*Bonus* Special Chapter - Luhan & Soyoung's Sleep Over

{Special & Bonus Chapters} JUST Common Sense

 

 

 

 

Right when Soyoung received his text about waiting in front of the door for the past 2 minutes, she ran out of her room and zoomed down the stairs.

*Why didn't he knock?! Mom and dad aren't even home!* She unlocked the door quickly and whipped it open as the cold wind hit her face.

To be honest, Winter was pretty with snow. It would have been ugly if it weren’t for the white snow. Without snow, Winter is nothing but a cold and heartless season.

“Luhan!” Soyoung shrieked, half excited that he’s here, yet, quite angered because he didn’t knock and waited for some minutes in the cold snow.

He was shaking as his hands were in his jacket’s pockets. He wore a pursed grin.

“Hey,” he greeted quietly.

Soyoung felt quite bad. From the looks of him, she could tell that he had been sleeping. He would have still been asleep if she didn’t text him. Maybe he’d still be asleep if he ignored her text instead of answering a, ‘Yeah, what’s up’. Aside from his sleepy state, he had his bed hair that never fails to make him look good.

She frowned slightly before quickly pulling him inside. “Gosh, you’re so horrible,” she muttered before shutting the door. “Why didn’t you knock?”

“Aren’t your parents sleeping?” he wondered as he took off his jacket and hung it on the rack.

All he had on underneath that was his gray tank top, in which didn’t fail to show his muscular figure. Then there were his sweatpants. This was his usual sleeping wear. Well, at least when he comes over, it is. Soyoung knew that if it was just him and the guys, the shirt was a no-no and would've been thrown away. Luhan had told Soyoung about the fact that he doesn't sleep with his shirt on, but for the sake of a female being in the room with him, he wears one.

“No,” she answered immediately. She walked passed him and went to sit on the couch as Luhan followed, seating himself next to her. “They left for Beijing three hours ago.”

“Beijing? Why are they there?” he pondered before turning his body slightly to face her.

Soyoung shrugged. “Business again, maybe.”

Luhan nodded. *The usual.*

“So, why did you tell me to come over?” He got to the point.

To be completely honest, her urgent text had scared him. For some seconds there, he had thought that she was in some kind of danger, then he remembered. Soyoung is Soyoung. She can take care of herself, especially if she’s home.

“I was bored,” she told the truth, in which the guy gawked.

Bored?” he gaped at her. “You were bored?”

“I couldn’t sleep!” she stressed. “And so I texted you.”

Luhan gave her an ‘are-you-kidding’ look. “I was sleeping, you know?”

“Then why did you come?” Soyoung laughed it off. As if she didn’t know. Tsk. “You should’ve just ignored my text then, or at least say that you're sleeping and will text me tomorrow.”

“I thought it was something important,” he whined, his lips forming a slight pout.

“Hmm, you sure didn’t sound tired in your texts though,” she reminded him returning his ‘are-you-serious’ look back at him. The reminder didn’t fail to bring a soft grin to the male’s face.

“Just wanted to tease you,” he chuckled lightly. “At least it entertained you, right?”

“Not even at the least,” Soyoung rolled her eyes before giving him a slight nudge. “Let’s go up to my room. It’s warmer in there. I have an extra heater in there.”

She got up and went up the stairs. Luhan followed her.

“So am I sleeping here tonight?” Luhan yawned as he plopped himself onto her bed.

Soyoung took a seat by his lying figure and looked down at him as he closed his eyes, relaxing on the bed that smelled of Japanese Cherry Blossom, his favorite scent on a female. He was fond of that scent. He adored that scent. He loved that scent.

“I guess,” Soyoung nodded, “Since you’re tired and it’s freezing outside. I doubt you’d want to go back out there.”

“You’re right,” he admitted. Luhan kept his eyes close.

As tired as he was, it was hard for him to fall back into his sleeping state. He’d love to fall asleep and enter dream land again, but he couldn’t. And as of now, he wouldn’t. Soyoung had called him for a reason, and that reason had to do with him being awake. If he were to sleepw now, wouldn’t she be bored as ever? Then there’d be no use of him being here in the first place.

Even if he was tired, it was hard to fall asleep. Why?

Because she was here with him. Because Soyoung’s presence was here next to Luhan. It was comfortable, yes, but it was too overwhelming to be asleep right now.

