✿ one

To The Beautiful You

[JANGMI'S(YOU) POV]

 I sighed as my eyes slowly opened, feeling the coldness embrace my body even though I had a blanket with flowers imprinted on it around
me. I turned my head to the right side to 
 glance at the clock. It was 6:30, and absolutely too cold to get my body out of this comfortablebed. Since I was too lazy, I rolled off the bed, falling flat on my back. 


"I really should go get ready now." I thought, then headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth.



A frown was plastered on my face as I looked at the  trees. Fall was over, and winter intercepted earlier than I thought. 
There were no longer the bright leaves that fell onto the ground. No more stepping on those crunchy leaves like a little kid. 

 


I placed the light blue gloves over on my pale hands, and throw the white, coffee scented scarf around my neck. Although I was equipped with heavy clothing, I can feel the abrupt breeze as cars past by, with my hair dancing from the wind.  The chattering and chuckles can be heard from up ahead by friends that united together. As I pass by the school's gates, I can feel snowflakes engrave softly on my cheek.

"It's snowing on a school day. Hopefully we'll be dismissed early," I thought as my lips turned upward.

I took off my right glove, held my hand out, and patiently waited for a snowflake to land on my hand. 
As one successfully lands on my hand and then melts in just a second, the smile I had turns into a straight, firm line. "This shows how easy it is to lose someone's trust." I balled my hand up and stared straight ahead of me, or should I say, the one that got away.

Call me horrible, but I wanted him to suffer. It's not fair when I had to suffer, even though I was the innocent one. However, that wouldn't
make me any better than he was. I heard friendly greetings that shot towards me, but I couldn't focus on it.

My ears and eyes were focused on him, the one grinning like he was the happiest man on Earth. My feet strode towards the stairs, making him give a small stare at me.  Before passing him, I tugged his collar, pulling him closer to me. I gave a crooked smile, then tiptoed to his ear to whisper something,
"."
However, I was not pleased at his reaction. I'd hope for him to be surprised, since I rarely swore, but he gave a low chuckle before bending to my height and leaning closer to my ear. 

"It's funny how I'm still on your mind. The sad part of it is that your not on my mind." 

I held my breath in, while shutting my eyes. I was so close to raging at him, but I held it in. I didn't want to walk away because he would've
think he won, but I did anyway. He scoffed when I retreated.


I walked to class rather slowly than usual. I didn't feel like being in school today. All of my friends had classes with each other but me? None, not even one.
Did I know the people in my class? Of course, but they were just classmates, not friends. I paused and remembered that there was a room 
that was restricted for students to enter. Maybe I could hide there, but I was unsure if I should go or not.

What if the room was haunted? I shook my head and my feet lead me towards the abandoned room. My mind was debating if I should go in
or not. Slowly, I placed my hand on the doornob, and twisted it. 
I took a small peep before opening the door fully and saw a figure. I blinked rapidly, and nervously stood in place. What should I do? It was definitely a student. 
However, the problem was if I should go in there or not. He was sleeping peacefully, and I didn't want to disturb it. Since I didn't want to get
caught standing out here, I decided to go inside. My eyes wondered around the room.
It was quite small, and had a blue wallpaper, with clouds tinted on it. There was one window that had white curtains on it. The window was
slightly open, while the breeze made the curtains flow. My eyes led down to the student, who was right next to the window.

His arms were folded together on the white table. His hair was blonde, and the tiny strands of his hair were swaying because of the breeze.
I was surprised; the only objects in here was the window, the table, chairs, and us. There was no door, no cabinets, no shelves, or any of that sort.

So why was this room abandoned anyway? The question wondered in my head, and curiosity was killing me. I shook the question away
and pressed my back against the wall, and then sunk to the ground. I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep, but it didn't work.
I sighed, and took out my phone to check the time. In just 20 more minutes, it'll be lunch. It started to feel chilly in this room so I stood
up and went to shut the window. I had to hover over the guy's body to reach the window, and I prayed that he wouldn't wake up.

I closed it as quietly as I could. Thankfully, he didn't wake up at all. I wasn't trying to be a creep, but I was curious about who he was, so I
stared at him. He looked handsome, and the type to be pretty popular.

However, I couldn't figure out who he was. Maybe it's because I couldn't see his eyes, or maybe because he wasn't in my grade. I backed away, checking the time on my phone again. It was almost time for lunch, but I headed down there anway so I can eat earlier.


"Jangmi!" I turned to see Jessica, one of my best friends, running my way to embrace me into a hug. 

"Hey," I slapped her arm in a playful way. "You're killing me."

She laughed for a bit, then let go. "Sorry, I just missed you a lot. How's your classes? Made any new friends?"

My heart dropped as I shook my head and stared at her expression. She showed me an apologic look. I forced a grin at her and went through
the line to get food. 


While eating my food, I thought of the guy in that room. Lunch was going to be over in a few minutes. Should I get him a snack? 

"What's wrong?" Jessica asked, flashing a concerned look on her face.

"Nothing. I'm leaving earlier, sorry Jessica." I gave her a quick hug and head to the snack line.  I asked the lady for 2 cookies, and 2 bags of
chips. I placed it into a brown paper bag, along with kimbap I haven't ate yet. I hurriedly headed down to a vending machine to get him a random drink, then went to the abandoned room.

