Secret Night [VIXX Oneshot Collection]

First Snow

"It's snowing," Sanghyuk whispers, his breath fogging up the window. It's the first time he's ever seen snow and he seems to be so mesmerized by it; the way it floats down like a feather, moving this way and that before completely disintegrating at the mere touch of the ground. "It's so beautiful."

"You've never seen snow before?" Taekwoon questions him from the kitchen. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Sanghyuk shake his head. He's in the middle of making hot chocolate for two but is continuously distracted by the awe of the young man clinging to the window. Thankfully he is able to finish making the cups of hot chocolate and moves to set them down on the table before lighting a single match to start of the fireplace.

"Winter probably has to be my most favorite season out of all the seasons. Can we go play in the snow later, Taekwoon?" From behind him, Taekwoon rolls his eyes and focuses his attention back to the fireplace. Sanghyuk finally breaks his attention away from the window and goes to sit against the couch, watching the flames of the fire come to life and engulf the logs in its orange glory. Without looking at him, Taekwoon points to the hot chocolate he made for him and Sanghyuk happily takes the one on the left.

"Ow!" he exclaims, sticking out his tongue. "Why didn't you tell me it was hot?"

After moving the logs a few more times and rubbing off the wood dust from his hands, Taekwoon takes a seat next to the odd sounding Sanghyuk. "I didn't expect you to think freshly made hot chocolate was going to warm," he mutters, slinging an arm over him. They sit like that for a while, neither of them moving while Sanghyuk's tongue returns to normality.

"Can I get a blanket?" Sanghyuk asks, pushing aside his hot chocolate and settling into Taekwoon's embrace. Taekwoon lets out a soft laugh and repositions himself.

"Aren't I warm enough?"

"You're so cheesy sometimes," Sanghyuk mumbles and soon drifts off to sleep. With Sanghyuk still in his arms and the fire still going, Taekwoon decides to enjoy the out-of-a-movie moment and rests his head gently atop the one asleep in his possession. Soon, he also falls asleep, pretending the flames are a visual of how much Taekwoon loves him.


 PromptImagine your OTP cuddling by the fireplace.