Sure, this isn’t the first time that he’s slept in her room, nor is it the first time that they shared the same room to sleep. It’s not even the first time that she had texted him to come over in the middle of the night just because she was bored. In fact, it has happened many times before. And every time that it has happened, Luhan never found a time when he wanted to sleep through it.

He had always enjoyed times like this with her, and he was sure she did too. He always wants to stay awake with her and make her laugh and make her smile. Because whatever happens when they stay up like this, on nights like this, she never fails to amuse him.

Scratch that, it wasn’t just nights like this. It was every single time that they’re together, she never fails to amuse him, and that was why he never does mind spending time with Soyoung. In fact, he loves spending time with her.

In the past, when they weren’t so familiar with each other, Luhan would never admit that he liked the time they spent together, but now was different. Now, they were familiar with each other. Now, they were both comfortable with each other. Just like best friends. Now, it was safe for him to say that he loves spending time with her. But that was something he would only keep to himself.

“Are you tired?” Soyoung asked, never taking her eyes off of him, and Luhan could feel her eyes on him too. It was obvious. She was obvious.

“You woke me up just minutes ago. What do you think?” Luhan yawned once more. Even though his eyes were closed, he could see her smile. He could see it in his mind, the way her lips would curve up slightly. And with just that small thought of her smile, he knew exactly what she was going to say next. *And you’re not sorry for doing so.*

“I’m not sorry for waking you up,” she replied curtly, in which he grinned.

She was obvious. Too obvious for him. It was times like this that made him feel as if he knew her in and out. It was times like this that made him feel like he had won the lottery. He loved the times like this.

“I know,” was all Luhan said. Because he knew. He really did. “And I’m glad you’re not.”

Again, he could see her soft smile that crept up onto her face. Then he became clueless.

What was going to happen next?

Soyoung was obvious, yes, but not predictable. Luhan knew how to differentiate the two perfectly. And he only came to know how to differentiate the two because of Soyoung. He came to know when he met her, because that was exactly what she is. Obvious, but not predictable. That was Soyoung.

And like he had thought, she did the unpredictable. It was obvious that she would do the unpredictable, but it wasn’t predictable on what the unpredictable would be.

Before Luhan could open his eyes, he felt soft lips land on his cheeks. Before he could open his eyes, he felt soft hair linger over his face and the smell of Japanese Cherry Blossom was stronger than ever.

And before he could open his eyes, her lips came off of his cheek, no longer on his skin.

And when he did open his eyes, it was too late to see that beautiful face up close. Now that he had opened his eyes, he could see Soyoung’s smile, soft as ever. That was the type of smile he loved. That was the type of smile that he was biased for, coming from Soyoung, and he had to admit, he was glad that that soft smile was caused by him.

“Good night, dummy,” she whispered, her smile still hanging on her face.

Luhan cracked a gentle grin.

It was the first time ever that she had given him a peck. Heck, that was the first time she had ever placed a kiss on him. Even he hadn’t done so to her before. It surprised him on the inside that she had done that, but on the outside, he acted as if it didn’t matter. Because it didn’t. He was fond of Soyoung and Soyoung was fond of him.

“Why 'good night' already? Didn’t you tell me to come over to entertain you?” he questioned her.

Soyoung shrugged. “I did, but you’re tired, so even if you want to entertain me, you’d do a horrible job at it.”

“And how are you so sure?” Luhan challenged.

Soyoung could hear the challenge that he had put forth and she could hear the smirk behind that challenge. “Because you’re Luhan.” And that answer that she gave didn’t fail to make herself laugh.

It was adorable. Luhan found that extremely adorable and it cracked him up as well. The answer had amused him, because now, he was dumbfounded. What was he supposed to say?

“That’s an invalid answer,” Luhan found himself saying.

Soyoung rolled her eyes. “You just can’t accept the truth, can you?”

Luhan chuckled. He loved these small moments they had. “You told a lie, not the truth.”

“Look! You’re in denial!” Even though she had tried to stay serious, the smile that hid behind her weak mask came out gorgeously and it didn’t fail to make his heart skip a beat.

Only in denial for you, baby,” Luhan cooed before breaking into another round of laughter. He could see the scowl on Soyoung’s face.

“You are disgusting,” she scrunched her nose before slapping my arm. “'Baby' my .”

“Awe, love, don’t be embarrassed,” Luhan continued to play around, only to earn another smack.

As much as Soyoung disliked the fact that Luhan would playfully use those nicknames on her, she couldn’t help but smile through it. She knew he was only joking. She knew that he was just playing around, like how he always does.

She knew that he always does that for jokes, but she hated it at the same time.

He was so careless of using those words that sometimes, it hurt her to hear it. He didn’t know. He doesn’t know, and he probably will never know how much those words can hurt her. She will never tell him and she would just smile through it all. It brought smiles and laughter to Luhan, and that is always a good thing. If it does, she’ll continue to just smile through it.

“Gosh, you are impossible,” she laughed it off.

“Yes, I am. I’m-possible,” Luhan joked once more. “You know, your comebacks are really lame and easy?”

My comebacks are lame?” Soyoung scoffed. “Hold up. Let me take my phone out and show you how lame your comebacks are-- ”

And before she could take her phone out from her pocket, Luhan reached up and stopped her from doing so.

“No!” he chuckled with a shade of embarrassment. He knew that she knew that his comebacks were lame. Cheesy. Pointless. And at most, random. And his actions this very second showed much more than words. Because this action of his showed that he knew that she knew that he knew how much more lame his comebacks were.

“Why not?” she challenged with a smirk.

“Because,” he released his hold on her wrist, “I don’t want to die from seeing your lame comebacks.”

Soyoung gave him an ‘are-you-serious’ look which caused the uproar of laughter from the male. The look on her face priceless.

“You just don’t give up, do you?” she shook her head in dismay. “To think that you weren’t like this when you first came back from China.”

The memory caused him to stop his laughing and focused on the past.

He remembered clearly when he had returned to Seoul for good. There were good memories, yes, but he never thought of the good ones before the bad ones. The bad memories when he came back wasn’t all too bad, but it was horrible enough. The bad memories of almost seeing Mei Lien lose her life, if it wasn’t for Soyoung herself, the girl that Luhan probably owe his life to now. Yet, if it wasn’t for that almost-tragic-accident, they wouldn’t be where they are today.

“You’re zoning out,” Soyoung brought him back to earth. Soyoung knew what he was thinking about and didn’t hesitate to brush his hair up and away from his forehead. “You’re here to entertain me, not zone out on me.”

That didn’t hesitate to bring him back to why he was here in the first place. Luhan was thankful towards her. He was always thankful and even now, Luhan was thankful. She always knew what to say to make things as they are and not awkward. She always knew how to bring that smile to his face.

“Sorry,” he apologized before sitting up. “Didn’t you say ‘good night’ to me already though? So if I were to sleep, that wouldn’t be zoning out.”

“Oh, so now you want to sleep?” Soyoung gave him a punch in the arm. “Stupid. Go to sleep then.”

She was about to get up and go turn off the lights for the sake of Luhan, but was quickly pulled down once again.

“Where are you going?” Luhan frowned as he saw that she was going to leave.

“I was going to turn off the lights,” Soyoung stated the obvious.

“Why?” Luhan’s frown remained.

“What do you mean ‘why’?” Soyoung laughed. “I was going to turn it off so that you can sleep.”

Luhan was never the type to sleep with the lights on. In fact, he hated the lights on when he sleeps. It was annoying and it always bothered him. If the lights aren’t off, Luhan wouldn’t sleep. He just couldn’t, and that was where his stubborn side kicked in.

“Didn’t you tell me to come over to entertain you?” He voice sounded hurt, yet, it sounded tired. He was tired, and at that moment, 'tired' was all that rang in Soyoung’s head. Luhan’s tired.

“You’re tired,” Soyoung said so, as she did earlier. “And I’m tired too,” she lied. She knew that it was the only way Luhan would sleep. He would only sleep if she sleeps. She knew Luhan.

“You are?” Luhan raised his brows.

Soyoung nodded. “I am so let me go turn off the lights so we can sleep.”

“But I’ve barely been here for more than 30 minutes.” Luhan’s puzzled expression was priceless. The way his lips pouted were crazily alluring, but Soyoung wouldn’t make it obvious that she liked it.

“I’m suddenly tired,” Soyoung spoke. “Maybe I just needed some assurance that I’m not alone. You’ve been coming over way too much that it makes me feel better when someone’s with me.”

Her words didn’t fail to make Luhan grin. “I knew it. You missed me,” Luhan smirked but was only shoved.

