Chapter 3

Sorry Princess

(A/N)

*……*this means that is in English

...........................................................................................................................................................

 

10 years had passed since the greatest trip of all my life…

I stayed two months in ia…with my auntie and her friend and most importantly, her two sons: Ricky and MICKY.

I never got the chance to give back the bracelet and Micky never asked me about it. But a part of me always feels that he knew I had it.

I think in fact, I didn´t want to give it back….it represented him.

Many things changed in my life after I met him.

If it weren’t for him…..I wouldn´t be working in L.A…

He was the one that helped me learn English….he encouraged me to never give up…

So when I left ia and came back to Korea I kept studying really hard.

Until today I don´t know the reason why we stopped communicating after I left…..in that time, well I didn´t have a cell phone…or even email…..I guess calling to my house wasn´t the most exciting option….I can´t blame him for not calling….

Also he won the talent competition and that made him very busy….he had to start training to become a singer.

To my bad luck when I found he was coming to Korea, I was getting ready to travel to America…

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The last day we saw each other, I remember we sat on the entrance stairs of my auntie´s house.

“Tomorrow is your last day here, right?” he told me in a sad tone.

“Yes….what I´m most sorry about is that I won´t be able to be with you for the contest…”

“Yeah…..we have had an amazing time together….I´m really glad I met you….and I hope you could stay one more day…”

“I feel the same, but you know what?......I know you will win….you are the best.”

“Micky!!!” Ricky called him….like the first time we met…..that guy always interrupted my precious moments with Micky!

“Oh wait here, I will be right back.” He said hurriedly and I nodded.

Yes…we never spent a long time together…he was always busy practicing….he was determined to win the contest, I never complained because I know it was his dream to become a singer.

But when we were together….those were the most amazing moments of my life….he could turn a cold and sad day into the funniest one…..

He always protected me….and I was very impressed by his sensibility…..

He was always charming….and every time he arrived late for our…..well I don´t know if they were dates…he would always say: “*Sorry Princess*”

Yes that phrase that still makes my heart melt.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I remember I remained sat there looking at the starry night when he left to talk to Ricky. I slowly closed my eyes, like I still do every night until today and started praying for him.  

“Dear God, as every night I pray to you, I want you to take care of Micky. Today is my last night with him and I especially want to ask you that you give him strength and help him win the contest. I know that he is my first love and I will always remember him, but maybe it is not with me by his side that he will be happy. So I just want you to help him find his happiness, because that is the most important gift I want to leave him, the desire with all my heart for him to be happy.”

“What are you doing?” Micky suddenly appeared and scared me.

I think in that moment I showed a really terrified face, because he looked at me with a worried expression.

“Did I scared you?.....*Sorry princess.*”

I just smiled at him so he could relax.

 “I´m just praying for you, for you to be happy and also to win the contest.” I said truthfully, I wanted to open my heart to him.

And I think in that moment he felt the same as me.

He looked at me with his intense brown eyes and smiled.

“Thank you, that´s the best gift you could have given me.”

I still feel glad that he understood it that way…he really understood what I felt for him.

Suddenly he approached me.

In that moment I wasn´t conscious of what he was doing, until I felt his soft lips on mine.

My lips curved into a smile…..that was my first kiss and even though it was bittersweet I will never forget it……

The world stopped at that moment and my heart was beating fast.

 Until today, I don’t want to look at it as a goodbye kiss……because first kisses aren’t suppose to have that meaning….

For me it is just the most special kiss ever….I think it is the shortest one I have ever had, but his sweet and tender lips made me understand the meaning of first love…..

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

After we kissed we stood there looking at each other and smiling….

Until today I don’t understand how that moment could feel so right…..

If I didn’t know at that moment that the next day I was leaving….I would have thought that we would end up together….

Unfortunately, the sad reality fell upon us when once again that annoying voice was heard.

“*Micky, it’s dinner time, come in.*”

“Well, I guess you should go in too.” He said with sad eyes.

In that moment my heart was hurting….It would be the last time I would see him….

At that time I didn’t know it would be ten years, but even one day away from him was already painful.

He stood up and was about to leave when I held his hand.

“Please, don’t forget me…” My heart was bursting at that moment…

He turned around and hugged me.

He said softly in my ear, still holding me.

“I will never forget you, I promise……and…..I will also be praying for your happiness.”

With that last line, he left and entered his house….

My tears started to flow……

In fact…..my tears are flowing now……

Many reasons separate us….but he is still my first love and the one who gave me my first kiss…

I hope I can see him tomorrow, now that Dong Bang Shin Ki is coming to L.A.