ten

Because You're An Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"you, it's time."

"Again? Hasn't it only been four weeks?" groaning, you set your lunchbox down.

"Yes, but we can't wait the extra two. We have to do it today."

"Why?"

"Because you might just die otherwise, Ms. I'm-too-healthy-for-you."

"Missing one check-up will kill me." you rolled your eyes as dramatically as you could manage. 

"Yes..." Rothensbarger said clearly before mumbling the rest of the sentence as he turned to walk out. 

It's already been four years since he's enforced the rule of getting checked up every six weeks. For what reasons, you still didn't know. Rothensbarger was tight-lipped, but his assistant seemed to have lips made of iron and a mouth filled with cement. It wasn't a simple check-up either. It was a full-scaled procedure which always involved you on anesthetic and possibly morphine, you were always out, dizzy and without memories of the five hours they ran examinations; CT scan, followed by three blood tests, ultrasounds, x-rays and eye checks. Or so you thought. There was never any evidence of the tests they said they'd ran. No scans or blood samples had ever passed your eyes and Rothensbarger made sure, or really didn't have results pass through the rest of the hospital staff and that they'd remain mum over the matter. What exactly happened in that room you didn't know, or rather, maybe you'd not know. 

"GOODNIGHT! I LOVE Y'ALL!"

It’s 11:47pm on a Saturday in the bustling city of Seoul, Korea. A gentle breeze picked up and sweeps through the capital, night well underway. What's arguably the biggest k-pop concert of the year had just arrived at its finale. Thousands of hyperventilating fans with hoarse voices and dishevelled clothes, hair and banners made their exodus from the Olympic Park stadium into nearby bus stops, subways, taxis and waiting cars. I could finally peel off my leather jacket, drenched in sweat and started to follow suit alongside the members backstage. While nearly every fan left with ear-splitting smiles and croaky throats, I was torn. She wasn't there. 

Just hours earlier, SMTOWN 2013 took place.  As one can imagine, the coverage of the concert was insane.  The big news stations covered it, Korean music sites covered it and fans as far as France and America flew in; the twelve of us were the object of everyone's attention, when we were on stage anyway.  It seemed that through our songs, we popularized the words; “Shoot Anonymous”, “Gull I Can't Explain What I Feel”, “Enjoy the Mayo”, and “MAMA”. But was I the only one that saw the glitz, glam, crazy diets and stereotypical face of k-pop spiraling downward before my very eyes that night? I end up flopping into a chair in a singlet wet with my sweat and the drop-crotch pants we wore in MAMA. The rest of EXO-M flops down nearby. Three cameramen scurry in to get behind the scenes coverage where I had to act like the event was the best thing that ever happened to me. Luhan and Tao were first, that gave me a few moments to scull some water before a camera was almost shoved up my nostrils. My eyelids droop a little, but not before I peel them back and manage what I can only imagine a relieved smile and fake how great the experience was, then I pluck my arm off my lap and wave with two fingers. 

The cameramen leave with footage of twelve sweaty guys and twelve fans leave clutching signed albums with big grins that could be borderline e. The managers yell at us to get in the van, and we speed back to the dorm where we are only allocated five hours to refresh and do whatever the hell we wanted before the next schedule started. I jump into the shower first- older/tallest member rights- and turn the hot water up, I feel my muscles sigh and loosen before a certain whiny panda hops in and decides its a good idea to shower together. 

"Owwww! GE! The water's scalding!" 

"Get out then. I like my showers hot." 

"Puhhhlleeaaasseee. We don't have that much time... and .. and I'll give you a massage after."

I couldn't reject that offer. Tao was the best masseur out of the twelve of us and he didn't offer such things so willingly. I turn the handle to the right for colder water.

"Ahhhh. That feels good." 

There is banging on the door. "YAH! What are you two doing in ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter