Chapter 1

Marry You: Yours
"Who was it?" I asked, placing the tray of juice and sandwiches on the table. Baekhyun and I just finished meeting with the wedding coordinator an hour ago and we're here at my place to rest. He placed his phone on the table as I sat beside him. 
 
"Just Chanyeol. Thanking us for the proposal idea" he smiled before drinking his juice. I just nodded, smiling. Today was really a busy day so I really can't say anything more.
 
"That's great! He knows how long Yeon has been waiting for that perfect moment!" I managed to mumble before munching a chicken sandwich. I am about to take another bite when I noticed him staring at a distance. 
 
"Yah, what's wrong? Not feeling well?" I asked, leaning over a little to check his forehead. Seems normal to me though. 
 
"Ani, just thinking" he smiled before snatching my food, claiming it as his own. I poked his cheek hard before chuckling. I didn't argue anymore. 
 
To be honest, Baekhyun's been having those "thinking moments" frequently these days. He's a lot quiet now than he actually is. I'm quite worried but I thought that maybe it's just the stress of preparations and all. I myself is stressed too. 
 
"Do you think we're ready? For this?" He suddenly blurted out. I turned to him, only to see a somehow bothered Baekhyun looking at me. 
 
I felt a mix of emotions, well not just a mix but a whole bunch of emotions that I find it hard to recognize what the dominant feeling is. Before I could ask how he could say such a thing, he intertwined his fingers with mine. 
 
"Don't overthink Ri, I just asked" he smiled, comforting me. But being the worrywart right here, his words didn't lighten my heart a bit. 
 
As a couple, we're not really the strongest, the most mature. We take things too lightly, compare to the other couples of our group. As childish as I am, it's him who's leading me always. 
 
Even the start of our relationship isn't the cutest or the one that romcom movies show. I could say it's just an accident. Maybe I'm just being paranoid..or maybe not. 
 
You could ask why am I thinking these things when our wedding is just a few months away, 3 months to be exact. 
 
I don't know too. 
 
Maybe because I'm too insecure that a good catch like him will fall for someone plain like me. Typical insecurity issues I have right now but I can't help but feel the same. 
 
It's because he really didn't like me at first. Back in college, I was the one  who admired him a lot, I was head over heels for him so much that he was just forced to go out with me. 
 
Things are a lot different now though, I know his love is real now, not forced. His family loves me the same as my family loves him but even though things are very okay right now, when my mind goes back to where we started, my heart still feels scared. 
 
That's why it got him three proposals before I could really say yes to him. It did brought us a lot of trials since my rejections broke him but I couldn't bring myself telling him that I guarded my heart too much. I found it hard to believe that he loves me that much for him to spend the rest of his life with me.  
 
I love him. I really do that's why I buried all my fears and doubts aside to carry on with the wedding. But now, a simple question of his brought all the anxieties back. 
 
"Hey" he called softly while wrapping his arms around me, letting me lean my head on his shoulders. 
 
"Your head might burst any minute if you didn't stop thinking of senseless things"  he chuckled, kissing the top of my head lightly. 
 
"Yah... I didn't ask that for you to feel down.. I guess I didn't pick the right words to say I'm sorry" he softly told me. Maybe he thought that my silence means something.
 
"No worries, it's me who just thought wrongly" I smiled, sitting straight. I reached for my drink and sipped slowly. 
 
Silence consumed after. It's a comfortable silence, it's not awkward or whatsoever. It just let our minds wander for a minute or two. 
 
"What I meant was... If we're ready to take one step ahead. I know we're taking marriage seminars already but it just feels good to hear straight from you that you want us to be together forever"  he nervously broke the silence. I turned to him in shock. Why do I feel that he's nervous and scared. I knew him as a very confident person, inside and out. 
 
"Yeah, you agreed to marry me. But what if you just got tired of me asking again? What if any minute you'll realize that this is all rushed and you're not yet decided?" I saw his expression, I guess I'm not the only one who's doubtful. 
 
"So... you want me to cancel everything?" I asked, not really wanting my question myself. I just felt the need to ask. 
 
"W-what? Of course not!" He looked at me with horror and held my hands tight. 
 
"Good.I'm not doing it anyways" I smiled. 
 
"But... everything will change right? What if we fight and I will be my stubborn self and not understand you? What if you leave me then?" I continued. 
 
There. I said it. These are the questions i'm dying to ask. I'm just afraid to. 
 
He cupped my face between his hands and looked at me with a sincere expression. 
 
"If that day will come and you'll be having a hard time understanding yourself, then I will. Choi Ri Young, 3 months from now, it will not be You and I anymore... It will be Us" he smiled so cutely before hugging me tightly. I smiled before hugging me back. 
 
"I love you" i whispered
 
"I love you more"
 
"I love you the most"
 
"I love you the most-est" he chuckled, still hugging me. 
 
That's the word that melted my fears away. 
 
------
 
HELLOOOO~
Comments and Upvotes are appreciated!! :")
Thank you!!