≫ F o u r

L.O.V.E

 

 
___
Four
 ̄ ̄ ̄
 
 
 
"Dads gonna be fuming." I whispered to Mi-Ri. "I've only been back six weeks and I'm already leaving again!"
 
"Seriously, HaeMi, don't worry about it." She sighed. "Dad will get over it. This is your dream, you've basically been handed Idol status on a silver platter! One day signed with TS and they've already our you on a group that's recording their first album and debuting! This time next year, you're gonna be famous!  
 
I laughed and zipped up the last of my three cases, the very same I'd just finished unpacking since I'd arrived home from the SM dorms, six weeks ago.
 
"Need help with those?" We both looked up startled towards my bedroom door to see our mother, stood watching me. 
 
I swallowed.
 
"I swear I was going to tell you." I assured her, fidgeting. "I just, I don't know how to tell dad and I'm so sorry-"
 
She suddenly rushed in and pulled me into a hug.
 
"Don't you go apologising, Eun HaeMi, you hear me?" She warned. "You going ahead and fulfilling your dream is all a mother can ask for. I know you're not happy working here, and I know if you stayed and didn't give your dreams another go you'd be miserable and resentful. I'll speak to your father. You go and do what makes you happy." 
 
I hugged her back tightly.
 
"Thanks mum." I whispered.
 
"Mi-Ri, please go order your sister a taxi." She asked my little sister, who ran our with a happy skip. "I'll help you finish your packing. Is there anything else you want to take?"
 
I looked around my room, which was still decorated as it had been when I was fourteen. It didn't feel like mine at all.
 
"I think this is it." I told her, gesturing towards my three cases, two filled with clothes and the other with shoes, notepads and my laptop.
 
"Here." She whispered, slipping me a shiny gold card. I stared down at it, stunned.
 
"Mum, I can't-"
 
"Hush now." She interrupted playfully. "It's for emergencies, and to get yourself some decent clothes. You're gonna be pictured more, so get yourself something worthy of being pictured in, eh? And some gym gear you've been asking for, treat yourself, but don't push my trust, please." She pleaded. "Treat yourself, by all means, but don't make it a habit. It's for emergencies." 
 
I gave a small smile..
 
"You know me, mum. I wouldn't ever do that."
 
"I know." She laughed. "I just like to lecture you, sometimes. You're far too good." I rolled my eyes.
 
"Other parents would beg for a daughter like me." I teased.
 
She patted my hand gently.
 
"I know how lucky I am." She assured me gently. "I'm gonna miss you, Eun HaeMi. You make sure you ring us more frequently this time, eh? Maybe face call us more?" 
 
I agreed, and she helped me carry the cases through the outside door and down the metal steps which lead to the back of the restaurant. As we headed around the front, Mi-Ri was stood leaning into a taxi and as we approached, then gestured towards us. The driver got out and popped his boot. 
 
As he loaded the cases in the back, I gave both Mi-Ri and Mother big hugs. 
 
"Email me lots, okay?" Mi-Ri grinned. "Also, when you make an official twitter follow me and get your group mates to follow me, too, and if you can, get your group mates together, take a pic and ask everyone to sign it, I want something one of a kind!"
 
I laughed, thinking of Ohari and her attitude towards me.
 
"I'll certainly try." I promised, though couldn't really see Ohari wanting to help me. 
 
I cast a glance towards the restaurant, where through the glass I could see father bringing food out from the kitchens. Mother saw where I was looking and patted my shoulder.
 
"Once you're settled, lets all go for lunch, eh? You can explain things properly in person. In the meantime, well, we'll persuade him, won't we, Mi-Ri?"
 
My sister nodded and beamed.
 
"Of course! Now get going, you don't want to keep your new group mates waiting." I waved to them both and climbed into the back of the taxi, my huge gym bag in the backseats with me. 
 
As we drove through the traffic of Seoul, I couldn't help the small smile tilting the corners of my lips.
 
No more waitressing - anything, even being in a group with the miserable Oh Hari was better than that! 
 
 
**********************************
 
 
"Right, that's the last of it." Manager Kim puffed, dropping my the last of my suitcases in the small dorm room. 
 
