This is the Reason Why I Love You.

"The Reason I love you..." A Kris Birthday one-shot

        "You're so beautiful... but that's not why I love you... I'm not sure you know... that the reason I love you is you..."

                                                                   - Avril Lavigne "I Love You".

                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  Wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes, you sniffed and continued to stare at the gossip news on the internet. It had said that her ex-boyfriend, Wu Yi Fan, had gotten himself into a scandal with a Chinese actress, just a couple days before his 23rd birthday. Wu Yi Fan, or better known as, "Kris" had debuted with a now-infamous group name "EXO" in 2012. At that time, he was still dating you and they were still the happy couple everyone knew. But after a while... Kris noticed that he wasn't going to be there all the time for his love. He knew that she was going to suffer without him and he wouldn't be there to be by her side. Kris had no other choice and she knew... it was going to happen eventually.

 Kris spoke to her over the phone, to his dismay, and told her she was better off with someone who was able to be with her... be there to comfort her... be there to kiss her at night... sing her to sleep... and make her smile every day... and someone who wasn't him. Their relationship snapped that evening and ever since then... you couldn't get her mind off of him.

 He was the only one for her. He was her true love... He was the one she wanted to spend her life with. She didn't care that he was away for so long and so often... she just wanted to know that he still loved her. It was obvious that he did when he was calling it off over the phone... but there was no going back. It was either her getting hurt if the relationship continued... or him from not being able to be a better boyfriend to her.

 "How can they do this...?" you whispered as she gazed at his picture in the news. "... You couldn't have done this... I know you wouldn't have... I believe it's not you... Yet... why does my heart still ache...?"

 It was what she thought. She believed the gossip was just bull... but gossip wasn't just there to create attention. It was there to cause havoc among the fans and non-fans, then destruction against the ones affected. Whether it was true or not, with even little proof, not much can be proven unless viewers were there to witness it. But since there were either no witnesses or barely any, people will still have their beliefs of it... and it may or may not change.

  you finally exited from the website and got off the couch to the restroom. She stared at herself in the mirror and the puffiness under her eyes and redness showed... her insecurities. They showed and she started judging herself, even with nobody around.

  "Why is my skin not pretty like other girls...?"

 Here... Kris would say...

 "Babe... you're skin is beautiful. Why're you judging yourself? Come on. Every girl on this planet doesn't have the same skin as others. Your skin is unique... so whether people tell you your skin is like others... just know that everyone here is their own person."

"I wish I had big/small eyes like her... mine are so...ugh."

 Kris would say...

 "So what if you're eyes are so 'ugh'? To me they aren't 'ugh'... To me... they're the most beautiful things I've seen in my life. If I ever want to find bright, beautiful stars in the night sky, all I have to do it think of you and I'll find my bright, beautiful stars. Trust me, love. You're eyes are wonderful the way they are... Afterall, I DID fall for them... and you. So if there should be someone complaining... it should be me since I have to see them everyday and every second of my life... but... I'm not complaining. I love seeing them everyday and every second."

 "Why did you fall for a girl like me...? I'm... I'm normal..."

  And finally... Kris would say...

  "Are you kidding me? I'm not into jokes right now. WHY did I fall for you? ... Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately and once given yourself at least a decent compliment? Why're you putting yourself in the dumps, babe? I fell for you, because to me, you are the most beautiful girl on earth... others might not agree, but their opinions shouldn't matter, because they're not the ones who already chosen their soulmate for life. I love you. you I love you and you should know it. You may think you're normal... but whose judging? The only person here to see your insecurities is me. And trust me, babe, those insecurities will be way in the past once you're stuck with me. You know what? ... Besides saying that my drawings are the best... I can fly... I'm an amazing singer... and I can drop it low on the dance floor... another saying I am definitely sure in is... I have to be the luckiest guy in the world to have met you anf fell for you." 

   More tears rolled down you's cheeks as she remembered those words the man of her life told her.

  She eventually washed those droplets away and made her way to her room where all her memories of Kris were.