Surprisingly, he was still sleeping. I'm guessing he hadn't had enough sleep last night or some sort. I took out a sharpie, writing on the paper
bag and then placed it right next to him. 


"You guys will be split into different classrooms, since the teacher is absent and did not assign a substitute," Mr. Jaesuk called out. "Please listen for your name and head to the class once you've been told where to be headed."

I fiddled with my fingers as I heard my name and a few others be called. 

"Go to Mrs. Myeong's classroom."

I frowned, knowing that none of my friends are in that class. It's a class full of delinquents. Meaning Kris is probably there. I lazily walked to the classroom, heading inside there last.

Kris was smiling and laughing brightly with his friends, who I don't know, and care about. He then tilted his head and smirked at me. 

"Look who we have here." 

I ignored him, and continued scanning the class to find a seat. He noticed that there were no seats, and his smiled became crooked. 

He placed his hands on his chin while giving me an amused look. "There's a seat available, you know." 

I didn't want to talk to him, but I was desperate to find a seat.

"Where?" I replied

He used his index finger and pointed to his lap. "My lap is an available seat, baby."

My eye twitched and just decided to sit on the floor in the way back, ignoring his calls towards me.


[SEHUN's POV]

I yawned and stretched my eyes and legs out as I finally awoken. I checked the time, seeing that I missed my first class and lunch. I raised an eyebrow as I stared at the bag of food, and the window. First of all, the window was slightly open, but now it was closed.

Then there was the brown bag with cookies, chips, kimbap and a coca cola can. I noticed that the handwriting on the bag was pretty girly, so it had to be a girl who wrote this.

"I happened to be here when you were sleeping. Sorry. You looked like you slept fairly fine so I didn't wake you up. I did, however, get you
some food because you're probably going to miss out on lunch."


I was disappointed because they didn't write who they were. I scratched the back of my neck. I wonder who was here. 

After finishing my lunch, I headed down to class. My 2nd class was almost finished, but I decided to come anyway. As I opened the door, the
class became silent. The teacher just stared at me, and continued her lesson.

I noticed that there was some people from different classes, so all the seats were taken. I spotted a girl sitting on the ground, supposedly drawing in her notebook. I decided to sit on the ground too, but on the opposite side. She stared at me, her eyes a bit wide.

Whatever. She's probably scared of me too. 

I leaned my head back onto the wall and shutted my eyes, waiting for this class to end. 


[JANGMI's POV]

There he is. The guy that was sleeping in that room. It had to be him. My eyes widened as I saw him walk over here.
Why was everyone silent though? Most people tried not to stare at him, feeling pertubed at his pressence.  I was now suddenly so interested
in him. 


School was finally over, and I looked all over for the guy. I pushed through tons of people, until someone grabbed me by the arm. 

"What do you want?" I growled, trying to push Kris' grip on me. 

"Were you looking for me?" He winked, pulling me closer.

"Yeah, in your dreams." I pinched his sides, knowing that was his weakness.

I ran off and searched for him. 

"Please, tell me he's still here." I whispered.

I blinked rapidly as I saw him walking off. Everyone else was just waiting for him to be gone so they can go home.

"Hey!" I yelled. Others stared at me oddly. I didn't care at all though.

The guy turned around, staring at me with a puzzled look. He then pointed his finger at himself, while mouthing, 'Me?'

I froze. The aura he gave off was weird. It was somehow undescribeable, but I think people were afraid of his aura. The way his eyes sharply
looked at me, it looked as if he had no soul. 

He sighed, and turned back to continue walking. I facepalmed myself, feeling so stupid for just freezing like that. I jogged to where he was and stood in front of him. 

"Did you.. sleep good?" 

He paused, and then his mouth formed into an O. "You were the one that gave me the lunch, right?"

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and nodded. "You.. slept for awhile. I'm sorry for going in there though. I didn't think anyone
would be there. I just.. wanted to escape from reality, you know?"

He nodded, placing his hands in his pocket. "Yeah, I know what you mean."

We stood there silent, until he looked at me and bowed. "Thank you for the food."

"It was nothing," I chuckled. "I.. I guess I'll go now. Goodbye." I waved, and headed off.

"Wait!" He exclaimed. 

I turned around but the sudden outburst of wind blew my hair in my face. I could hear his laugh, and it was surely contagious. I started
to laugh along with him, then I pushed my hair back. 

"What's your name? If that's alright to know." 

"Kim Jangmi at your service, sir!" I saluted playfully. 

"Oh Sehun." He smiled.

I gulped, feeling my cheeks warm up.

He was so beautiful. 

"Will you be there?" He questioned.

"Where?" 

"The room. I'll be awake this time if you want." 

He adjusted his scarf, and ran his fingers through his hair.

"You should get going now, it's getting too cold. See you tomorrow hopefully."

I nodded and watched him walk off until I couldn't see him anymore.

"Oh..Sehun." I whispered, feeling happiness overwhelm me.

 

 

author's note 
hi. how was turkey day for you guys? (aka thanksgiving) rip to all
of those turkeys, lol. 

thanks for everyone that's subscribed! please leave a comment, even if it's short.
it keeps me motivated. see you guys later~