-01-

(im)perfection

"Bye, Sungjae, see you tomorrow!"

"Bye, Sohyun!"

With that, Sungjae went home with quick steps. Heading straight into his room and throwing his bag in a corner, he grabs his scissors and went into the toilet, slamming the door. Leaning his back against the wall, tears started streaming down his face. Unable to control his mind that was running wild, flashbacks of memories started appearing. Memories which he wished disappear forever. 

"Do you know that you are very annoying?" A classmate told him.

"Just don't talk already." said another.

These hurtful words. Joke or not, these were words that stab worse than a knife, at least to Sungjae.

*primary school*

"Why did you tell on me? Now everyone knows that I stole."  A friend of Sungjae said, whilst pushing a table at him so hard he could barely breathe. A crowd of classmates gathered, but was still incapable of stopping the strength obtained from anger in the student.

"Roh Ji Hoon! What are you doing to Sungjae!" The class monitor had went to report to the teacher. Finally pulling Ji Hoon away, the table was finally not pressing against Sungjae's chest. Slightly hyperventilating to catch his breath, Sungjae only heard one sentence. "You watch out, Yook Sungjae."

Placing the scissors at his wrist, slits were made.

 

***

 

"Sungjae-ah, it's time for dinner!"

"Alright, Mum!" Entering the living room, Sungjae settled himself at his usual seat.

"Hey Mum, guess what happened today. I was almost late for school. Oh and during Math lesson my classmate said a really funny joke! .................... and after school, I went home with....." He went on and on, with a smile on his face. It was the Sungjae that appeared when he was in school, or generally in front of everyone. "Oh and my English teacher is really annoying, and he doesn't even know how to teach properly.........."

"You're so noisy, always complaining." His mum told him. Almost instantly, Sungjae fell into silence.

 

***

 

Lying on his bed after the whole torturous day, he tried to enter dreamland, the perfect world where there would be no problems for him. However, the words said by his mother during dinner started to haunt him again. Memories started haunting him again.

"Why do you always keep me waiting? Don't you know I'm always rushing for time? I've already told you so many times, come down earlier and wait for me." Holding tight to 8-year-old Sungjae's hand, Mr Yook gave Sungjae a slap, ignoring the fact that there were friends around.

The only response given by young Sungjae then was, "I'm sorry, Dad."

-//-

"Yook Sungjae, I'm telling you, I'm your father, so even if I might not treat you that well, you have no rights to be so rude at me."

With a tear escaping from his eye, Sungjae said, "It's me. I'm the cause of unhappiness."

 

=====

Just a short chapter to start off (: 
Hope y'all liked it :D