Present

Hopeless hope [Edited] (one shot)

*AUTHOR’s P.O.V*

 

Right just after their band practice, Krystal immediately hurriedly hopped to her service. It’s already late in the evening; she’s sure enough that her mom will scold her again. She can’t do anything; her mom is so strict and did not allow them to practice at their house. So they have to look for a music studio to be able to practice. She sighed heavily and when she was about to get into her car, a voice from behind called her.

 

“Krys…!”

 

It’s Amber… there goes that feeling again. The stares that make her heart beat fast. But no! She can’t. She just can’t fall in love with her best friend. Yes! You heard it right! HER best friend! Krystal is a straight girl! She like boys!... but, there’s this unusual feeling that she feels for her best friend.

 

*KRYSTAL’s P.O.V*

 

                “oh yeah!...uhm…well...are you going home now?”

 

                “yeah!uhm…I just want to-“

 

                “come on…we’ll drop you at your house. Your driver’s not yet around. Let’s talk inside”

 

                “okay”

 

And so we talked…Amber shared his ideas for the new composition of out song. I just can’t resist looking at her face. Her serious yet charming face. I am just staring at her until I felt a hand waving over my face.

 

                “Krys? Are you okay?”

 

                “oh! Yeah! I’m fine..I’m okay..so? where are we?” I can feel my face heating up.

 

                “as I was saying… is the lyrics okay?”

 

                “yeah! Like.. the lyrics is so romantic…”

 

                “huh? What are you talking about, Krys? The song isn’t a love song.” Amber said in a confused look

 

                “what?! Oh! Sorry…” Krystal looked down

 

                “Krys? Why are you blushing?” Amber said with a smirk on her face.

 

 

*gosh Krystal! Why are you blushing! It’s so embarrassing! Just take it slow~~~*

 

                “mwo?! I’m not…it’s just that-“Amber cut off what she is about to say

 

                “ahh Krys~ it’s okay… “ Amber looked away so that Krystal won’t notice that she, too is blushing.

 

 

*silence*

 

                “uhm..Krys…”

 

                “hmm?”

 

                “are you already ready for our grand Christmas party?”

 

                “yea. How about you?”

 

                “yeah. A.. a little bit…”

 

Krystal noticed that something’s bothering her best friend. “ Amber, are you okay?” she asked worriedly.

 

                “yes,I am. I’m fine.”

 

*Silence fills the car. Gosh! What’s happening? I know something’s not going right in here*

 

The car stopped.

 

                “uhm… Amber… we are already here…”

 

                “yeah! Haha! Sure… so? Uhm… see yah!”

 

                “see yah!”

 

                “tomorrow! Haha!”

 

                “yes, tomorrow!...Amber? are you sure you’re really okay?”

 

                “yes… I am…”

 

                “okay… bye…”

 

                “bye…!”

 

 

*AMBER’s P.O.V*

 

I watched the car until I see them no more… dang~! How am I going to say this to her? I know she’ll be worried when she’ll know what’s bothering me. I also don’t want her to be sad. Seeing her lonely crushes my heart into pieces. And I think she already forgot what will going to happen

 

 

---SKIP

 

It’s already grand Christmas party. Everybody are dressed in their best dresses. All are prepared. Everyone is excited.

 

*still Amber’s P.O.V*

 

As I got in the hotel, Sulli, one of our members waved her hand at me and mouthed OVER HERE. I walked through their direction; I hear people whispers about me as I pass their way.

 

                “OMG! He’s so cool! I wish he could ask me for a date!” said the one.

 

                “No! after this party, he’s going to be mine!” said the another.

 

*man, why don’t they just mind their own business? Otherwise, they make me popular ^^*

 

I  just can’t help but smile at her thoughts.

 

                “Hi Amber!” Sulli greeted her smiling. She’s so cute. Her aegyeoness is so effortless.

 

                “Hi Sulli! Hi Vic! Hi Luna!” I greeted everyone.

 

                “You look cool!” Vic complemented

 

”ahhh~ thanks Vic-aah! ^^” I scrathed the back of her head.

 

“so? Where’s Krystal? Luna Asked

 

“I’m sure the Ice Princess is still preparing to be her best” Vic said

 

“she’s the best even she’s unprepared” I said in a whispering tone…

 

“are you saying something,Amber?” Luna asked with a smirk on her face.

 

“huh? No! I’m not saying anything! Haha!...Nothing!” I can feel tiny sweats on my forehead.

 

“Okay~” the Luna gave me a you-say-so look. I know Luna knows something about what I feel for Krystal.

 

*woooh~ that was close,Amber…that was close*

 

“She’s here! Sulli said almost screaming

 

“lower you voice Sulli-ah~!” Vic said

 

I saw her tonight… she’s so gorgeous! So pretty! She flashes that innocent smile of her.. That smile that always makes my heart melts. So charming…

 

Luna’s voice brought me back to reality and before I knew it, Krystal is already standing in front of me.

 

 

*KRYSTAL’s P.O.V*

 

                “are you okay,Amber? You seemed to be out of you mind this past few days”  I said

 

                “what?! Sure! Yes..I-I’m okay..you’re so beautiful,Krys”

 

                “oh! Thank you! You too.. you look pretty- I mean handsome! Oh! I mean PreSome…” I felt bloos rushed to my cheeks.

 

                “PreSome? What’s that?” Victoria asked curiously

 

                “Pretty and Handsome are combined together. PreSome!” Sulli interrupted

 

                “oh sure! Haha!”

 

At that night, when the program is still going-on, Amber invited me to the Hotel’s garden. It’s one of the beautiful spots at that hotel. We stayed the in silence for several minutes. We are just enjoying at the stars and the silence and peacefulness of the place. Until Amber spoke to break the silence between us.

 

                “Krys…”

 

                “hmm?”

 

                “I have to give you something…”

 

                “What is it?”

 

She got a small box from her pocket. Opened it and showed a silver necklace with a butter pendant. Their names were engraved behind the design.

 

                “this is for you”

 

                “yah! It’s nice. Thank you. But.. today isn’t my birthday”

 

                “yeah. I know… please take care of it…that..that might be my last gift for you while I’m still here”

 

                “huh? why? What are you twalking about?”

 

Amber just looked down and said nothing.

 

                “c’mon Amber.. is there any problem?” I cupped her  face and looked into her eyes.

 

                “nothing…listen to me Krystal…” Amber slowly removed my hands on her face “whatever happens…things will still remain the same. We will still be best friends? Okay?”

 

                “yah! What’s got into you? Of course! I know that! No ones gonna replace you,Amber..” I lightly tapped her arms.

 

*silence*

 

*what’s Amber talking about? Is she leaving the group?*

 

                “I love you,Krystal…”

 

I looked at her. Now our faces are just inches away. Amber slowly bends forward. I closed my eyes but…when I opened it, I saw Amber smirking at me..

 

*OMG Krys! What’s got in to you?! Why did you close your eyes?!*

 

                “YAH~!”

 

                “what?!” Amber’s trying to hide her laughter.

 

                “where’s Amber and Krystal?!” Luna’s looking for them.

 

“I  might find them here-- oh! Sorry!”  she found the two. Both me and Amber cleared a lamp on our throats.

 

“just continue w-with your t-thing..I-I’ll just see you later! Bye!” she continued and hurriedly exited.

 

I lay my head into her shoulder as we watch the fireworks showers it’s light into the sky. It was a poignant night of the two of us.

 

When all the happiness has gone, when it seemed that fate just forgot about you and all you could think is for the world to end. Hope will transpire and that’s it, you go on with life.