 There was a collage of photos on her wall that made a big heart that resymboled her past with him. She touched every single photo and felt the emotions she felt when she was there with him. Her eyes closed and every memory stung like a prick to her heart. The more she it all in... the more her love for him grew. The more she missed him... the more she couldn't stand it.

 It all came down to one spot in the middle. Her eyes opened and she felt her heart break.

 There was an empty spot in the heart... There was supposed to be a photo there... with her and Kris... but suddenly it wasn't...

 She remembered having her balcony door opened one night and gasped when she realized it might've flown out of the room. 

  you quickly unlocked the balcony door and hurried out in search for the missing piece of her heart. Under every decor, under every item she had on the balcony, she searched under every single little detail just for that last piece. When she finally realized it was gone... forever... she fell to her knees and cried even more. 

 "I can't let you go... Please come back....Kris..." she sobbed and cluched her hands to her aching heart. "I can't forget you..."

 "Then don't."

  you froze and her eyes widened when she heard the one voice... she thought she wold never hear again. Slowly... just slowly... she turned around. Just that small movement became the thing that got her closer to her long-lost happiness.

 Standing right behind her was an amazingly... handsome young man. His eyes shined brightly of joy and new tears as his smile became the most heart-warming smile of all time. He held out his hand to her and chuckled slightly.

 More tears rolled down her cheeks... but this time... not of sadness.

 She couldn't believe her eyes... She didn't know what to believe anymore...

  The young man saw how unmmoving she had become and spoke.

 "Hey beautiful... isn't this the part where the amazing maiden takes the prince-charming's hand?" he chuckled.

 "...I-I...thought... you'd never...come back..." she took a deep breath and felt her whole body tremble in weakness.

 "I thought so too... but I just can't forget the one who stole my heart... I just can't forget you you ... No matter how hard I try... it always comes back to you."

 "Oh god..." She shook her head, tears welling up even more. "I missed you so much, Kris!"

 Instead of taking his hand, she flew right into his loving arms and his arms wrapped around her like a perfect sactuary. He buried his face in the crook of her neck, holding in his own tears as he finally... got to hold the love of his life again.

 "I made a big mistake of thinking I could just walk away from you...I'm so sorry, babe..." he whispered.

 "Don't...l-leave me anymore..." she said and took in all she's missed for that one year of him. 

 "That's a guaranteed promise..."

 "But... how..." you pulled away slightly to see his face. "How did you... get here?"

 "First off, babe... why didn't you lock your front door? ... Again? Even with me gone for so long... you still forget? And second of all... the guys finally figured out what's been hurting me and convinced me to come back..."

 She blushed slightly at her forgetfulness and Kris just sighed.

 "What am I going to do without you?" he chuckled.

 "What am I going to do without you? she smiled and snuggled against him.

 "Let's see... without me... you could've been robbed.... kidnapped... hurt... I mean, there's so many things that could've happ-"

 "You're ruining it..." she sighed and in the end both of them laughed.

 "Now... care to explain to me why the missing part of our heart was on the ground?" Kris pulled away and pulled something from his pocket. you's eyes widened when she saw the last piece of the heart in his hand.

 "I was looking everywhere for that!"

 "Explains the mess," Kris looked around at everything just everywhere. "-so... let's put this back in it's right place, shall we?"

 She nodded and both of them walked back into their room with the heart collage on the wall. Kris pulled the drawer from the study desk and pulled out a thumbnail then putting the photo back to where it belongd. Both of them stepped back and admired the collage that held their whole entire past and memories. Kris took her hand and she looked up him, confused.

 "I think you owe me a year's worth of something," he chuckled.

 "..." She frowned.

 "Excuse me?" she shook her head. "I think I should be saying that!"

 "Well either way... I'm still getting it....right?" his brow arched.

 She blinked and just shrugged.

 "I don't know. Are you?" she tilted her head.

 "Very funny."  

 "Aren't I?" she laughed.

 Kris rolled his eyes at her behavior and smirked.

 "Well then I hope you don't mind me then."

 "Mind wha-"

 The second she spoke those one word and a half... his lips found their way to hers. 

 It wasn't just fluff... It wasn't lust or heat...

 It was longing and held-in passion.

 For a whole year... they manaed to find their way back to one another.  

