Chapter 3

Wow, What Happened to You?

Whatever Jongdae’s idea of revenge had entailed, it was probably more evil than what Baekhyun had in mind.  At the most, Baekhyun was expecting to see maybe one or two passive-aggressive SNS messages from Sehun when he got back to the apartment.  He was not expecting to see said suspected victim moping around on his living room couch though.

“What the – ?  Who – “

“Tao let me in,” Sehun replied monotonously, continuing to stare up at the ceiling.

Baekhyun marched down the hallway to Tao’s room and was about to barge in when he noticed that the door was wide open, revealing no signs of a certain panda.  He marched back to the living room to interrogate about the whereabouts of his pesky roommate.

“He went out,” Sehun spoke before Baekhyun could ask.

Baekhyun was about to question ‘where’ when the front door opened and Tao came into the living room.  He gave a simple “Oh, you’re back?” to Baekhyun before making his way to the couch where Sehun was.

“Okay, was there some kind of roommate switch that I didn’t get the memo for?” Baekhyun flailed his arms a little in exasperation.

“Relax,” Tao sat down next to Sehun and placed a bottle of cola in his lap.  “Sehun’s just gonna camp out here for a while.”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at Tao’s casualness in regards to the situation. 

“…Why?”

Tao took a sip from his own bottle of cola and grabbed the TV remote from Sehun’s motionless hand.

“Because Luhan’s at his and Xiumin’s place right now.”

Baekhyun blinked in confusion.

“And that’s a bad thing…why?”

It was no secret to anyone that Sehun liked Luhan, except to maybe Luhan himself.  Baekhyun had learned about Sehun’s crush one night when Sehun had jumped ship on a project that he and Tao were supposed to work on.  He had given Tao the excuse that he had something more important that needed his attention, which apparently was to hang out with Luhan at an arcade.  Needless to say, Tao made Sehun his personal sparring partner for the rest of that week.  And Sehun didn’t even know the slightest bit of Wushu.   

“Jongdae hacked into Sehun’s SNS and made a confession to Luhan on it,” Tao explained as he flipped through some TV channels.

Baekhyun felt a little bad for laughing in response.  Just a little bit.

Sehun groaned and covered his head with a pillow, “The worst part is that it’s something I would’ve written so everyone thinks it’s me anyways.”

“Well you are pretty easy to impersonate with all your internet lingo usage,” Tao responded, and Sehun whined more into the pillow.

Baekhyun wanted to be able to say ‘Mission Accomplished’, but actually felt kind of bad for Sehun right now.  If Chanyeol happened to be at the same school as Baekhyun, Baekhyun knew that he would probably be a poor bumbling mess and never be able to properly communicate or hold a conversation with Chanyeol.

His cellphone rang just then, saving him from his embarrassing imagination.

“Hello?” he answered.

It was Jongdae on the other line, but as a certain forlorn Sehun was still sulking nearby, he refrained from saying Jongdae’s name aloud.

“Hey, Baek!" Jongdae’s voice chirped excitedly from the other line.  "This is going to sound weird, but I think I just saw your hot childhood friend walking around on campus!”

Baekhyun didn’t hear anything after that as his phone had fallen to the floor.