Library Stalker

Library Stalker

Miyeon walked into the library holding three books in her arms. This is the fifth time she’d visited the library that week.

Entering the library, she greeted Seohyun, the librarian on duty that time and made her way towards her usual seat at the library table, which is located by the window. Her eyes started wandering for the particular boy.

There, sitting in his usual seat, holding a book and a cup of coffee on the coffee table is him. That’s guy that Miyeon practically here for. The guy that she’d been glancing every 3 minutes. The guy that caught her attention with everything he does.

 

The way he sips his coffee.

The way he flips the pages of the book.

The way he squints his eyes closer to the book when he reached the of the story.

The way he shifts uncomfortable as his back hurts for sitting too long.

 

Miyeon had been wondering.

 

Is he a bookworm?

Does he realize that I’ve been staring?

Is he comfortable that way?

Who is he?

 

But those questions remain unanswered as she’s were too shy and awkward to ask. Although Miyeon seen him quite sometimes now but he’s still a stranger to him. More like, she’s still a stranger to him.

Call Miyeon boy crazy, but she’d never been this obsessive before. Yes, Miyeon do check the guys out sometimes as they flirt with her but none of them caught her eyes yet. They’re just simple normal to her.

Unlike him.

Everything he does is just attractive and she couldn’t take her eyes of him. He did not even glance Miyeon.

 

Or did he?

 

Miyeon had been at the library for an hour and more already. It felt like her back broke into pieces went she stood up. Stretching her hands up, she wanted just fell asleep on the spot.

 

Why did I even bother to come to the library? It’s weekend tomorrow. Aishhh.

 

Miyeon gathered up the books and began walking out. But before that, she manage to catch a glimpse of her crush dozing off. She couldn’t help but chuckle at him sleepy face. The book was on his lap and his head leaning against the armrest.

At that moment, she just wanted to walk over to him and pinch his cheeks. But she realizes that she’s in no position to do it. Miyeon stopped in her track and sighed. On the way out, she exchange a few words with the Seohyun.

“Unnie, help me wake that guy there up. He’s dozing off.”

“Who? Oh, you mean Suho?”

“His name is Suho?”

“Yeah. He’s a regular visiter here. You don’t know him?”

Miyeon glanced at Suho who already fell asleep in his seat and smiled.

 

I finally know your name. Suho.

 

Unnie. I’ll go now. Remember to wake him up!

“Sure! Bye!”

She wave Seohyun goodbye before walking down the street, sky gazing.

 

Suho. Is he an angel or something?

He might be, uhm. 

 



 

“Hey unnie.”

“Oh hi Miyeon! Here again?”

Time passes pretty fast. It’s been a month since she’d started visiting the library frequently. It’s one of her daily routine now and sometimes, she question her own doing. And wonder about the consequence that she might face.

“Yes. Talk to you later.”

Miyeon smiled and made her way towards her seat but it was occupied by a bunch of students studying. Surprisingly, the library was completely packed today.

 

Woah. Is this the book season or something?

 

She thought and glanced around finding for any available seats around. But there’s only one seat left and it happens to be the seat beside Suho. She thought for awhile before turning your heels away. She wasn’t ready to talk to him yet. Who knows she might sound like a psycho when she talk to him. 

 

Guess I’ll be leaving then.

 

“Miss? There’s a seat here if you don’t mind.”

Miyeon stopped in your tracks and turned back wondering who called her. Her eyes wandered around for a second but the only one looking at her at the particular time is no other than Suho, her crush.

For that second, Miyeon felt her heartbeat stopped.

 

Is he talking to me?

 

“Me?”

She asked pointing at yourself like a fool. Suho chuckled and nods.

 

Gosh.  That smile.

 

“Yes, you.”

“Ohh. Uhm. Okay.”

Miyeon hesitated but at last, she slowly made her way closer to Suho. As she’s nearer to him, she felt like fainting at the exact moment. But, fainting in front of crushes is too cliché, and not to say, mainstream. Taking a deep breath, she sat down awkwardly and started ‘focusing’ on the book.

But, with the presence of Suho there, it will be a very hard task.

 

Did I sound like a fool just now?

Does he think I’m stupid?

 

Uh, I-

 

Omg, Miyeon! Say something! This is your chance! Say hi.

 

“I’ll get a new book.”

For what seems like forever, Miyeon stood up and quickly walk to the shelf of books and sighed.

 

Stupid stupid stupid.

 

After a good whole 2 minutes, she thought about getting a fiction book. Something realistic, something logical until she came across a book entitled ‘Stalking got me something in return’.

 

Huh? There’s a book like this?

 

She’d never seen this book before, plus the title caught her attention immediately. It’s weird for a book. Especially, in a library. It looks like it belongs to Asianfanfics.com.

Miyeon started flipping through the book.

 

It tells about a girl’s action in stalking a boy. She thought the boy is oblivious about her presence as he didn’t even bother to care. But secretly, he likes the girl back but it’s too late as the girl got into an accident and she died without telling him…

 

Mieyon almost felt like crying at that point. It’s so touching and it somehow made her think of the situation she’s in. There’re only two endings for her story now.

