Seoul Arts

XOXO

**Sohee's POV**

Seoul Arts... what I don't understand about this school is that it's supposed to be a talent high school... with students that have actual talent. Not students that use fame, , and money to get in. I mean, sure, my family's rich, but it's not like my parents actually care about me. All they care about is their business. They probably don't even know the name of my school...

"Yah, Ahn Sohee!" 

I turned around and saw my best friend, Suzy Bae.

"Hi, Suzy." I said softly.

"Yah, I told you to come to the party yesterday! Why didn't you come?!" Suzy asked while lighting a cigarette. 

"I was studying." I replied as I leaned against the wall.

Suzy scoffed and smoked her cigarette.

"Who studies on a Sunday night? Come on, can't you be a bit more fun? You little geek." Suzy said.

I rolled my eyes and smirked a bit.

"Whatever. Hey, we're gonna be late to class. Let's go." I said.

". I didn't even finish half of this cigarette!" Suzy whined.

"That's why I keep telling you to quit." I nagged.

"Shut up and go in. I'll be in soon." Suzy said.

"Alright." I replied and walked in the school building.

I walked to my class and sat on my seat. 

The bell rung and the teacher came in.

"Good morning, class." Mrs. Kim greeted.

"Good morning, Mrs. Kim." The class said.

Mrs. Kim looked around and sighed.

"Bae Suzy seems to be the only one not here... for now... again." Mrs. Kim said and looked down at her attendance notebook.

Suzy opened the door and smiled. 

"Sorry, Mrs. Kim. I.. um, fell down the stairs and had to visit the nurse." Suzy said and walked to her seat.

"Mhm. Okay. That's another meeting with your parents, Bae Suzy." Mrs. Kim said.

I smirked and looked at Suzy.

"Crazy ." I whispered.

"Shut the up." She mouthed and laughed.

"Okay, class. That time of  the year has come again! 2013's Talent Contest. This year, we will be collaborating with the vocal department. We will be meeting with the students from the vocal department during our dance practice time. And as usual, the vocal teacher and I chose the partners for this years Talent Contest. Any questions?" Mrs. Kim asked.

No one answered.

"Okay, then. I will see you guys later. Pay attention to your other teachers. And have a nice day." Mrs. Kim said and walked out of the room.

When she left, I opened my book and started reading and Suzy came over to me as usual.

"Yah, who do you think you're partner's gonna be for the Talent Contest?" Suzy asked as she sat next to me.

"I dont know. Dont really care." I answered while reading my book.

"You should care! What if its someone like that kid Kwanghee who never shuts the up?" Suzy asked while playing with her fingers.

"As long as I dont get a guy who has no talent at all, I'm fine." I answered.

Suzy scoffed.

"Thats like half the population of our school." She said.

I smirked a bit and kept reading.

Seoul Arts' Talent Show is the biggest event of the year. Its where two departments collaborate with each other and they have to perform each others talents together. The teachers always choose the partners... usually always boy-girl partners. Last year, the dance department had to partner up with the fashion department and I didnt think it was that bad. Its probably because I have a huge interest in fashion. But this year was with the vocal department and I learned vocals when I was younger from my aunt so I wasn't worried. But what I was worried about was my partner. It was always the partner that I had problems with. Last year, my partner was new to this school and had no idea what was going on, so 99.9% of the performance was my idea. It was pretty annoying.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was our dance pratice time and our dance department and the vocal department planned on meeting in the auditorium.

Our class was a bit late and when we went into the auditorium, the vocal department classes were already there waiting for us.

"Oh my.. We are so sorry. We had to wait for a student..." Mrs. Kim apologized.

I looked at Suzy who was standing right next to me and smirked.

"Oh yeah, my bad." Suzy said and laughed.

"Oh, its fine! Come on in! You guys can sit on the right side of the auditorium since we're taking the left side." the vocal teacher, Mr. Choi, said.

"Ok, sure." Mrs. Kim replied and escorted our class to the right side of the auditorium. 

We started filling up the rows and once we were all settled, the teachers picked up their own mics and hushed the students.

"Okay, hello students! I hope you are all excited for our Seoul Arts 2013 Talent Contest!" Mrs. Choi said.

"Excited my ." Suzy whispered and we both smirked.

"So, as you can see, the dance department and vocal department decided to team up for this year's talent contest and we are having this meeting to announce your partners!" Mrs. Kim said.

"And as usual, we chose the partners as boy-girl partners so it would be fair for everyone." Mr. Choi said.

"Okay, so as we call you and your partner's names, please come sit with your partner in the middle of this auditorium. And since this is the last period of the day, you guys may leave whenever you feel you and you're partner are done for today." Mrs. Kim said.

"I hope I dont get a loser like you, Sohee." Suzy joked and laughed.

"I hope I dont get a like you, Suzy." I joked back and laughed.

"Okay! So! First partner is Eunhyuk from the dance department and Ji Eun from the vocal department." They started announcing.