 "So..."

  you snuggled on the couch with the love of her life. 

 "Hm?" he smiled as he played with her hair.

 "...That scandal on the internet about you isn't true right?"

  Kris froze.

 "You...saw?"

 "Mhmm..."

 "What do you think?"

 "I think it's... not true of course!" she frowned. "...W-Why...?"

 Kris just smiled.

 "Kris...?"

 "... I'm glad I have you..." he kissed her forehead, making her blush.

 "W-What...?"

 "It's not true... any of it. You know that I have you...forever..."

 "But now that I think about it... she's so much prettier than me..."

 Kris's brow arched.

 "...Are we going to have to go through this again?"

 "Maybe..." she smiled, wanting to be told how much he loved her and why he did.

 He sighed and kissed her lips.

 "You silly girl..."

 "I love you, Kris..."

 "And I love you, you," he smiled.

 

 End.

 

 Author's Note:

  Finished! :) I hope everyone liked it and I hope Kris had a wonderful birthday. I kind of left some messages in this story and I don't know if you guys picked up on it, but here they are anyways. Tell them Duizhang.

 Kris: -sigh- Always me.

 Me: ... -sigh- Always you indeed.

 Kris: Alright. Reader... you yes you. You are Beautiful. I challenge you to forget about your insecurities for a whole week and just believe you're beautiful and if you already think you're beautiful, help others think they're beautiful, even if it's guys. Hey. Guys just wanna feel good about themselves.

 Me: As if they already weren't. -stare-

 Kris: I'd like to see you do the challenge yourself, Tears.

 Me: Bring it, Duizhang.

 Kris: It's my birthday. You really wanna bring it?

 Me: I don't mind, birthday boy.

  Kris: -glare- Whatever. you and I are gonna leave now. See ya.

 Me: Wait. She's my reader.

 Kris: Not anymore she isn't.

 Me: You... Hey! Give her back!

 Kris:... Yeah right. -hugs you- She's mine.

 Me: -tackle- Nobody lays hands- wait did I just say Lays?"

 Kris: ... Speaking of that unicorn... where is he?"

 Me: ... Did you leave him?

 Kris: No-

 Me: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LEFT UMMA, APPA!

 Kris: WTF?! Since when was I your Appa?!

 Me: Whateves~ Appa Duizhang. Wo ai ni~<3

 Kris: ... ... ...

Kris: You can't use my Gif like that.

Me: Watch me.

Kris: Heh. I am Awesome.

Me: I'm Awesomer.

Kris: That's not a word.

Me: I say it is.

Me:... Kris... your shirt is sliding off.

Kris: ... I know...

Me: ... Fix it.

Kris: ... I can't. Ladies love me.

Me: ... You're gonna kill them...

Kris: Dammit, Lay...

Me: ... ... ... ... WAHAHAHAHAHAAHH. I love Lay. He's so awesome.

Kris: ... It's my birthday... really.

Me: ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Moving on.

Kris: ... -sulk-

Me: So handsome...

Kris: I know I am.

Me: I meant Kai and Chanyeol...

Kris: ... ... ... Are you kidding me?

Me: ... Chanyeol's face... ... ..

Kris: Can you not see that y beast in the front?

Me: ... what're you talking about?

Kris: I give up. I'm leaving. You're rude and mean and-

Me: Hold on now. Duizhang. One more.

Kris: Forget it-

Kris: ... Wha-

Kris: ...

Me: I don't own any of them. I found them. And our Duizhang deserves this present.

Kris: ... -tearing up-

Me: Are you-

Lay: I just saw tears in his eyes!

Me: Lay!!

Kris: Dammit, Lay!! There are no tears!

Lay: ... Sure thing, Duizhang.

Me: -smile- I'm glad you like your present made by your wonderful fans! 

Kris: -nod- -speechless-

Me: Aww....

 

(As for the scandal you have known... I don't think it's true. There are many reasons and proofs out there but I can't really tell you guys what to believe. I don't know all the answers and the only people who knw would be the people who got involved themselves. But let's just put this behind us... Kris's birthday just past. Let's not give him anymore stress to deal with.)