I Hate Kids.

I Hate Kids.

Jonghyun walked down the street with his headphones over his ears and his hands in his pockets. This was how he liked it; it was just him, his music, and his world. The soft air gently blew on his face and the trees on the sides of the sidewalks rippled in response. His world was at peace. Suddenly he felt a tug on his pants. He looked down and to his annoyance was a small hand with a firm grip on his newest black jeans, making a stain. A small face looked back up at him. The kid had the biggest eyes and the longest eyelashes he had ever seen. Ew. Jonghyun hated kids. Just like how he hated green eggs and ham. He refused to ever believe that he ever was one. He was born as a 21 year old. Jonghyun looked around for the little boy’s parents. But there was no one around. Everyone had their hands tucked into their own pockets, nose hidden in their scarves, oblivious to this 2 year old that was separated from his parents. Jonghyun sighed and squatted down, and putting his face closer to the boy’s. “What’s your name kid?” “Yoogeun!” “How old are you?” The boy raised up 6 fingers. Jonghyun rolled his eyes. This kid wasn’t 6, that’s for sure. “Do you know where your parents are?” “Appa!” “Huh?” “Appa!” He couldn’t believe what was happening to him. Of all people, he had to pick a stray kid. Who the hell does that? “Hokay, let’s go find your dad.” Jonghyun lifted up the baby with a grunt. When he stood up, a giant nearly ran over him. “Hey watch it!” This day was getting worse and worse. But then the giant backpedalled. Jonghyun looked up at this person, his neck cricking. Ouch. This person had the same eyes and eyelashes as Yoogeun, but he looked a little young to have a child already. He looked only a couple years younger than Jonghyun himself. The person had a cheesy grin of relief on his face. “Oh god, thank you. I’ve been looking for him everywhere! I’m Minho.” “Jonghyun.” And Minho took back his mini-me and gave him a little blissful squeeze. “Phew. Thanks again.” “Say, is this your kid?” “Ah, no, Yoogeun here was visiting me while I was filming for Dream Team? You know, the show?” “Oh.” Jonghyun scrunched up his nose. He knew what Dream Team was. All they did was get all sweaty and be athletic. He looked at Yoogeun a bit and suddenly Yoogeun climbed into his unexpecting arms. Minho laughed, “He likes you, man.” Jonghyun shifted his weight while Yoogeun slapped his face between his two tiny hands, squeezing Jonghyun’s cheeks together. This kid was pretty cute. He twirled Yoogeun around a bit and Yoogeun smiled the cutest smile. Minho scratched his head. “Look, would you mind watching him a bit while I film? He doesn’t seem to listen to the noonas and I can’t have him running off again. You seem to like him.” Ehh. Playing with a kid was one thing, but watching him was another. But then again, none of the other kids were like this one. If only Yoogeun was a girl. He’d like a baby girl more. Wait, what? Jonghyun lauhged absentmindly to himself and punched himself on the thigh to shake off these abnormal thoughts. He always stayed as far as he could from kids but they weren’t that bad as they turned out. Minho raised an eyebow at Jonghyun's abnormal behaivor. Jonghyun didn't notice. Besides, Minho seemed like a friendly person. “Ahh, sure, I have some free time.” “Great! Let’s go! This way to the stadium.” Jonghyun put Yoogeun down, the two year old holding the twenty one year old's index finger tightly. Yoogeun started skipping back to the stadium and Jonghyun laughed, having to run a bit to keep up.

After filming had finished, Jonghyun was surprised at himself to be a little sorry when he saw Yoogeun run back to his umma’s arms. Minho walked over, “Hey man, I can’t thank you enough. Wanna go out for some coffee? I can’t think of any other way to thank you.” Jonghyun grinned up at the giant. “Sure, I know this great place.”

Jonghyun dialed Minho’s number. “Yoboseyo?” “Hey dude, I just got tickets to Black Eyed Peas. Wanna come with?” “Woah, nice. Sure, see ya in a bit.” “Cool, lates.”

Minho sent a text to Jonghyun. Hey shawty. shorty. I am not short! Whatever. Me and the boys are going to the new club that just opened up last night. Black Bead? Yeah. Let’s go. Kay.

“DIEDIEDIE!” Minho shouted. “Yeah right, there is no way you can beat me at W.O.W.” Jonghyun brushed an invisble speck of dust off his shoulder simutaneoulsy as his short fingers violently pushed buttons on the controller."Well, then what’s this??” Minho shoved Jonghyun off the sofa and started shooting at Jonghyun’s avatar.” “Noooooooo. Cheater! You cheated! You cheaaaaateddd!” Jonghyun jumped between the sofa and Minho’s back and pushed at the sofa with his legs to pry Minho off. “Oof!” Minho rolled onto the ground and Jonghyun stood up on the sofa, proud, shooting back at the defenseless Minho.

Jonghyun sat on the edge of his bed. The past month, Minho and he had become the best of friends. Minho always went to noraebang with him even though Minho had admitted that he wasn’t too fond of singing. And Jonghyun helped Minho with his college classes. Well, at least he tried too. But he sometimes he felt that he was missing something when he was around Minho, but he couldn’t put his tongue on it. Suddenly his phone exploded. “What’s up, Minho?” “Hey, remember Yoogeun?” Oh wow, he hasn’t seen the kid for a while. Yoogeun. That’s who he was missing. Jonghyun paused, sinking into the bed a little more, replying quietly,“Yeah, of course I do.” “Yeah, his parents are throwing him a birthday party and they invited me and the boys. They wanted you to come along too; his umma remembered you from that one day at the stadium.” “Cool. I’d love to come. When is it?” “Saturday morning.” “Great, text me the address and I’ll see ya then.” “Awesome. Later.”

That Saturday, Jonghyun ran over to Yoogeun and attacked him. He missed the little punk so much. They rolled on the ground and Jonghyun fussed up Yoogeun’s grown out hair. Yoogeun’s umma laughed, she was glad that Yoogeun had so many nice appas. “Ahjumma.” Minho stood in the doorway with the boy band he was in, SHINee. Apparently they had babysitted Yoogen too at some point. “Hi boys! Come in!” The ahjumma greeted the 5 guys with hugs. Jonghyun teased Yoogeun with the Power Ranger gun he had bought for Yoogeun last night, but stood and gave Minho a warm hug when he saw the giant dude. “Hey! I didn’t know Yoogeun had an older brother!” One of the band members with a freakishly rainbow head exclaimed. “I’m not his brother. I’m Jong—But that was all he got to. Cause Minho accidentally covered his view of… everything while coming over to give Yoogeun a hug. Jonghyun was frustrated by his height. Ever since he had met Minho, Minho had always about his height. That was the last straw. Jonghyun jumped up onto Minho’s back and wrapped his legs around his waist and popped his head over Minho’s shoulder, staring down at the four other boys gaping up at him. “Like I said, I’m Jonghyun. It’s nice to meet you guys.” Rainbow head just looked up at him in surprise. The kid with the mushroom hair pouted, crossed his arms, and stomped his foot. “Unfair! How did you do that? No matter how many times I try I can’t get up there! Hmph!” Jonghyun laughed and shrugged, “Practice, I guess.” Rainbow head scoffed, “Practice??”

 

*revision1