chapter 1

Mission Impossible : Change Society

Her eyes lingered around the abandoned building as she held the phone to her ear right ear, searching for any sign of the caller.

“Choi Yeonu! Focus on the mission!” The caller on the other end commended making her head snap back to the front as she approaches a desk with a file on it.

“The building gate will lock down in 5 minutes so hurry and get out if you don’t want to be locked down forever.” The voice said with an amused chuckle, causing Choi Yeonu to flinch.

Feeling trouble, she jumped over the multiple barriers and rushed to escape the building. Leaping over a fence, the thorns at the top of it scratches her leader tights, injuring the upper half of her leg.

“Damn it.” She cursed under her breath and ran onto her motorbike outside the gates.

Just as her hand grasped the handle, the gates closed and her body slumped in relief. She was out of the building.

Before anything else, she checked the file and the contents. At the first page, it was the usual procedure, the difficulty of the mission, the budget and the contract. With a roll of her eyes, she flipped to the second page and read the objective of the mission.

‘To change the society’s perspective on students, to help students through life’

She raised her eyebrows at the objective and shook her head with a sigh.

Whoever the person that set her up for the mission, he had a lot of determination. Even she herself stopped dreaming because she knew society already had it ready for her. The daughter of the South Korea’s biggest corporation of course she would be a business tycoon like her parents are. Despite her absolute guarantee that the mission would fail she wanted to try for the future of other people who still have a chance. Without second guessing she bit of the cap of her pen and signed the contract promising that if anything happens to her she would take full responsibility. The idea of the contract itself was quite comedic. She knew nothing of her boss so who would she blame if anything was to happen.

As she read further instructions and restrictions, she grew bored. Looking at the bottom of the page she saw more instructions written in red ink.

‘Throw this file into the spider-shaped bin precisely 10 meters to your right.’

She furrowed her eyebrows, knowing for sure that there wasn’t a spider-shaped trash bin around when she came out of the building. She was confident that the boss got the orders wrong.

When she turned her head to the right slightly, her eyes almost bulged out of their sockets and she jumped from the shock. The red spider eyes were starring straight into hers making goose bumps appear. She kicked it out of the heat of the moment.

 “Aish. Who does this guy think he is, scaring the hell out of me? I’ll sue if ever find out who he is. Why am I even doing this stupid thing? He must be using black magic. How else can he get this thing here in such a short time?” She ranted and kicked the trash bin again and again, making a dent on its metal stomach.

Her cell phone rang and she picked it up with a frustrated scream. “Aish, what is it?”

The voice at the other line chuckled darkly and threatened, “If you don’t want to work with me then fine but don’t just stand there all day long complaining. My ears are bleeding from all the shouting you’re doing. As usual, don’t contact me unless I do. What a pain.” Before Yeonu could reply, the caller hung up.

After finding out that she was being observed, Yeonu pulled her usual nonchalant face and walked to her motorbike. With much poise and practiced elegance, she mounted the bike. Now that she had actually paid attention, she could feel eyes on her. Particularly on her exposed bleeding thigh. With a shake of her head and a nasty grimace she went home.

As soon as the doors to the garage open, loud chatter could be heard. With an annoyed frown, Yeonu made her way into the garage. She knew when the others see her wound they would freak out. Her little brother was the first to come and hug her.

“Yeonu noona, where did you go so early in the morning? I woke up and nobody was in the house.” He swayed her back and forth, squeezing her with his sturdy biceps.

“Jonghyun-ah, can you please let go? I really need to go to my room right away.” That was her weak defense to convince her brother to let her go unnoticed but he held on anyways.

“I don’t want to, why should I? This is the last day before school starts again. I don’t want to separate from my sister.” He backed away but locked her in place by her shoulders. His eyes naturally travelled down her to check for any other modification. When he saw her bleeding thigh his eyes widened and he let out a little yelp. Pointing at it with one hand and one hand cupping his mouth he questioned, “Noona, how did that happen?”

At those words, 5 people were by her side in a blink of an eye. 1 person kneeled and wrapped one arm behind her thighs and the other on her back, lifting her off the ground. Wordlessly, the person carried her up the stairs and into her room. He closed the door with his foot and set her on the bed. He lightly pushed the mirror on her wall and it backed up before bouncing open, revealing a cabinet. He grabbed the first aid kit and kneeled beside the bed facing her wound.

She grasped his hands that were reaching to open the box and assured, “I’m okay so I’ll do it. You should go downstairs.”

In a flash, he pinned her onto the bed with a low growl from the back of his throat.

“I’m your boyfriend Choi Yeonu. I’m respecting you by not snooping into your deal but at least let me help you.” He reasoned and backed away, continuing to open the box.

“Yah Bang Minsoo I said I’ll do it so just stay out of it, will you?” She insisted with a push, not wanting to lean on him every time she got any injury.

Out of frustration, he got up and kicked the door with a loud bark.

“Damn it! Why are you so damn stubborn? You know what? Keep your secrets!” He gave her a long glare and stormed out of the door.

Looking at the door with surprised eyes, she shrugged.

“What’s gotten into him again?” She murmured and started cleaning her wound as if nothing happened between her and her boyfriend.

When she went downstairs to the garage to hang out with her brother and his friends, her eyes scanned the huge space for her Minsoo, her boyfriend but she didn’t see him anywhere.

“Jonghyun, where’s CAP?” She asked her brother using her boyfriend’s nickname.

“He went home. What happened between you two? He was steaming like a bull when he came downstairs and shouted at all of us for no reason.” Both of them shrugged and continued playing around.