A Vampire's Serenade

Les Chroniques d'un Vampire le Minuit Sérénades
Night.  The awakening of the Vampires.  It is when we wake up from our slumber and greet the magical moon above us.  The moon is our sun, our energy, our fuel, our beautiful light in the darkness that engulfs us all.  As we walk along the shadows of the night, we breathe in the scent of every human within our perimeter.  The scent of a human has always been our heaven, our bliss, our adrenaline.  A human’s scent never fails to cause our senses to tingle and our mouths to water with delight and desire.  When I say a human’s scent, I don’t mean the smell of their skin or their perfume nor their cologne.  I mean the luscious, crimson liquid underneath it.  Oh, how that precious liquid drives us insane like hell!  Once we build enough desire to want it, we go get it.  We don’t care who you are or even what you are, when we want your blood, I guarantee you, you’re done for.  You’ll be drained until you’re dry, wilted like a fragile flower.  I can’t tell you how much we love chasing after you humans.  I can’t tell you how much we love capturing you in our own hands.  I can’t tell you how much we love the sound of ripping flesh from your body.  We especially love the sound of blood being drained out from your creamy neck into our ravenous mouths.  It’s a complete bliss I can tell you that.  We are god-damn monsters for loving those disgusting things.  I hate myself for being one of them.  I will admit that as a vampire…
 
 
I love it too.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
I walked along the mountain trails that lead to my home in which I called it my personal mausoleum.  The reason why I called it a mausoleum was because everything in that old house was dead.  Everything in there was dead, dull, and extremely boring, including me.  It has a front yard that hasn’t had flowers since god knows when, windows that reflected absolutely no life, white paint that once perfectly coated the house faded into a rainbow of dull imperfections, an old, broken bird bath with no birds, a weather worn, rusted porch swing that has probably never been touched in its life, front stairs that would most likely break at any moment, and a lazy, boring, master who’s a bloody vampire with absolutely no life to top it off to compete in the contest for the Most “Deadly” House in History title.  I swear, we’d win hands down.
 
I was finally at the door.  I took out my keys from my pocket and opened the door to “my home, sweet home”.  Every single item in my house was still in the same position as always.  The living room was still empty as ever.  The never-ending white marble staircase just stood there hoping to be walked on more often or maybe even have more people to walk on it.  Amazingly, the marbled floor remained bright and spotless, the only lively thing in the house.  I carried the box that contained the doll to the glass coffee table and set it down before I went to the coat rack to hang my coat.   I plopped myself down on the couch and loosened up my tie.  Unknowingly, I find myself staring at the box.  Somehow, I had a strange urge to open it, but I didn’t want to because I didn’t want that doll to read me again.
 
I let out a deep sigh and got up from my seat.  I shuffled through the long, ancient hallway that lead to the backyard.   I bet you could imagine how dead it is, right?  As I stepped on the cold stone pavement, I made visible footprints on the soft snow.  I looked back at the footprints I just created.  I raised my index finger and with a quick flick, the footprints disappeared.  I didn’t want anybody to know where I was going even if no one ever comes near my home.  You could never know what might come your way.  Call me paranoid, but you can never be too careful in this crazy world.  I absolutely didn’t want anybody to know the location to my “secret haven”.  My secret sanctuary should be only known to me, myself, and I. 
 
I kept walking and walking until got to the bridge which lay across a frozen stream that reflected the moon’s beauty and her beautiful light. 
 
 
 
 
Yes, it was snowing.  Yes, I wasn’t wearing my coat.  Yes, it was cold, but I didn’t mind.  I didn’t mind it at all…
 
because I didn’t care.
 
I crossed the bridge and finally reached my destination, my secret haven.  I sat on one of the two benches, frozen like ice.  I let the snow drown me for a while.  The ice started to froze my senses altogether.  I felt numb.  I felt like I couldn’t feel anything.  I couldn’t even feel the snow falling onto my skin or even the frosty wind threatening the life out of me.  Despite the numbness, I remained indifferent.   I didn’t show any pain or the feeling of coldness.  I was simply emotionless just quietly sitting on the bench like some statue that didn’t belong there.  Call me crazy, but I liked it.  I liked the numbness.  I liked the coldness.  I liked the feeling of not feeling anything.  I loved it.  I opened my mouth and the numbness increased instantaneously.
 
 
"7 Years of Love" ~ Cho Kyuhyun
 
 
 
 [A/N:  Press DENY please.  xP]
 
We met for seven years
No one knew we would say goodbye this easily

However we still separated
With the memories we built for a long time, now gone

How did we at such a young age
Meet each other, I don’t even remember how
Difficult for us to handle the maps of our changing selves

They said saying goodbyes are painful
But I didn’t even have time to feel that
I just thought this is the way staying composed

(Chorus)
But I cried
Time passed it gave me a simple yearning
Different from what my mind was seeing
At first friends then next as lovers
We said we’d stay as friends even if we separated

During those 3 years spent alone
We contacted each other sometimes

Even if I met someone else again
Even I loved again
Whenever I was sad I would call you without a word just tears falling

You have to meet a good person
I thought in my heart without any words
I asked if you still liked me without any thought hoping you say it back

(Chorus)
I know
We had the most pure love
Back then we thought that kind of love couldn’t be done again so we saved it in our memories
Often I feel a cold feeling from you
But now I know you cannot ask anything

“I’m getting married” is what you said to me
After that for a long time I was speechless
Then I cried, they were your last words to me
 
For the only words I wanted to hear was that you loved me
 
 
 
 
I miss singing to you.   I whispered as I felt a tear escape and cascade down my frozen face.
 
 
 
 
I miss you.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Here's the second chapter everyone!  Thank you to all of my subscribers and commenters. ^^ 
 
~ Saranghae <3