The nature of Nature

Heavenly tears

A glare of light shone through the window and onto Kyungsoo's face, causing him to stir in his sleep. Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes while propping himself up. Why was he awake? Wasn't he dead? Kyungsoo asked himself as he opened his eyes. Confused, Kyungsooo spun his head around. He tried to identify the colour of the walls.

 

Pastel green.

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he sat upright on the bed. He wasn't proud to say he can identify the colour of the wall. A three-year old could even recognise the colour. Kyungsoo sighed again as he let his body fall onto the soft bed.

 

On second thoughts, Kyungsoo wondered where he was. He is dead. Dead, and he should not wake up. Ever. For the second time, Kyungsoo spun his head around the room. He then looked down and found himself stark .

 

Looking at the windows, Kyungsoo found a mixture of blue and white. He wondered what was outside; It was fascinating, and had its own accent of mystery. It was such a beautiful scene to behold, and Kyungsoo unknowingly stepped out of the pastel green room, his feet having a mind of their own, completely forgetting to find out where he was.

 

As he stepped out of the room, he saw clouds and the holy blue sky, with golden rays of the sun peeping through the clouds. Kyungsoo figured out where he was.

 

He was in heaven.

 

But what good did Kyungsoo do to deserve a spot in heaven? He couldn't remember. He could only remember the time where he helped an old man to collect the newspapers that were scattered on the ground. He couldn't remember anything else he did good. Scratching his head, Kyungsoo began to wonder around Heaven.

 

Every step Kyungsoo took, a puff of clouds would rise up and tickle Kyungsoo's feet. He loved that feeling and so, he started to run around, to god who knows where.

 

As Kyungsoo laughed and giggled, he came to a halt when he saw a tanned back facing him. That body was sitting down, his hands holding onto a mirror. Kyungsoo's smile faded as he saw that body. Slowly, Kyungsoo stepped backwards with his hands spread out. The Body turned around and revealed his face. It was pale and wrinkled, compared to before. His tired eyes lit up at the sight of the other's.

 

"Kyungsoo."

 

"..."

 

"Kyungsoo! It's you!"

 

"No, no, I'm not Kyungsoo!" As Kyungsoo got ready to turn around and run away, the other male stopped him. "Kyungsoo."

 

"What do you want, Jongin?"

 

"Kyungsoo." Jongin went forward and hugged Kyungsoo, only to be pushed away by the latter.

 

"What do you want?"

 

"Kyungsoo. It's me."

 

"Go away."

 

'Kyungsoo, you've changed. What happened to you"

 

"What happened to me?" Kyungsoo scoffed as he poked Jongin's shoulders,"What? Do you expect me to say 'I love you' and hug you?"

 

Jongin was scared. He was scared by the sudden change in Kyungsoo. He was afraid that Kyungsoo had stopped loving him and became like this.

But it can't be like this. If Kyungsoo had stopped loving Jongin, then both of them would not be in heaven...

 

"Kyungsoo, you are real, aren't you? Stop pretending you hate me. You loved me a moment ago, what made you hate me?" Jongin asked with a quiver in his voice, clutching onto the mirror tightly, while Kyungsoo repeated the question Jongin bombarded him.

 

"What makes you think so?"

 

"Look Kyungsoo, look at the mirror. This is the happy ending that you wanted us to have. Kyungsoo, don't lie to yourself, you still love me. Heaven is the place for peole who still love each other. Once one of the pair or both loses love for the other, the two will go to different parts of Hell. No matter how much the two loves each other after falling from Heaven, they cannot return back here.

 

"You still love me Kyungsoo dear. You and I, are up here in heaven. So let's create the ending we both want, alright? Kyungsoo, I know you hate me for leaving you, I was at fault, I'm sorry. But, let me create a happy ending with you, the story we both wanted, alright Soo?"

 

Kyungsoo heart hurts when he saw Jongin begging him like this. But what Jongin did was unforgivable. Kyungsoo spun around and got ready to leave, when he felt a storng grip on his shoulders that turned him back.

 

"You are scary, Jongin. I'm scared, and scarred. Leave me alone, I'm scared Jongin, I'm scared of you. You are scary. Even If you apologise it's too late. Late.

 

"You caused me pain, I don't want to be hurt anymore, Jongin. My heart now is too fragile. If I continue to be with you, I'll only hurt myself. I'm scarred already, Jongin. Don't scar me.

 

"I don't want to love you anymore. It's too depressing and tiring. I'm tired already, let me go and heal my heart."

 

To be honest, Kyngsoo was scared, too. He was scared that he himself had stopped loving Jongin. His body and mind had reacted to a different way his heart wanted. Kyungso didn't want this.

On second thoughts, Kyungsoo thought, maybe, just maybe, this is how they are supposed to end.

 

"Soo!" Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's two shoulders and shook him, "Kyungsoo! You are not lying, are you? Why are you behaving like this? I'm hurt, I don't want this, Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo immediately pushed Jongin away and started to run. Away. His mind was in a mess. He was confused.

 

"Kyungsoo! You still love me, don't you? Because even if you say that you've erased it, it doesn't go away that easily. Love doesn't remain in the memories... It remains in the heart. Kyungsoo!"

 

He was supposed to love Jongin, but why... His mind when he first saw Jongin made him feel that he hated the younger. He didn't feel a sense of belonging, nor security and happiness. He didn't knew why his mouth had blurted those blunt and harsh words. As he ran, Kyungsoo felt himself fall down. The last thing he heard was Jongin's shouthing of

 

"No!"

 

A loud thud rang through the air as Kyungsoo felt his back hit somethig hard.

 

He was in hell, together with Jongin. Apart.

Kyungsoo had lost his trust for Jongin, but his love still remains.

 

Dear Moon,

Should his soul wake up thinking of me,

please tell him to look up at the sky and remember that we are living under the same sky.

 

Moon,

Please tell him,

even though my eyes can't see him, I'm still beside him

Should wind his cheeks,

those are my hands longing for him

When rain falls from Heaven,

those are my tears reaching out for him.

Even thugh my ears cannot hear what he says,

but I know he still loves me,

Am I right?

 

Silvery Moon, O, silvery Moon,

Please deliver him my words.

I'm scared of being apart like this time 

It was all so sudden.

We shouldn't end like this,

we were wrong.

Please, Darling Kyungsoo

Please remember that we are living under the same sky.

~KIM JONGIN


 

"I'm scared, Jongin..."

 

"Is that you that I hear, Kyungsoo?"

"Jongin?"

"Kyungsoo?"

"Jongin!"

"Kyungsoo!"

"Where are you, Jongin?"

"Kyungsoo, where are you?"

"Kyungsoo?"

"Kyungsoo?!"

"Kyungsoo!"

"Jongin...!"

"Kyungsoo...!"

 

 

"I'm sorry Kyungsoo..."

 


 


Please read the author's note before asking any questions.