Final

Rap Lesson: Chanyeol

Chapter one: Final

 


 

       

"Sing the rap part again."

You then did what you have told, but before that you took a deep breath before continuing.

[EXO - Baby don’t cry (rap part)]

" Neomeojyeodo geumajeodo neol wihaeseoramyeon gamdanghal teni

Uh, daesin nareul julge birok nal moreuneun neoege

Don`t cry, tteugeoun nunmulbodan chadichan useumeul boyeojwo baby,”

"Stop."

You stopped yourself from singing, you know the problem. It was you again, but you don’t want to give up. You wanted to be a rapper just like your Idols, it was your dream since you were a kid and you’ll do everything to make it real. Now, that you are a trainee in SM Entertainment, your dream is now easy to reach. You just have to work harder.

"We can’t do it like this. You’re a good singer but rapping really d—"

"I will not give up, I won’t give up. I really want to be a rapper and no matter what, I will try… I will practice more—"

"But you’re not the only one trainee here Minjung-ah, we also need to train the other."

"But, please just one more chance, I will practice harder."

"You know that pressuring yourself will be bad for your vocal cord."

"I know but I can’t just stand here, I will practice harder. Please, just one more chance."

You stated already begging, the vocal teacher just sighed.

"Okay then, but I think you need someone who can accompany you, the one who can teach you."

He said rubbing his chin, he nodded then snapped his finger.

"Let’s go."

He said standing up, you looked at him confused.

"Where are we going?”

He turned around then gestured you to get up, so you did. He walked out of the music room and you followed him. Passing door by door you noticed that you both were heading to the EXO’s practice room, your heart starts to beats faster than it used to as you were get closer and closer to your sunbaes. You will also have the chance to see your crush, the one who encourage you more to become a rapper.

"Seonsaengnim, are we heading to EXO’s practice room?"

You asked just to make sure and he nodded, you widened your eyes and bite you lower lip, getting nervous and nervous. I’m going to see Chanyeol.

"Don’t worry, they’re good guys."

"I know, I know!"

You countered slightly shy. When you both reached the door of their practice room, you took a deep breath and then your vocal teacher knocked on the door. You can still hear the growl playing on the background, they are indeed practicing. The door flung open and you both went inside. You bowed showing your respect. They all stop dancing then look at your direction, or maybe not.

"Seon-saeng-nim!”

They all shouted in chorus, you released the air that you thought you were holding as they all run towards to the music teacher. They cheered as they gathered around him.

"Whoa! Whoa~ Boys, be careful."

The music teacher warned them as he stumbled backward.

"What brings you here, Mr. Kim-ssi?"

Suho asked as he sat on the floor then he glanced at you. You smiled awkwardly then bowed mouthing “hello sunbae”.  He smiled back that made you ease a little. You are still not comfortable around them since you never hang out with them considering that they debuted before you enter the company. You just greeted each other whenever you crossed directions with them. Just a simple hi or hello and then you both will walked away.

"Well…"

The trainer looks around.

"Where’s Chanyeol?"

Your eyes then searched for the tall guy.

"He went to the restroom because he ate a lot today."

Baekhyun answered then looks at your direction.

"You’re one of the trainees, ne?"

You smiled then nodded.

"Ugh, my stomach seri—oh? Seon-saeng-nim!”

The tall guy shouted then run over to the trainer hugging him tight.

"Hey, human-sized puppy."

Mr. Kim said, he pulled away then the tall guy smiled from ear to ear.

"What is it ahjussi?"

The music teacher chuckled then asked him to go out. They both went outside as you stood there, stiffened. You felt like crying as they all stared at you. They don’t eat people, aren’t they? You thought.

"Don’t worry, we won’t eat you. Go easy on yourself."

Xiumin said laughing, you smiled awkwardly. Feeling a little ease.  They asked you some random things when the music teacher commanded you to come out, after excusing yourself to them, you went out.

"So, go easy on her. She really needs your help."

The tall guy smiled widely then looked at you. You gasped, knowing that you’ll be having an alone time with your crush.

"You really want to be a rapper?"

You nodded shyly then he chuckled.

"When should we start?"

"If you’re free, tomorrow maybe?"

The music teacher stated, the tall guy smiled then nods.

"I’ll see you tomorrow then."

He said before entering the practice room. You smiled as soon as his figured disappeared. You looked to your music teacher then bowed.

“Thank you for helping me seon-saeng-nim.”


"Can you say ‘S’?"

"eth"

He laughed that made you pouted. You’re really having a hard time pronouncing some of the letters.

"I’m sorry, you just sounded like Sehun."

You smiled awkwardly. I know that already.

"Is that an insult or compliment?"

He laughed again, you don’t know how many times he laughed at you this day. 'Am I that funny?' You thought.

"You’re so straight-forward. I like it."