It consisted of a bunk bed, a small desk which was acting as a vanity table with a mirror propped up on it and two sets of wardrobes. Min Ae was sprawled on the top bunk watching us move in whilst typing on her laptop after having been assured we didn't need her help. I was to unpack my cases and Manager Kim said he would take them to storage at TS, since the apartment had no room for them. 
 
"Thanks for you help." I told him sincerely, opening the first case and taking out my toiletries and placing them on my bed.
 
"Can that wait, Eun HaeMi? I need to have a word withyou all before I leave about tomorrow schedule." 
 
"Sure." I glanced at Min Ae to see if she had any idea what was going on, but she seemed just as curious as me.
 
We stepped into the small living space which consisted of a small living room with just one three seated sofa and an oversized beanbag with a kitchen just off the living space attached with just a counter separating the two rooms on which four stools were pushed against it at the living room side. A small hall ran off which lead to our two bedrooms and a joint bathroom. Oh Hari and Lae Ri were already sat down with Lae Ri on the bean bag. I waited to see if Manager Kim wanted to sit but he motioned us to the couch. Min Ae placed herself next to Oh Hari in the middle and I squished in at the end.
 
We all sat and waited whilst Manager Kim took out a journal from his briefcase and began to flip through it.
 
"Whilst you were practicing together, both myself and Executive Choi discussed your debut and scheduling and he's finally began to put things in motion. Tomorrow a car will arrive to pick you girls up at 7am and will take you to your new stylist. She will create your concept, since you will then begin work on your individual project teasers."
 
"We're doing separate projects?" Min Ae frowned. "I thought our teasers would be for our first song?" 
 
"We're going with something a little bit different with you girls after the positive feedback we got from Yong Guk and Zelo's projects. Min Ae, Lae Ri and Eun HaeRi will debut with a solo song each that will be in your debut album on an extras disk, whilst Oh Hari you have been given the honor of doing the rap portion of Ivy's new single. You will perform with her on the live Music Bank stages."
 
"Seriously?" 
 
"Oh my gosh I can't believe it - a solo track!"
 
"Will we get to perform on Music bank too?" 
 
The questions were flying out from them all at once whilst I sat and stared at Manager Kim, stunned beyond words. My own solo song, which will be featured on a solo track disk with Lae Ri and Min Ae. It was more than I could ever have hoped for my debut and it was taking everything in me not to grab Manager Kim by the collar and drag him in for a hug. The other girls had no such constraint, especially Lae Ri who was hanging off him and crying with happiness. 
 
"I'm not finished girls!" He chuckled, pulling Lae Ri off him towards Oh Hari. 
 
"There's more?" Min Ae asked with excitement and he nodded.
 
"Not only is Oh Hari working with Ivy, but you Min Ae will be collaborating with Jay Park-" his voice was cut off by a gasp from all three of them, causing him to smirk. "- and you, Eun HaeMi, will be working with Yong Guk." 
 
"No!" Lae Ri cried pouting on Oh Hari's lap. "I wanted to work with Yong Guk Oppa!" 
 
"You have something better, Lae Ri honey." He assured her. "We've arranged for you to do a CF with HimChan for Kool Kidz School Supplies!" 
 
"Oh!" She smiled happily. "I like HimChannie Oppa." Evidently, she was satisfied with this, though I couldn't help feeling a little smug.
 
Yong Guk was an amazing rapper and I would make a solo track with him! It was beyond breathtaking. Our debut album would, quite literally, be amazing. 
 
"You're the best, Manager Kim." Min Ae told him, and everyone nodded with agreement. 
 
"I told you I'd give you the best debut in the history of TS. We predict great things from you girls." 
 
I couldn't be happier being told that.
 
Finally. Our chance had come and I intended to work my very best to make our debut everything he - and I - hoped it will be. 
 
 
 
 
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
 
 
_________
AUTHORS NOTE:
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
 
Obviously the videos I have of them for their solo debuts won't be the girls in the pictures, but I hope you will all use your imagination and see the girls as the idols haha :-)