Chapter 1

Gothic Yet Cute

‘Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday To You! Happy Birthday to Misha, happy birthday to you!’, everyone sang in a jolly sphere. On this day the Koy family was celebrating the 10th birthday of their only daughter Misha. It was a very happy occasion for the whole family to gather. 

The Koys are one of the riches families in a far island called Hawana. Before the child was born, the Koys were greatly disappointed with themselves. They wanted to at least have someone who could success them in all ways possible and take on their position. But since they had no children, they had no successor. But when Misha was born they were all very happy to welcome their 1st born to the family. 

Misha was really tired of staying between all the adults and kids she barely knew and was searching for a place to rest. But since there were only people wherever she went, she walked and walked till she reached the 4th floor of her house. There she could sense the quietness she was looking for. She sat on the floor and fell asleep without realising it. While asleep she had a weird dream, where she saw a shadow walking towards her. In her sleep it also felt like something bit her neck; a misquito she thought.

 

The next morning when she woke up, she found herself in her bedroom, on her bed. She could see the sun shining into her room. But the curtains were holding most of it from shining into the room. She could also hear the birds chirping and her dog barking. She stood up and began to run at the curtain and opened them. She then smiled while looking at the sun. –Ah, what a beautiful view-,she thought and let out a sigh –I haven’t opened my presents yet-. She ran downstairs in order to open her presents, but when she got there she saw that everyone was surprised to see her. She did not know why, so she went to her mother first to ask her where her presents were. Her mother looked at her as if she had seen a ghost and began to yell at her not to come closer. Misha was surprised by her mother's behaviour. She did not know why her mother reacted like that towards her asking about the presents. She went to her father to get his attention, but even he did not want her to be around him. Misha, not knowing what had happened and not knowing what to do, ran off to her room and crying.

After a while one of her aunts came into her room. She looked a little sad as she walked towards Misha. ‘Are you alright?’ she asked while walking towards her. ‘Is there anything you want? Should I get you a glass of juice, maybe?’, Misha did not want anything at the moment so she refused. ‘Okay, but if you want to talk about something or if you are feeling lonely, you can come by. I will always listen to whatever you have to tell me, okay?’, the aunt said as she tried to comfort Misha. Misha felt a little better after her aunt left the room.

–Maybe I could ask aunty why mama and papa are being like that to Misha-, she thought as she wiped away her tears. She got off of her bed and ran out of her room in order to search for her aunt. As she was on her way to the living-room, she happened to hear her aunt's voice coming from her parent's room. She happened to hear her aunt tell her parents something very shocking. her aunt said that Misha did not have much longer to live and that she could only live till her 20th birthday at max. She was so taken aback after hearing that and took a few steps back in shock of hearing about her death. She went to her room and locked herself up for two whole days. Did not eat nor did she drink anything in the meantime. 

 

During that period of time her parents were very disturbed by Misha's incident. They had a guilty feeling thinking they were the reason Misha would not come out of her room. They kept sending food to her room but she kept refusing it, saying that she did not feel like eating at all. No one knew what to do anymore. They made her favorite things hoping she would come out and eat but with no avail. On the other side of the door Misha was still trying to understand the meaning behind her aunt's words and why her parents just sat there not uttering a word. 

 

While she was doing her best to understand the situation, she heared a strange voice. The voice was unfamiliar to her. She tried to listen to what it said and figure out where it came from. She focused her hearing on just that but then the voice stopped. –What was that all about?!-, she thought. She felt the creeps staying alone in her room now.

 

On the thirth day the door to her room finally opened up and a small foot walked out of the room. The sun was bright as it always was and the birds were chirping as always. ‘Ah, feels just like usual. I missed it so much!’, she took a deep breath and breathed out slowly. Coincidently, while she was standing there, her parents were standing behind her with tears filling their eyes. Her mother got emotional  thanking God that Misha came out of her room. ‘How have you been, darling?’, her father asked putting his right hand on her left shoulder. Misha first looked down at the floor for a little while. –They’re the same as they were too-, she thought leaving out a sigh of relief, -I’m so glad-. She looked back and saw that her mother who stood there with her tears about to faal from her eyes. She ran into her mother's arms and hugged her as tight as her small arms could. 'Don't worry mom', she said as she was about to cry herself ,'Look, nothing has happened to me'. Her mother could not stop her tears from falling down and began to cry harder holding Misha as tighter as though she was reassuring Misha that she would never leave her alone again. 'I thought that I would not see you come out of that room again', her mother cried out. Her father just stood there looking at those two with a smile of relieve on his face.