The Princess

Black Pearl

 

Kris closed the door and he was greeted by his fellow Unit-D members and their principal, Choi Siwon.

"Sir," he said.

"Good. You are all have gathered, we can start our meeting," Siwon announced. 

They are moved to a small meeting room that connected to principal office. There is an oval table, comfortable chairs surrounding it, a projector, and a whiteboard. Unt-D members took their seats meanwhile Siwon just standing in the end part of the table.

"So, as u guys know, you are all quite new for this unit, except for Suho. You already knew why," Siwon started.

They all nodded. Some of them have solemn looks.

"Today you guys got a new mission," Siwon said,"To someone,"

"What?! Wait, but isn't that-" 

"-an ordinary mission, you would said, Luhan?" Siwon cutted the boy off.

Luhan looked hesitant but finally he decide to keep silent, eyes glued on the table.

"It's princess' request," Siwon finally said, Both hand pressed on the table.

Unit-D looked up to their principal. Even Suho.

"Wait, dad, i mean Principal Choi. Why princess request us to her?" Isn't she... Suho didn't finished his sentence instead he shared a silent conversation with his dad. In the end he decided to listening to his father first. The rest just eyeing both of them because they didn't understand anything. To be honest they didn't know much about their princess. Nobody know except family and people who lived at the palace. Siwon and Suho had living in the palace so they know. The students and the folks only see the princess from afar in the rarely kingdom's events.

"So, what is the mission about?" Xiumin asked," Lady Chaerin to where?"

"You guys know about Rane Ruins?" 

"You mean the ruins that believed to be a former of ancient temple for human?" Kris asked.

"You right, Kris. Princess Chaerin is curently doing a research about that ruins," Siwon answered.

They exchanging looks at each other. Confused.

"The problem is, that ruins is become a monster's lair. So i guess, Princess Chaerin need you as escorts and bodyguards," Siwon take a glance to Suho. 

Nobody said anything.

"So, i guess you guys have to meet the Princess to know about the details. Suho, bring your teammates to Banaspati Palace." Siwon ordered.

---

 

"You must be...Luhan, Xiumin, and Kris... and Luffy," Chaerin pointing every one of them, except Suho. The guys just exchanging looks to one another.

Xiumin didn't know what to do. He ever got into monster lairs, fighting here and there, risking lives, but this is his first time. The first time he step on Banaspati Palace. The first time seeing a fragile little princess in front of him that requests them a mission. She has petite features, pretty face, black orbs, and black long hair. But there is something in her eyes that told him that she knows much. It proved as she speak out their names once they entered this room. Could she be...

"It's Suho oppa who told me who is who. I'm not a mind reader," She chuckled. A bit amused as if she can read their mind.

Dang, i'm wrong. Xiumin mentally slapped himself.

She sit in the corner of the room. The room itself didn't have any windows, just ventilations. At every corner of the room there is a torch that made everyone who come feel creepy. Xiumin guess this is not her room.

"I heard Lady Chaerin need our to Rane Ruins?" He asked as he took a step ahead.

"You right, Xiumin-ssi," She took a strange stone from the small wooden box beside her and Xiumin swore he saw her eyes glistening silver. It creeps his out as he feel the temperature of the room dropped a little. Made goosebumps on their skin. 

"It's blur, i can't see anything..." Snap! Her eyes come back to her dark orbs and the room temperature back to normal. "This stone is from Rane Ruins, but i can't see anything, it's weird." She stared at the strange stone,"I guess i need to come to the ruins so i can tell how the temple was looks like,"

The boys didn't realize that they hold their breath all this time. Luhan rubbed his hands. Chaerin looked up, eyeing all of them as she saw confused looks on their faces. Except Suho who gave her a reassuring smile. She made a small smile for him and sigh.

"I am a psycometrist, i can read the history of objects," She smile, answering their unsaid question. There is a faint bitterness in her voice but they can't feel in the air. They just unciously made an O shaped mouth, even Kris.

"There is something bugging me..," Luhan trailed off.

"Said it," 

"I heard there is a monster who make the ruins his lair?" He asked.

Chaerin nodded her head.

"And may i asked what kind of monster?" 

She shook her head,"I don't know either."

There is an awkward silent between them. Since they are barely know each other. Xiumin cleared his throat.

"Uhm, may i asked when will we start our mission?" Xiumin asked.

"Tomorrow. Morning," 

---

"Are you sure, Chaerin?" Jungsoo asked his daughter.

"Yes, Your Highness," Chairin replied.

It's dad Chaerin. But Jungsoo shrugged the thought off.

"But it has been a long time since you go out from palace, i don't know what will happened to you" Jungsoo stated, still in his authoritive manner. 

"I am with Unit-D members, Your Highness, they can protect me, i am sure," She said shyly.

Jungsoo paced back and forth in his throne room. Hana just sit in her throne as she watched her husband and her daughter.

Jungsoo almost pulled his hair out as he can't playing a King in front of his daughter anymore,"But you are my only and only and forever my daughter, Chaerin," Jungsoo shook his daughter's shoulders, almost sobbed. Hana just chuckled at her husband's behaviour.

"Then i guess you must start believed in your daughter, Honey," Hana finally spoke.

"Why?! You are her mother and why??!!"

"Ow, stop being a crybaby, you are the King, Park Jungsoo," Hana rolled her eyes,"And your attitude is like you are her mother instead of me,"

Jungsoo froze a moment and then cleared his throat. His eyes darted to his surrounding.

"Chaerin is 18, Honey. She is not a kid anymore."

"I just worried,"

"It's just a day and 2 nights...dad," Chaerin spoke. Her cheeks flushed, making Jungsoo left speechless. He can't beared of Chaerin's aegyo, and this thing made his heart wavered a little, in fatherly's way.

"How about give her a chance? It's been awhile since she out of the palace. She must know her surrounding, beside, she is with Unit-D," Hana reasoning.

"......Alright, i give in. Just if, in 2 days you didn't show off in this room, i will send all my soldiers-"

"Your Highness!" Both Hana and Chaerin snapped. Jungsoo stopped, eyes widen. They exchanged looks and then giggled.

---

 

It's in the middle of night, someone sneaked out and running in the hall of Banaspati Palace.

She reached the archery arena, as she grabbed a bow and a quiver. She was now standing in the middle of the arena. She took an arrow and aiming for one of the target board. She fired the arrow but it didn't even reached half of the field. She tried to aiming again, her hands trembled as she try to focusing again. Ignoring stories from the bow's that made her difficult to focus. She fired again and same as before, the arrow didn't even reach the target board. She tried again and again only to get same result.

She dropped her body and start sobbing. Her hands still gripping her bow as she let her memory from the bow overwhelmed her.

The time when she fired an arrow and shot the target perfectly. How she always jumping up and down when she beat Suho. How her mother and father will cheered her up. How her Siwon uncle always proud of her.

"Who am i...?" She sobbed.

"Why i am become like this..?" 

"What should i do?" She hugged her bow and was sobbing hard.

 

Siwon was just passed the arena as he noticed someone laying in the middle of the arena. 

Who..?

He reached the body and saw it was Chaerin. Sobbing in her sleep while she still hugging her bow. He furrowed his brows and soften when look into her face. He sigh and then get on his knee to carried her bridal style and sent her to her room. Poor my baby, you must be carried a lot of burden. Please be strong. He wiped her tears away, kissed her forhead and fixed up her pillow and blanket to make her comfortable. Goodluck for your journey.

---

 

 

 

A shortie chapter :"