First, she’ll remain the stalker stranger that he’ll hate or two, he’ll love her back, which won’t probably be happening.

Miyeon reflected yourself on the actions she’s doing. It’s useless isn’t it?

 

This is just some stupid crush right? I don’t even know him much. Just him name.

 

She sighed and kept the story back in its original spot before leaving the library without even glancing at the guy who is still busy engross into his book he’s reading.

 

I'll meet you next time?





Kim Joonmyun, also known as Suho by friends visits the library everyday for books. He loves reading and singing. Every year, he’ll receive books and books only for his birthday. There isn’t much that interest him instead of books. Buying him a birthday gift is considered a headache for his friends.

At first, the purpose of visiting the library is just for books. But then, he realized that someone has been watching him. He finds it stalker-ish but cute. He thought her as one of his fangirls. Yes, being one of the popular guy along with his friends, who named their group EXO, they have fangirls in school. He even has the urge to wear shades in the library to avoid her.

But after asking his best friend, who happens to be a librarian there, he found out that you didn’t even know about him, being on idol. He decided to play along.

Suho doesn’t know her name nor who is she but without him knowing, he did glance at her every now and then. She’s pretty cute and looks quite adorable with those glasses that fit her face perfectly.

Call that a crush then. Despite she’s still a stranger to him. Just that day, Suho saw her entering the library again. It’s been a month since he sees her and he’s quite used to her presence. Without him knowing, he’d actually been waiting for her to show up every day and he would be happy when he saw her entering.

The library was packed that day and he saw her finding for a seat. He even caught a glimpse of her pouting.

 

Cute.

 

Suho saw her ready to leave the library defeated.

 

It’s now or never.

 

“Miss? There’s a seat here if you don’t mind.”

She turns around and when she met eyes with me, she pointed at herself confusedly.

“Me?”

“Yes. You.”

“Uhh, ehm, okay.”

Suho smiled at her and wanted to stare at her longer after she took the seat next to him.

 

She looks pretty cute.

 

Finding himself stalker-ish, he quickly act liked he’s focusing on his book.

 

Read your book, Suho. Stop staring. What are you doing? Urgh. God, say something!

 

“Uhhh.. I-”

“I’ll get a new book.”

She stood up and quickly walked to the back of the shelf.

 

What’s up with her?

 

Suho thought, putting his book on his lap and inverting his eyes to the direction she went.

 

Should I talk to her? Like introduce myself?

Uhm, no. I don’t even know her.

That’s the point! You idiot!

 

Just then Suho saw a figure running out of the library. It only took him 3 seconds to realize that it’s her. The girl that he saw every day. Suho looked as her figure slowly started disappearing. He looked at the seat where she sat just now and saw a book.

It must be hers.

Suho unknowingly smiled to himself at the thought of you.

 

What type of books does she read?

 

Still holding onto the book, Suho walked out of the library to meet his friends who are waiting for him at the café down town. For the whole day, Suho have been reading the book and slowly started liking that type of genre which happens to be mystery.

 


 

It has been a week since Miyeon last visited the library but who cares? No one. And not to say, she’d lost her favorite book the last time she visited the library. After coming back to search for it, she still couldn’t find it. Guess she lost it.

Suho has been continuously glancing over at the library door hoping for Miyeon to show up but disappointment filled him every day.

 

 Did something happen to her?

 

He sighed and tried to continue the book he was holding but his heart always wonders to her.

Miyeon hasn’t been to the library as she’s trying to forget the existent of Suho and yet she couldn’t forget him. She thought of him in class, at lunch and even in dance class. She just couldn’t focus on whatever she’s doing but him.

It has been very frustrating for her.

Today, she’d decided to visit the library for a reference book that would come in handy in her history project. Her heart would wonder off, thinking of finally able to meet him.

She entered the library secretly glance at his usual spot. Surprisingly, he’s not there today.

 

Where is he?

 

She thought as she walked to the counter with her wanted books in her arms. She searched for her library card in her purse without looking up at the librarian who grinned.

“Do you wish to borrow these books?”

“Ye-”

You finally looked up from your purse and were shocked to see him there. At the library counters.

“Miss? Are you borrowing these books?”

He asked again, smiling.

 

What is he doing here?

 

You thought as your nodded your head. No words were formed as you’re still shocked.

“Here you go miss.”

Suho said smiling like an idiot. He has finally gotten the chance to speak to you. His considered fangirl and also crush.

“T-th-thank you.”

Miyeon said nervously biting her lips.

“Hi. My name is Kim Joonmyun but you can call me Suho. I’m the new librarian here. Nice to meet you.”

Suho offered his hand out for a handshake. Miyeon gulped and smiled.

 

Of course I know you.

 

Taking his hand in hers, Miyeon finally got the courage to introduce herself.

 

 

 

“Nice to meet you too. I’m Yoon Miyeon.