeol asked a little louder for Baekhyun to hear as he lifts the plastic bag half full of seashells to show it to him. He didn’t wait for the other to answer; he already made his way towards Baekhyun.

“We should really think of something better to do”

“But we don’t really have one. Oh! There’s a fun part there though, you know? When you place the shell near your ear, you’ll hear the sound of the sea… sea waves…? Something like that” Baekhyun excitedly shared.

“Like this?” Chanyeol did exactly as Baekhyun have instructed then he sits across him.

“Yea, oh, see…? Do you hear it too?” Baekhyun also got a seashell from the bag and placed it next to his ear too.

Chanyeol frowns as he pressed the shell closer to his ear and says, “Nothing in here though?”

“Let me see” Baekhyun took the Chanyeol’s shell and placed it next to his ear, he adds,

“Eh? I hear it though vividly… c’mon”

This time, Baekhyun puts it near to Chanyeol’s ear and he leans closer to ask, “So? There’s a sound right?”

“I… I seriously can’t hear anything” Chanyeol answered as he locks his gaze on Baekhyun’s.

He wonders if it’s because his heart beats so loud right now that he seems numb to any other sounds around. He kind of worry that since Baekhyun is so close, could it be that he hears it (his heart beat) too?
He then thought that there’s no way; Baekhyun need to feel his chest for the latter to know how noisy his heart is this moment.

Little did he know that Baekhyun is worried with the same thing.
When Chanyeol laid his eyes on him, he flinched a bit and his heart started to pound harder and faster. It’s crazy that it even sounds louder than the sea waves near the shore.

Soon, a cool morning breeze passed by them and a grain of sand got stuck in Baekhyun’s right eye snapping them back on the current situation.

Baekhyun automatically rubs his eye.

“Yah, it’ll get irritated…”

“I think, it’s still there…”

“Stay still…” Chanyeol removed the other’s hand on his face and gently blows a thin air on the shorter’s eye with his hand still not letting go of the latter’s wrist.

He felt his heart increasing pulses again. He stopped and stared at Baekhyun… slowly closing the space between them

“Ah, it got off! Thanks a lot” Baekhyun suddenly said while freeing his wrist from Chanyeol’s grip. Before Chanyeol could even respond, he already turned away just in time before his face got completely red.

“We need to go back now, hurry up” He added without turning to look back at him.

“Ah, yea.” Chanyeol replied as he places his hand on his chest.

He felt stuffed for unknown reason.
Indeed. Something’s wrong with him whenever Baekhyun is around; but it doesn’t feel bad.

 

“Sunbae, watching you cook makes me hungry.”

Smiling Jongdae teased Minseok who is in the middle of assisting Kyungsoo in preparing the food for tonight’s birthday party. A pink blush has never left Minseok’s cheeks as Jongdae constantly gives whimsical comments in whatever he does.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes towards their direction. One more line from Jongdae ‘til his eardrums will finally breakdown. He’s thankful that since Minseok is here helping him, Kai won’t bulge in and disturb him. But he didn’t see it coming that his Prof. Jongdae and Minseok would be way more bothering. Not to mention that the young professor turned out to be the type who constantly utter phrases that Kai would have said to him instead.
He’s near to poking. Though they are only three in the kitchen right now, he feels suffocated.

Minseok got some icing on his fingers and Jongdae caught his hand and says, “Ah, what a waste…”
He smirked and was about to Minseok’s fingers when Kyungsoo chopped the poor cabbage real hard that it feels like he’s axing a wild boar. Jongdae froze. Minseok got scaried that Kyungsoo might have finally snapped.

Kyungsoo released his knife and got a towel. He wipes Minseok’s hands with Jongdae not even daring to gulp.
“I’m fine here alone, so could you please grill these barbeque outside?”

When the two left, that’s when he finally got to breathe. But unlucky for him since it’s now Kai’s turn to pester him.
He saw the guy walk through the door as he smirks.
Kyungsoo sighs.

Seriously, give me some break…

 

Suho and Lay are cleaning the yard, placing the table and arranging the chairs. It was supposed to be Suho with Tao doing these but since soon as Kris and Tao arrived this morning, both of them went straight to bed and ‘til now are sleeping.

Suho went towards Lay who is sitting on one of the chairs with his head laid on the table

“You should really take a nap, you look really sleepy”

“No, I’m fine”

Truth is, Lay barely got any sleep last night too. It was a grueling mental torture and he worked really hard to keep himself sane.
He made it clear that it’s not because of Suho. It’s because of what his stupid heart is feeling for the other…

“Really, it’s ok. Soon, Prof Luhan and Sehun will be back here from the market, I’ll get them to help in case I need one.”

“No. it’s really ok.” Lay then lifts his head and started moving around…

Suho smiles, went towards him, and ruffles Lay’s hair.

 

_author's corner_

whew! managed to update somehow.. sorry for being late~
it's very cold every morning kruuu~ but oh,
the moon's shape this night is very pretty ^^

hope you guys have a great day~