You blushed a little but you kept your front.

"I’ll take that as a compliment then."

"Yeah, sure."

He said laughing again, you gone pissed and decided to confront him.

"Are you just going to laugh at me for the whole day?"

"Whoa! Whoa~ Chill, relax."

He said raising his both hands.

"Sing this again."

"Eodukeomkeomhan gothongui geuneul wi ibyeorui muntheoge naega muchamhi"

"Stop, try it again.”

You nods then pronounced the word again and again until you got the correct pronunciations.

Months had passed and you know you were quite improving and that was because of Chanyeol. You know how hard it was to teach you, yet he wasn’t complaining or giving up on you. He was there teaching you, telling you your wrong then corrects you. You somewhat kind of liking him to the next level, but you know that’s not even necessary.

"Let’s continue?"

You nodded then he showed you his goofy smiled that made your day lighten up, you wanted to impress him. You wanted to show him that all his hard work was worth it, you wanted to amaze him by your talent. You wanted to show him that you’re a talented girl, you just simply want him to know that he didn’t waste his time on teaching a girl like you. You took the song sheet it and then sang, and when the rap part was second ahead you simply took a deep breath then start rapping along with it, as the song ended the tall guy clapped his hand.

"You still have wrong pronunciations but all in all, you were good. You improved a lot, just a little more push and you’re on."

He said then went out of the music room. You felt a little bit sadness since you haven't perfect the song yet, but just like what he had said, at least you improved a lot. You then went outside to follow him to thank him, but you see no sign of him, so you walked towards to the EXO’s practice room. As you walked to that direction you heard a voice right before the practice room.

"She was bad."

You knew that voice, so out of curiosity you eavesdropped.

"I know."

"She was not good and her pronunciation was bad. I don’t know but—"

Your tears start to fall then you run away. You didn’t know that he was just lying a while ago, your heart ache a little.

"If I were that bad, he must say it to me. Why does he need to said that I’m good and improving if I was no good after all."

You said as the tears keeps falling, you were about to leave the building when you remember that all your stuff was still inside the music room. Wiping your tears away, you find the courage to walk back to the music room to at least take your things.

"Oh, hey Minjung-ah! Where have you been?"

He said smiling as you entered the room, you smiled bitterly.

"Is there any problem?"

He said scooting over you, you avoided his gazed. He tried to grabs your hand but you immediately pulled away,

”Minjung-ah, what’s wrong?”

He said as you took your bag.

"Chanyeol-sunbae."

You stated, he looked at you signaling you to go on and continue your sentence. You took a deep breath then talked.

"Why?"

You asked bitterly. You bit your lower lip to prevent yourself from crying.

"Why? What? I don’t understand."

"Why do you need to tell me I’m good if your true impression was I’m bad at rapping after all? I might take it when at the very beginning you said that I’m no good but pretending and acting like you we’re amazed, that hurts me, a lot."

You said as you cry, you can’t take it anymore.  He looked at you confused.

"What? What are you talking about? That’s true that you amazed me."

"Stop lying, I heard you talking to Mr. Kim a while ago.  I overheard it."

He laughed. Wow. Thank you!

"Did you hear it all?"

"Yes, I heard it all."

"I’m surely you don’t"

"What?"

"I told Mr. Kim that at first you were bad as in bad at rapping but I’m telling you I also told him that you improved a lot. You were good, you just needed some practice and you were good and ready to go."

"Liar."

He chuckled then held you hand, you’re about to pulled back but he tightened his grip.

"If you eavesdrop make sure to let them finish first before walking away, misunderstanding ruins a lot."

He said pulling you close to him, he hugged you. You froze, your heart was racing at the sudden touch. He pulled away then cupped your face.

"You cried? You now had puffy eyes, don’t you know?"

You were still shocked, you mentally slap your face for not letting him finish.

"Yah! Minjung-ah, I’m asking you."

"Yes, I though you sai—"

"I did not, so stop crying okay? I’ll be here for you, I’ll guide you and when the time comes promise me you’ll rap with me… on stage."

You simply nod then he kissed you on your forehead making you as red as tomato.

"Cute."

He said pinching your cheeks.

"I think I need some coffee."

He blurted.

"Let’s get some."

You invited, he smiled then you walked first towards the door. He simply smiled then run over you grabbing your hand, intertwined it with his.

"Your hand was so soft, I’m addicted to it. Just like how I’m addicted to you."

He said the last sentence in a very low voice so you couldn’t understand it.

"What did you say?"

He showed you his goofy smile then chuckled.

"I won’t repeat it again."

He said running out of the building, you tilted your head confused but decided to follow him.

“Ya! Wait for me!”

You shouted.

 


 

I did edit some part. Thank you for reading! ☺

 

SUBSCRIBES, COMMENTS AND UPVOTES ARE ALWAYS LOVED!