Chapter 9

Doll For Sale
Please log in to read the full chapter

***Luhan POV***

“Just set up the boxes in the back room,” someone tells me.

I grab them then set them into their places. I look around and notice the room is dirty. I grab the rag from by back pocket. I dust off as much dirt as I can. I suddenly hear a noise at the door. I walk over to it and try to open it. Something stops it from opening.

“Madam is here!” I hear someone outside yell.

They’re probably forming up by now. To do this, they must really dislike me.

I sit on top of a dirty stool and wait for someone to open the door. I don’t mind waiting.

“Luhan?” Madam calls out to me.

“Oh Madam! Look there’s a chair propped up against that door,” a guy yells.

I see his shadow through the blurry window. He takes the chair away then opens the door. I keep my head hanging down. I’m in a lower position then Madam. The sound of her heels clanking on the ground reach my ear. They become louder as she gets closer to me.

“Luhan, why are you in here?” she says while caressing my face.

I don’t reply to her. She lifts my head to face her. Her smile grows. Madam isn’t old. She’s in her late 30’s yet she looks like a teenager.

“What to do?” she says. “We’ll just have to fire the person who did this to you.”

The crowd of employees crowd around the door. I ignore them and only focus on Madam.

“That seems like the right thing to do. No one messes with my most valuable possession,” She says out loud.

She lets go of my head. I go back to looking at the ground.

“Let’s go Luhan,” she says while linking her arm around mine.

The cluster of people becomes two long lines with enough space to walk through them.

“Bye~ Get back to work. Remember to please the ladies men,” she waves at them.

Everybody’s eyes remain glued to us. They’re probably thinking she’s playing favorites.

Madam up the steps to her living area of the building. Only some people can step inside. She sits down on a chair and tells me to sit.

“A little birdy asked me something really interesting today,” she says. “Do you want to know what it was?”

“I would say no, but it looks like this is the reason why you brought me here,” I reply.

She smiles then giggles. “Oh~ I love this side of you! The ‘doll’ everyone sees is really a sharped-tongue person when you get to know him. Tell me Luhan, why do you let them do that to you?”

“You know very well,” I reply.

“I guess. But is that the way to reply to your  Noona?” she asks.

“No,” I tell her. “Madam, what was it that you want to tell me? Couldn’t you have told me later?”

Madam gets up and stares at me. “I told you to call me unnie! Call me Madam when I’m in the store. It was just like yesterday when I picked you up off the streets. I’m so young so you can’t call me ‘umma’ so remember to call me ‘Noona’. Also I had the cleaner clean your room so you better be cooking tonight.”

“Ok… Get to the point ‘Noona',” I say rudely.

“Tao, that really good looking boy, came by. Oh gosh he’s really attractive. I wonder why he keeps denying my offer. Luhan do you understand that Unnie really w

Please log in to read the full chapter