2

I waited

 

“Kwangmin..”, you whispered. He still looked at you, surprised and confused. “When did you come here..”, he asked, but it sounded like he was talking to himself instead of you. “I.. I just came 2 hours ago..”, you mumbled and looked at the ground, avoiding the eye contact. “Why-”, “I wanted to surprise you and Youngmin.. I wanted to know how you’ve been”, you tried to smile and looked at him again. Suddenly he made a angry expression and clenched his fists. “If you really wanted to know how I’ve been, you could’ve answer my texts and calls!”, he yelled at you. You knew that he was right, but now you were angry too. “Stop yelling at me! Is this your way to greet an old friend?!”, you looked at him angry as well. “An old friend?! You moved to Japan, didn’t answer my calls and now you’re calling yourself my friend?! Why didn’t you tell me that you were going to move?!”, he looked hurt and now you felt guilty. “It hurt, okay? It hurt..”, you whispered and could feel the tears in your eyes. Suddenly he came forward, grabbed your hand and pulled you into the living room. He sat down on the couch and pulled you onto his lap. You tried to get up again, felt really uncomfortable, but after you released you wouldn’t let you go, you stoped fighting him. “What hurt?”, he asked. Luckily he seemed to be calm now. You thought about it for a moment. Should you really tell him? “It sounds so selfish..”, you looked down at your hands and could feel a tear running down your cheek. “Tell me, please?”, you shook your head and looked at him with teary eyes.

“It sounds-”

“I don’t care, tell me”

You looked down again and swallowed. “At the day before we left, we were at the park, do you remember that?”, you whispered. Without waiting for his answer you continued. “Please don’t laugh at me but.. I told you that I love you but then you got a phone call of your girlfriend so I thought it would be better if.. I don’t tell you that we’re going to move to Japan-”, “And run away crying, leaving me worried to death because the next day you weren’t there anymore and didn’t even answer my calls”, Kwangmin finished your sentence. You smiled lightly and more tears were running down your cheeks now. “Exactly..”, Kwangmin patted your back. “Hey, don’t cry. You were scared, weren’t you?”, you nodded lightly and wipped away the tears. “I wish you had not run away”, he said after a while of silence. You looked at him confused but he just smiled at you. “You should have stayed.. when you told me that you love me, I was so happy ___-ah. I didn’t really know why. But after you left, I knew it. I was in love with you too.”, he let out a sigh. “I broke up with my girlfriend a few days after you left because I didn’t want to hurt her by telling her that I love her when I didn’t mean it. I tried to call you every so often but you didn’t answer.. I still can’t believe that you’re here”, he whispered and played with your hair. You looked at him with big eyes. Did he really say that he.. “Do you still love me?”, you asked hoarsely and brushed away the tears with the back of your hand. “Do you really want to know that?”, he leaned closer and looked into your eyes. You hestitated, but nodded. “I still do”, he pressed his lips against your softly. You were surprised at first, but then you closed your eyes, enjoying the moment. After he broke the kiss, he kissed your forehead softly. “I love you too oppa”, you said and grinned at him. “I know”