Chapter 1

Wow, What Happened to You?

Baekhyun sighed in relief as he checked over his final grades for the semester.  A's and B's weren't so bad a thing, especially when he originally thought that he was going to fail all of his classes.  For the first time in a long while, he decided to check up on what the rest of the world had been up to while he was MIA with school.

 

"What the - when has Kyungsoo been in a relationship and why did he not tell me?!  Who is this 'Kai' guy?!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he looked over a couple of pictures.  He was rather good-looking though...  Congratulations, Kyungsoo.

 

The tell-tale blip of a notification sounded and Baekhyun saw that someone had just sent him a friend request.  There were times when Baekhyun was a little wary of people on social networking sites, but he saw that he had at least two mutual friends with the guy so he added him without much thought.

 

"Oh wait, maybe I should have looked at his profile first before I added him," he said a second after clicking the add button.

 

It was upon looking at a pair of quirky ears and a wide smile that Baekhyun got a revelation as to who this stranger was.

 

"No way!  Park Dobi?!  Park Chanyeol?!"

 

Baekhyun wasn't sure if he should be amused that his telltale features stayed the same or be relatively impressed that he matured fairly well with them.  Another notification blip sounded off and Baekhyun saw that Chanyeol had just sent him a message.

 

hey!!!  remember me?!  :D

 

Baekhyun could almost hear the loud laugh of Chanyeol from the past.  He couldn’t help but wonder how Chanyeol’s voice sounded like now.

 

wahh heyyy it's been a while!  ^^

 

Baekhyun made an unintelligible sound when he pressed the ‘send’ button.  Hopefully his reply didn’t underline his true thoughts that were more like ‘woah you got really hot over the years’.

 

hahah yeah we're grownups now!

 

Baekhyun squirmed in his chair with each reply.  How was the protocol for reuniting with an old childhood friend supposed to go? 

 

Luckily the front door handle clicked open, signaling that his roommate Tao had just come back from the store.

 

"Taozi, help!  I'm being awkward on social network sites again!"

 

Baekhyun heard a soft sigh and the sound of slippers dragging across the floor behind him.

 

"Well at least you're actually being social for once," Tao pulled up a chair next to Baekhyun and passed him a bottle of water.

 

"Who's Park Chanyeol?" Tao popped open a bag of chips open and looked over the conversation that was on the computer screen.

 

"Old childhood friend that was dorky and cute but now has an added hint of y to him," Baekhyun went to Chanyeol's photos and showed Tao a couple of pictures that he thought portrayed his explanation perfectly.

 

Tao hummed a small sound of approval and Baekhyun felt a tiny sense of pride that he knew Chanyeol before glorious puberty had hit him.
 

"Oh hey, did Sehun upload those embarrassing photos he took of you from noraebang this past weekend?"

 

Tao munched on a chip and nearly choked when Baekhyun suddenly turned around and screamed at him.