Secret Night [VIXX Oneshot Collection]

Untitled

It's five in the morning and rainy but that doesn't seem to stop Wonsik from seating himself right there in the sand where the undertow just barely touches his toes. The sky was a gloomy color—gray. He had never been a fan of the color with his hair being the number one defender of the fact.

He's brought a book with him, one he never got around to finishing. There's a slight space at the top and he knows that that is where he most likely last stopped reading the book. He chuckles and stares at out at the ocean. He suddenly rememberes the constant scoldings he'd get from his librarian about how that "damages the book." Well, would be his response, books aren't there to just look pretty... and smack. A red handprint clear as day right there on his cheek. He was always quite the mouthy child.

But now, as he listens to the seagulls cry and the crashing of the waves, he has nothing else to say. It's beautiful, actually, although Wonsik was never the one to be fond of peace and quiet. Scanning over the book cover once more, he opens the book. He's not quite at the page where the top is folded but a few more flip of pages and he's there.

He has to catch his breath as he recognizes the picture he had taken years ago. It's a beach scene, much like this one, and on the back is the date in messy, rushed handwriting. October 16th, 2011—a Sunday. He lets out a deep sigh as he leans back onto his elbows. Remembering that day is abnormally easy. It's the day Wonsik had his first kiss; his name was Hongbin. With his dimpled smile and perfectly straight, brown hair, he had all the ladies at his feet but he chose Wonsik as the one to take his first kiss.

His lips were soft, he remembers, soft and much bigger than his but that didn't stop him from devouring them with unexperienced care. It was his last year of college and also the last he would see of Hongbin. He had left Korea the next morning, ending all romantic affairs with him right before his depature flight. If Wonsik had said he wasn't heartbroken, he'd deem himself a liar. Honestly, if it weren't for the book, he wouldn't have had an explanation for why his current situation seems so familiar.

The other sad part about the photo is that he hasn't kissed another soul since. Sure, he might have dated but never once has he kissed them despite how many relationships have failed because of the reason. My first kiss will never feel the same would be his reasoning and that would be partially true since he was an experienced dog in love back then and they were both two hormone controlled boys.

He sighs once more as he stands with the picture in hand and brushes off the sand from the back of his pants. About a month before the picture was taken, Wonsik had finally come to terms with the fact that he was in love with him. The way his heart ached at the sight of him or the way he'd turn into a little girl when he was the one to send him the messsage on KakaoTalk first. At the time, he would have called Hongbin's sudden leave unjust but now, as he looks the polaroid picture over with saddened eyes, he realizes something...

Those aches his heart felt and the butterfly feeling in his stomach are no longer there. They haven't been for the last year and a half. And as he lets the photo drop from his fingers, he doesn't mind that he doesn't love Hongbin anymore. As the waves take the picture and stain it with what should have been Wonsik's tears, he's okay with forgetting Hongbin. He's okay with saying "I don't love Lee Hongbin."


PromptHe opened the book to the folded pages and... (inspired by this)