Scent

Young, Wild, and Free (BTS Oneshots) {HIATUS}

You slumped down onto his bed, determined to not cry. Jimin had left you for almost a month as he had family matters to take care of in Korea. You were depressed because he was supposed to gone for a while, and in 2 days you'd be leaving America to go on study abroad to Korea, but since you'd be studying and he'd be dealing with family matters, you guys would hardly get to see each other. It saddened you, so you went over to his dorm room (which was conveniently on the same floor as yours) and knocked on the door.

His roommate Yoongi opened the door and felt his heart break a little when he saw the circles underneath your eyes. Your eyes had such light in them before, but Jimin had been gone for so long that you were starting to get worn out with pretending to be happy. Yoongi ushered you in and you immediately had slumped onto his bed.

Yoongi pulled his rolling chair into the middle of the room and tapped your head. "Yah, don't be so sad. He'll be back soon."

"And I'll be gone in 2 days." you replied monotonously.

Yoongi bit the inside of his cheek. "I-I know that but-"

Suddenly, you sat straight up, digging into Jimin's basket of clothes and pulled out a hoodie. You pressed it against your nose and inhaled. Tears came to your eyes as your inhaled, smelling the warm, fresh scent of your boyfriend's sweater. You dropped the sweater into your lap and let the tears flow from your eyes. Yoongi panicked and got up, patting your back and your hair. 

Suddenly, you head the door opening. You thought that you two would get in trouble because technically when a guy and a girl were in the same room, they weren't supposed to close the door. But then you heard something odd. As if a bag was being dropped to the floor.

"Hyung~! I'm finally back! I'm going to surpri-"

You were standing there, tears still staining your cheeks. 

"Jimin." you said simply.

His jaw was to the ground. "Jagi?" he crossed the room in seconds. "Are you alright?" he asked as he wrapped you up in his arms.

Just the sound of his voice was enough for the tears to keep flowing, but in addition to that, you were addicted to the way he held you, smothering you in his scent. You began to sob and beat his chest. 

"W-why did you have to leave for so long? I'm leaving in 2 days you jerk!"

Jimin cast his eyes down in shame, until he saw that you were clutching one of his old hoodies for dear life. He smiled and pressed a kiss to your jaw. "Jagi, I know it's hard but we can get through this, I know it. Just trust me okay?" you whimpered quietly. He continued, "If you want, you can keep that sweater, alright? Just don't cry." 

You sniffled a little bit and sighed. "I don't want to go."

Jimin pouted. "No, absolutely not. You've looked forward to this moment since high school! I won't be the one to take it away from you. I'm just a person, babe. And as much as I love you, I want you to do what makes you happy-even if that means leaving me."

You looked up at him, eyes wide with curiosity. "You…love me?"

Jimin pressed a kiss to your forehead. "Yes. Well, only if you love me too."

Before you got a chance to answer, Yoongi was on his feet in seconds. "Yah, go be all lovey dovey somewhere else!"

You turned to Yoongi and gave him a bear hug. He froze at that, and then relaxed, patting your back awkwardly. "Oppa, thanks so much. I love you too, but in a platonic way."

Yoongi shooed you away. "I believe you have a boy waiting for you."

You turned to Jimin, wiping the remaining tears from your eyes and clutching his hoodie. "Oppa…I'm never giving this sweater back~."