Your Umbrella

Why Are We Like This?

“ urggh ! where the hell are you Ahn Jaehyo ?! “ Jaerin shouted as she continuously dials her brother’s number.

 

 

“ Aish that stupid guy never fails to break his promises.” She continued to hiss as she heard the annoying voice of the girl on the other line saying that her brother might be busy at the moment.

 

 

            “ yah ! Ahn Jaerin, aren’t you coming in yet ? the recital is about to start in a minute.” The guy with case voice said.

 

 

            “ I’m coming Jihoon-ah.” Jaerin sighed as Jihoon pulled her.

 

 

Jaerin is an in coming college student but since its summer break yet, she decided to sign up for a dance class, and today was her recital, she was about to attend it with her brother; but the worthless guy she calls brother is nowhere to be found. Though the whole event was a success she pity’s herself because she came there without any supporter. Jihoon who happens to be her best friend was the only one who cheered up for her. And now she was standing outside the dance studio under the rain with her umbrella waiting for her brother.

 

 

--flashback--

 

            “ Jaerin-ah, mianhe, I lost track of the time during the photoshoot.” Jaehyo said from the other line.

 

 

            “ It’s okay. Nothings new. The recital’s over, I’ll go home now.” Jaerin answered as she stuff her belongings on her bag.

 

 

            “ I’ll pick you baby. Wait for me there.” Jaehyo said.

 

 

            “No its okay. I’ll go with jihoon, he will give me a ride.”

 

 

            “ Please baby girl, let me do this, I want to make it up to you since ------ ”

 

 

            “ Okay. Okay. I’ll wait for you. One hour. You should be here in an hour or else.”

 

 

            “ I will. I will, I have to go, take care. Bye! ”

 

 

            “ Bye. ”

 

--end of flashback—

 

            “ It’s been an hour and a half. I shouldn’t have trusted his words.” Jaerin said as she tries to suppress the tears that were forming on her eyes. She tried calling him but she can’t contact him anymore.

 

 

            “ Go home now Jaerin, you look like a fool here. ” She tries to give herself a peep talk, when all of a sudden.

            “ I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you wait. ” A guy said from behind her and back hugged her.

 

 

            “ Something’s wrong here. ” Jaerin thought as the voice of the guy don’t seem familiar to her.

 

 

            She let go of her umbrella and her bag making the guy shock from her action and let go of her. She then face him. She’s right the guy was a stranger.

 

 

            They both have the identical shock expression from their faces.

 

 

            “ I’m sorry. I thought you’re-------.”

 

 

            “ Minhyuk oppa ?” a girl said behind Jaerin. They both look at her and saw that the girl was crying with her umbrella beside her.

 

 

            The three of them look at each other, they were all soak in the rain, looking like a scene from a drama.

 

 

            “ Jaerin-ah!” Jaehyo shouted when he saw his sister soaking wet. Because of Jaehyo’s call the three woke up from their trance.

 

 

            The other girl run away with Minhyuk following behind her while calling her name. “Minjin-ah!!!”

 

 

            That gives Jaerin the cue to pick up her belongings and her umbrella.

 

 

            “What happen? Who are they?” Jaehyo ask as he give his jacket to his sister but Jaerin just shook her head. He then guided her to his car but Jaerin didn’t move an inch and just stay there looking at the umbrella that the crying girl left after running away.

 

 

            “What’s wrong?” Jaehyo ask again.

 

 

            “Nothing oppa. I don’t know them actually.” Jaerin answered and pick up Minjin’s umbrella.

 

 

            “Maybe I should keep this.” Jaerin thought as she enters Jaehyo’s car.