Aren't Birds Meant To Fly...

Birds

 

She stands there, in the spotlight, in the fame.

Showcasing her talents, her effortless moves. Swaying back and forth, prancing here and there. She stood in the illusion of an empty stage.

 

 

 

 

Whispers lash out like angry dogs, full of jealousy yet so full of admiration. Girls glaring, boys staring, all watching as she strides through the hallway. So cold yet so polite, she walks with blackness in her eyes. Showing no emotion at all she marches to her classroom. Sitting down on the old wooden chair she stares into the haunting clouds. Lying on the antique desk she rests her tired head.  Mirroring the emptiness, she sits there daydreaming of the days ahead. The teacher came in, the students settle and the repetitive day begins. As break time barges in, the students run. Running like stampedes of bulls they run to the short freedom of the day. Standing like a zombie coming alive, she limps down the hallway. Girls gossiping and boys praising as she floats down the hallway like a goddess.

 

“What a show-off, I bet all her clothes are fakes”
“Oh My God, if only wishes come true, I wish I was her boyfriend”
“Who does she think she is? She should just die and go to hell”
“Oh how I wish I can at least walk with her and talk to her…”

 

 

 

Opening the doors, the cafeteria silences as the centre of hated and dreams glides in, collecting her food and sitting in her usual spot, at the back and next to the window. Ignoring the stares as if they were air, she robotically eats. A cool sensation drop on her head, as girls green with envy, warns her of their power. Ignoring the sensation, she continues to eat the soggy paste. Girls thrashing harsh words at her as the boys watched helplessly with anger and sympathy.  

 

“Go die!”

 

“What a disgrace.”

 

“No one wants you, get out of here!”

 

 

 

When she had had enough of the paste that was once food, she stands up and walks towards the door, ignoring everything. Walking back to her classroom, she went up to her seat and sat there. Laying her head back down, she sighed and watched the darkness of the sky.  As school started to finish, anticipating students, waits for the bell to scream, and once it did, another stampede had broken out. Cheering happily the students ran. Not even 5 minutes had past and the school was empty, empty of students except for one. Sighing she stands and drags herself out of the classroom. Slowly and sadly, step-by-step, she walked out of the school and into the black, first class van. As she sat there daydreaming once again, her manager blabbered on about the schedules for the day.

 

“You have a live performance in an hour”
“You have an interview after that”

 

 

 

Arriving at the performance venue, her manager dragged her out of the van, to her waiting room. Sitting in a chair in front of a large mirror, she was staring at herself getting transformed into something else. She was changing, from a plain looking girl to a mature and vampire-like lady. Staring, she watched as the make-up artists painted her face with shades of black, grey and white. Finishing off, they were painting her lips blood red and were adding on icy blue and black contacts for her eyes. When they finished, she saw a monster, a pure cold-blooded monster staring back at her. As she was staring at the monster the staffs of the venue started shouting out instructions and all that.
“Five minutes left!”
“Stage clear”
“Ready to go”

 

 

 

Striding, she went to the stage lift. Crouching, she was clearing her mind and setting it to professional mode. Only thinking about the lyrics and dance steps, the countdown was starting. Fans screamed as only five seconds were left.
“Five!”
“Four!”
“Three!”
“Two!”
“One!”

 

 

 

It was her time to shine. With a strong push from the stage lift, she leaped onto the stage, the stage where she was debuting. Fans screaming in joy, music pumping in full volume, cameras rolling, it was finally her time. It was finally her time to shine, her time to happiness, and her time to breaking free. As she started singing the first verse, the fans chanted. Chanting her stage name, chanting her nickname, the ones marking her breaking free point.

 

“TIME!”
“LESS!”
“TIME!”
“LESS!”
“JS!”
"JS!"

 

 

 

“Sir,” A stern voice breaking my chain of thoughts as I watched her perform. I looked over my shoulder, only to be shocked.

 

“Yes…” Replying in surprise and fear, I just stared blankly.

 

“You are now under inspection as you have been reported for invasion of privacy by Miss JS. Would you please follow us to the police station for further investigation.” The same voice said, the voice of a police officer. Or should I say, inspector.