The sweet.

BitterSWEET Melancholy

The next day, I woke up groggy and lazy. I didn’t want to wake up. Still I guilted myself in to getting up and going to class. I recalled what happened yesterday with Luhan and groaned.

 

Even though I technically got my feelings across, I don’t feel any better. I grabbed my backpack and headed on to campus.

 

I sat in the lecture hall and everything the professor said went in one ear and out the other. I may have guilted myself in to coming to class, but I couldn’t guilt myself in to actually working hard. During the class I texted Lay to meet me up at a café on campus. I needed to talk to someone today.

 

“Lay!” I called out to him. He was sitting at a table near the windows drinking his coffee. I smiled and pointed at the seat across from him.

 

“Jaemin, what is going on with you?” He questioned, his voice was very calm but serious.

 

“I sort of went off on Luhan yesterday.” I told him, hiding my face in my hands.

 

“Went off? Went off like how?” He questioned. I bit my lip before looking him in the eyes to answer him.

 

“I yelled at him because I told him I felt lonely and wanted to be loved like well a lover.” I summarized bluntly, considering the kind of person Lay was. His eyes widened noticeably.

 

“Are you serious! Did you confess? How did this happen?” He interrogated. I waved my hand at him motioning for him to slow down.

 

“Look one question at a time. I didn’t confess not even close. I kicked him out of my house. It sort of happened because Hanbyul from my composition class came and gave me a music box. I really don’t know why, but I’m becoming pretty good friends with him. Then Luhan went all psycho crazy asking questions about him and well one thing lead to another and here I am.” I spilled my guts quickly, losing my breath.

 

Lay merely sat there and stared at me in utter shock.  

 

“You know, I thought a day like this would happen but not so soon.” He commented.

 

“Yeah well… I feel bad, but what could I do?” I questioned. He shrugged and patted my shoulder.

 

“I understand you Jaemin. Now all you can do is live your life. Luhan may understand.” He commented. I shrugged and drank my hot chocolate.

 

I didn’t want to imagine my life with out Luhan, but it seemed that was the only option I had.

 

[A week later]

 

I spent time with Hanbyul composing and getting to know him. The more time I spent with him the more I realized he was just a huge goof ball. He reminded me of Luhan at times. I couldn’t help but miss him. Still, I acted like I didn’t know him and we hadn’t spoken to each other since that day.

 

“Hey, Jaemin let me sing the chorus of my project for you.” Hanbyul begged as we sat at a table right by the building where are class was at.

 

“Yah, it’s not class time yet. Just relax will ya?” I urged. He pouted at me.

 

“I’m starting to think that you’re trying to get me to relax so you can get the best grade in the class, again!” He teased. I rolled my eyes and shoved him.

 

“Please, I don’t need to trick you to get the best grade in the class. I would get it anyways.” I boasted, playfully. We laughed it off and I turned to look at my music scores.

 

“I’m almost positive that Chopin would have made me his protégé.” I joked, finding my new song much better than the rest I’ve written this semester.

 

“Not to bring you out of the clouds or anything, but Luhan is coming over here.” Hanbyul informed me. My eyes widened and I had the sudden urge to hide. Hanbyul knew that we hadn’t talked in a while and I told him my feelings for Luhan. For the most part, Hanbyul has been my guardian angel through all of this considering Lay went to China to see his family.

 

“Jaemin…I need to talk to you.” Luhan stated, dully. He didn’t acknowledge Hanbyul or even greeted either one of us.

 

“I uhh… can’t this wait? I have class soon.” I questioned, trying to find some way out of this conversation.

 

“No…I need to do this.” He insisted. I looked at Hanbyul and he shot me a worried glance.

 

“I’ll give you guys some time, but I will be waiting for so we can go to class together.” He told me. I nodded and watched him go in to the building. Luhan quickly took a seat in front of me.

 

“So… I am an idiot jerk.” He started. I looked at him curiousity.

 

“Okay… so you needed to tell me you were an idiot jerk?” I questioned, feeling a confused.

 

“Yes, but not only that. I want to apologize. You were my friend and you did everything so that I was happy and you’re right… I never tried to walk a mile in your shoes. I’m sorry for that.” He explained. I didn’t really know what to say. Still, I felt a little better knowing that we could be on good terms again.

 

“Well… okay. Umm apology accepted.” I replied, calming down my heart beat. I really didn’t know what to tell him. “So… I think I’m going to head to class.” I told him, starting to stand up.

 

“WAIT!” he called reaching out to stop me. I was shocked by his outburst but I sat down either ways. “I have something else to say…”

 

He looked down at his hands and sighed heavily.

 

“I really don’t know how to say this. I guess… how could you get me together with Jaekyung?” He accused me. I looked at him oddly.

 

“Umm… you liked her didn’t you?” I questioned. He looked up at me and laughed.

 

“Yeah, but you didn’t…” He replied. I looked at him oddly. What did he mean? I didn’t hate Jaekyung. She was nice to me. I had no reason to dislike her.

 

“What are you talking about? I didn’t dislike her.” I stated. He shook his head and sighed.

 

“Answer this. Do you love me?” He questioned. My heartbeat almost stopped. What was he insinuating? Did he know?

 

Just play it off Jaemin… yeah!

 

“Of course, we are friends.” I replied matter-of-factly. He immediately started laughing. I could feel physical strain from this conversation.

 

“That’s not what I mean Jaemin! Just… tell me you love me, so I can kiss you.” He boldly told me. His doe eyes stared at me while a smile decorated his face.

 

“W-what are you…I-I..a-are you o-okay?” I replied.

 

“You know… while we were apart I started thinking. You did deserve to be loved, but I couldn’t think of any guy I wanted to see you with either than... well… me. Then I realized it! I liked Jaekyung, but I loved you. So, I broke up with Jaekyung. She was very understanding. You were still mad at me though. You were hanging out with Hanbyul so much it was eating away with me. So… I had to do this. Now, Jaemin, do you love me?” He questioned.

 

My eyes were wide and my body was paralyzed. Was this real? Or was I dreaming this?

 

“H-how… ugh.. Luhan, I… geez.” I muttered, looking down at my hands, not being able to formulate a sentence. I heard him laugh again.

 

“Yknow what… don’t tell me. I know you do. So when you get out of class lets get some boba tea.” He suggested. I stood up and started to leave, but I got curious.

 

“Who told you? What gave it away?” I questioned him.

 

“Well Lay and Hanbyul. Hanbyul threatened me… he told me that if I didn’t care he would go for it. I couldn’t have that happen could I?” He questioned, looking at me with a twinkle in his eyes. The sun was giving him an angelic glow.

 

Those dorks.

 

Then, I started walking away. Once again, I couldn’t help my self.

 

“Hannie!” I yelled at him. He quickly turned to look at me, grinning at me widely. “I love you.”

 

He blew a kiss at me. I felt the heat rising in my cheeks but ran to class with my heart feeling as light as a cloud.

 

What a day…


So that is the end my friends... ^^ I hope whoever read this enjoyed it. I have lost a significant number of readers compared to my other works. I imagine my haitus doesn't help me any but still.. I miss reading comments ^^:. On another note I went to the Vixx showcase in dallas... oh my dear lordy. best. night. of. my. life. <3, Vixx is amazing! ^^; anyways thanks for reading! ppyong!~