Baby's Room

Baby's Room - Namjoon

Sunday mornings were the best! Getting to sleep in and staying in your pajamas all day! With your belly now growing, you knew you had only a little bit more time to get the babies room ready. With Namjoon’s day off, you both had decided to do that baby’s room today. The painting and assembling was just fun for you, the designing was one of your favorite things to do but you didn’t have time to do it often.

Namjoon came out of the bedroom, shuffling over to you on the couch as you munched on an apple. Resting his head on your shoulder, you smiled at his tired figure.

"You know I can do the room by myself if you are too tired for it." You played with his messy hair as you pushed the hair out of his face.

"No, I can’t have you do that. What if you hurt yourself. I will do it." Namjoon sat up and pretended that he was awake before a yawn escaped from his mouth.

"Mhmmm, I want to, I have done the plans and everything. Plus I am not that pregnant yet.” You got up and showed him the plans as he looked over them carefully.

"Looks like we have a lot to do then." He smiled at your thoughtful plans and ideas. "But you have to rest."

"Watch me." You threatened as you grabbed the boxes and moved them into the already painted room. Opening the boxes on the ground you began to assemble the changing table for the baby as he walked up and leaned on the door frame.

"Jagi, please." He knelt down next to you wanting to beg for you not to do this but you weren’t listening. Handing you the next piece that you were looking for he stayed silent as you tried to figure out how to put it together.

Getting it together finally, you looked at your wobbly changing table as your tears began to sting with tears.

"I can’t do this, I should have listened to you. I am just useless." You said quietly as Namjoon looked at you shocked at your change of mood. Quickly getting to his feet he wrapped you in a hug as you cried on his shirt. Petting your head gently he held you close.

"Don’t worry, we can try again." He tried to reassure you, "But maybe can I can help this time?" Your head rose at his words as you wiped away your tears gently nodding.

"I just want the best for the baby." More tears fell as you gripped his shirt.

"I know you do, and I do too. So lets make this the best baby’s room ever ok?" He rubbed your back gently as you nodded.

Taking down the already built table, you both put it together as you watched him twist in the screws and make it as sturdy as he can. Resting your head on your hand, you began to fall asleep as you both were now working on the crib. Namjoon gently rubbed your back waking you up.

Nodding you got up and walked to the bedroom as you laid on the bed and took a couple hour long nap. Namjoon worked diligently on the crib and the rocking chair as you slept. Moving the furniture to where you had it on your plans, he cleaned up the tools and boxes as he wanted to make a good impression for you. 

Waking up from your nap you went into the room to see what he got done. The light yellow color on the walls contrasted perfectly with the white crib and the rocking chair. Gently sitting in the chair, next to you on a little table was your plans and on a sticky note in Namjoon’s handwriting he had: I know you wanted to finish this, I just did the major stuff, please put your flare to it. I know it will look beautiful when you are done with it.

Looking up from the note you looked around and discovered that it looked exactly like your plans. Putting your hand over your mouth Namjoon came in and leaned against the wall.

"Thank you." You breathed as you rocked in the chair gently.

"You are so welcome. I am sorry that I got mad at you before. I just don’t want anything to happen to you or the baby." He walked over to you and took your hand in his.

"I know, I am sorry too. I am not the best handyman but you did a fantastic job." You kissed his hand gently as he knelt down next to you.

"Baby, I hope you can hear me. I love you and so does mommy. This room is yours and I am sure you will talk to mommy on how to decorate it for when you come." He gently rubbed your tummy and you smiled.

"I think the baby likes it, because it was all built by their daddy." You smiled as you both spent the rest of the afternoon together. Reading books to the baby and decorating the room together.