"Next, Wooyoung from the dance department and Taeyeon from the vocal department."

"Jaebum from the dance department and Hyorin from the vocal department."

"Ughhh.. this is gonna take forever.." Suzy complained.

"Be patient." I said.

"Oh yeah, theres a new club thats opening tonight! You should come and dance with me for the grand opening." Suzy suggested.

"Nah. I think I'm gonna be studying today." I replied.

"Oh my god, you gotta stop with the reading and studying. Its just one night! Come on, please?" Suzy begged.

"Yah, Bae Suzy. I'm not going." I said.

"You're gonna regret it! Come onnn." Suzy whined.

"I said no." I told her.

"Sohee yah. Just one night, huh? Please?" Suzy asked.

I looked at her desperate face and sighed.

"Fine. But this is my last time going to a club or party with you, okay?" I said.

"YES! Okay!" Suzy shouted with excitement.

"Bae Suzy!" Mrs. Kim yelled.

"Yes??" Suzy shouted.

"We called your name like 50 times and you still dont listen!" Mrs. Kim yelled.

Mr. Choi chuckled.

"Suzy, you're partners with Myungsoo from the vocal department." he said.

"Who the hell..." Suzy whispered and got up from her seat to the middle of the auditorium to meet with her partner.

Myungsoo was the guy who always brought his guitar around the school and sang in the hallways with his guitar. Thats all I knew about him cause I always see him in the hallways.

"Oh my god.. Myungsoo's partnered up with Bae Suzy?!" a girl said.

"But Myungsoo is so innocent and Suzy is so....."

I looked at them and they stopped talking.

I guess Myungsoo and Suzy won't be getting along...

"Next, we have Ahn Sohee from the dance department with Chen from the vocal department." Mr. Choi said.

I got up from my seat and went to the middle of the auditorium.

Chen? Who's that? I never heard of him or saw him around in the hallways. Is he new to this school...?

I saw a guy walking towards me.

"Hi. I'm Chen." he said with a wide smile.

"I'm Sohee." I said with a cold face.

He chuckled softly.

"So, do you have any ideas for this year's talent contest?" he asked.

"No, not yet. I dont even know how well you can sing and you dont know my dancing style or anything." I answered.

"Oh... thats right.." he said and giggled nervously.

"Did you take an audition to get in to this school?" I asked.

"Um, no. I got in cause my dad and this school's principal is pretty close..." he said quietly.

I dislike him already.

"So, I'm guessing you're not so talented." I said bluntly.

"Uhhh... well, I absolutely love to sing." he replied.

"That doesn't mean you're good. I need a good vocalist to win this year's talent contest." I said.

"Well, then I'm good at singing." he said.

I smirked.

"Yeah, I doubt that." I said quietly and observed him.

He got in 'cause his dad and the school's principal are close... he doesnt look like the type that got in with money... but just the fact that he got in without an audition just pissed me off.

"Okay, so lets just relax today and start tomorrow. Think of some ideas." I said with a cold tone.

"Okay.. bye." Chen said quietly as he watched Sohee walk to Suzy.

"Yah, Bae Suzy. Are you done?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I guess. Yah, Myungsoo! Think of some ideas, okay? And what is this?" Suzy asked and pointed at his outfit. 

"What's wrong with my outift?" Myungsoo asked.

"Are you going to Hawaii? Who wears flower button ups to school, Myungsoo?" Suzy asked.

"Yah, Bae Suzy. Shut up and lets go." I said.

Suzy sighed.

"Yah, Myungsoo. I'm going now. Dont forget to think of something!" Suzy shouted and waved at him.

Me and Suzy walked out of the school and went straight to my house, like always.

"I know what you should wear for the club today!" Suzy shouted out of nowhere when we got into my room.

"Its like you know my closet more than I do." I said. 

Suzy went into my closet and took out a simple black mini dress.

"So, since we're gonna be dancing, you should wear this." Suzy suggested.

"Okay. That looks cute." I said.

"Yah. Can't you try looking more excited for once?" Suzy asked.

"You know I'm not good at showing my emotions." I answered and took the dress from her hand and went in my dressing room. 

I changed into the black mini dress and looked at the mirror. 

Looks pretty nice to me. This is why Suzy and I get along so well. We can connect through dance and fashion.

I walked out of my dressing room and showed myself to Suzy.

"Oh my god, you look so gorgeous, girl." Suzy said with a smile.

"Thanks." I said.

"Can't you at least smile when I compliment you?!" Suzy yelled.

I forced a smile.

"Thanks." I said again with my fake smile.

Suzy rolled her eyes and held up another kind of a black dress from my closet.

"I'm wearing this to the club, okay?" she asked.

"Kay." I answered and started putting on my make up.

 

I usually never go to clubs or parties with Suzy cause after my grades dropped dramatically, I decided to quit smoking and drinking and start studying at home instead of parties. I was actually really excited to go today but I was also kinda worried that I might start going to parties and clubs everynight again and drop my grades again... 

 

But honestly, I was so super excited.