I'm Not Hungry, Unnie

Eat With Me?

Kim Seolhyun grimanced as she watched fellow member Shin Hyejeong’s cuts on an episode of The Romantic and Idol. She knew that her unnie was very much into skinship but she didn’t expect that she would immediately initiate it with men. The visual’s face flushed with jealousy as she watched Jun.K hold Hyejeong’s hand. Not being able to take it anymore, Seolhyun shut down her laptop angrily and laid down on her bed.

 

The door opened and Mina’s head peeked in. “Seolhyun-ah, dinner’s ready.” she said.

 

Seolhyun turned to face the wall and mumbled, “I’m not hungry, unnie”. She heard the door shut and turned back to look up the ceiling. Her eyes wandered over to the clock near the door, reading nine o’clock in the evening. Hyejeong was still not home, despite her schedule ending at eight o’clock. Letting a loud sigh, she decided to just sleep off her worries.

 

Her sleep remained uninterrupted for an hour and a half until someone entered the room and began shaking her body. “Seolhyun-ah! Pretty Seolhyun-ah! Wake up!” a voice called out in a sing-song tone. The former opened an eye blearily and let out a grunt.

 

“Seolhyunari! Wake up!” the voice insisted. Seolhyun slapped the person’s hands off and buried her face in her pillows. The stranger huffed at her stubbornness and began tickling the sleeping girl. Seolhyun sat up immediately and tried to fend off her attacker’s hands.

 

“I’m awake! I’m awake!” she shouted, holding the stranger by the shoulders. The tickling stopped and Seolhyun found herself facing a grinning Hyejeong. She felt her cheeks heat up their close proximity.\

 

“U-Unnie! You’re home!” she stammered out, gently pushing Hyejeong away from her.

 

The taller girl shrugged. “Of course I’m home. Where would I sleep?”

 

Seolhyun didn’t answer the seemingly rhetoric question and laid down again. Hyejeong muttered something between the lines of “aish this kid” to “lazy ” and pulled Seolhyun to sit upright.

 

“Choa-unnie left some dinner. Eat with me?” Hyejeong asked, her lips turning to a pout.

 

Seolhyun resisted a smile. “I’m not hungry, unnie.” She answered but her stomach growled loudly, betraying her.

 

Hyejeong raised a perfectly-shaped eyebrow. “Jimin-unnie left a note saying that they were going to a movie with the manager unnies.”

 

“So?”

 

“She also said that you still haven’t had dinner.”

 

Seolhyun puffed her cheeks in irritation. “Why don’t you just go and eat with Jun.K-sunbaenim?” she spat out. She instantly regretted her words and braced for the worst. Seolhyun pulled her blanket above her face and closed her eyes.

 

“Seolhyun-ah,” Hyejeong said, disbelief lacing her tone, “Are you jealous?”

 

Seolhyun’s eyes widened. “No! Why would I be jealous?!”

 

“ Because I get to be in a show! I can’t believe you, Kim Seolhyun!”

 

“I’m not jealous of you, unnie!” Seolhyun exclaimed, gripping her blanket tightly. She felt Hyejeong trying to pull her blanket away but she still held on.

 

“You missed me, didn’t you?” Hyejeong asked, smiling. She swiftly grabbed the blanket, revealing a wide-eyed Seolhyun.

 

“It’s true, isn’t it? Aww!” she cooed, poking the younger girl’s cheeks. The latter looked away, guilty.

 

Hyejeong stood up and placed her hands on her hips, looking at Seolhyun. “You should have said so if you missed me, Seolhyunnie~” she teased.

 

“Good night, unnie.” Seolhyun said, rolling her eyes and pulling her blanket over her head. Hyejeong grabbed the blanket and pulled her dongsaeng off the bed. Without words, she dragged the visual to the dining room. She sat Seolhyun down forcefully.

 

“You’re going to eat with me, whether you like it or not, Kim Seolhyun. It’s bad to miss a meal!” Hyejeong admonished gently as she sat beside Seolhyun.

 

“ I told you, unnie! I am not hu-“ Seolhyun’s words were cut off by a spoonful of rice stuffed inside . Her eyes met Hyejeong’s narrowed ones and she chewed the food dutifully. The older girl beamed happily and continued feeding Seolhyun like a child.

 

“You know, Seolhyunnie,” Hyejeong said, chewing her food thoughtfully, “you should have just told me you missed me rather than being so moody about it.”

 

Seolhyun dropped her spoon in surprise. She didn’t expect her Hyejeong to realize that her gloomy attitude lately was about her. “I was not being moody!” she denied.

 

“It’s okay to admit it, dongsaeng~” Hyejeong smirked and clicked her tongue. Seolhyun looked down, her cheeks reddening.

 

“I missed you too, pretty Seolhyun.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TA-DAH! How was it? I've been a bit rusty lately. Forgive me :)