“You are seriously unstoppable,” Soyoung rolled her eyes. “Now sleep. I’ll be back. I need to go wash up.”

Before Luhan could protest, Soyoung grabbed her towel along with some clothes and left the room after turning off the lights.

The lost presence of Soyoung in of the room made Luhan feel a bit… empty, but he coped with it as he sighed and slipped under the covers.

 

 

 

When Soyoung got back from showering and drying her hair in the bathroom, she found Luhan fast asleep on her bed, leaving enough room for one more person. Leaving enough room for Soyoung. She softened at the sight.

Luhan really was different when he’s fast asleep.

Soyoung hung her towel to dry and went over to the bed, hovering over Luhan.

*He’s so stupid. Gosh, Luhan, if you were tired, you shouldn’t have come over in the first place.* A smile was plastered on Soyoung’s face before she brushed his bangs away from his forehead.

He liked it when she did that. Luhan told her once before about it. He told her that it somehow calms him and he liked it when she brushes his hair upward. Since then, Soyoung would do that to Luhan at any given time when she felt like it because she knew he likes.

“Good night, dummy,” she whispered. Soyoung walked over to the light switch and turned off the lights before walking over to the bed in darkness, letting aside the moonlight that shown through the doors that led to the balcony.

She slipped under the covers next to Luhan and got comfortable.

This was the usual. When they slept at each other’s place, they would sleep side by side like this. At first, it was weird and awkward and at most, they hated it. But somehow, just somehow, they had grown used to it and now, they didn’t mind it anymore. If any, they only improved on liking it. It was comfortable.

Soyoung to her side as her back faced Luhan. With her eyes closed, she breathed evenly in and out, wanting to drift off to dreamland now that her entertainer wasn’t necessarily an entertainer anymore, but a lazy who was fast asleep.

As she was close to drifting off to dreamland, the unexpected happen. She felt Luhan shift under the covers, but that wasn’t what surprised her. What surprised her was that Luhan had inched closer and wrapped his arms around her waist, his right arm hung over her waist and pulled her in close. That was a first, ever.

As she thought that he was just probably unknowingly doing this, he snuggled against her and whispered her name. Immediately, Soyoung tensed.

“Soyoung,” Luhan whispered, “Good night and sweet dreams, beautiful.”

She was caught off guard. *Is he asleep or not? Is he just sleep talking?* Soyoung asked herself as she was still tensed. All of this was a first. In all the times that they’ve slept over at each other’s place, Luhan has never done this before. Never before had he ever sleep talk, nor did he ever wrap his arms around her.

Is he asleep?

Soyoung got her answer, when she felt soft lips on the back of her neck, ever-so-gently.

“Did you know that it’s supposed the man who does this first?” Luhan chuckled lowly, and because he was so close, Soyoung felt the vibration from his chest transferred to her back.

“You’re not asleep?” she squeaked, afraid to turn her head to face him. Her face was getting hot. No, scratch that, the room was getting hot, but it was comfortable.

“I was,” Luhan replied honestly, “Then I felt the lights turn on.” He laughed once more, causing a smile to spread across Soyoung’s face. "You smell good."

Of course. She should’ve known that the lights would wake him up.

“When you came closer to the bed, I thought that you were going to take advantage of me in my sleep,” Luhan joked as he had whispered into her ears.

Soyoung immediately grew red. Thank goodness the lights were off and she wasn’t facing him. She pulled her elbow back and elbowed Luhan’s guts. In return, Luhan crunched over in slight pain, only to hold onto Soyoung tighter.

“I wouldn’t do such a thing, even if I was payed billions of dollars,” she responded.

“Sheesh, woman! I was only kidding!” Luhan chuckled before shifting in his spot and scooting away from her.

“Go sleep, Luhan,” Soyoung commanded, not even glancing back at him.

Luhan softened before settling down. “Okay, okay.” But before he could truly get comfortable, he went closer to her once more, putting his arm around her waist, again. He wanted to laugh as he felt her tense under him, again, but held it in.

“Good night, Soyoung, and I’m for real this time,” Luhan whispered gently into her ears.

And thinking that he would just leave it at that, Soyoung relaxed. “Good night to you too, Luhan.”

She had expected that it would just end like that. She thought that tonight would end just like that, but she was wrong, because she was brought back and away from dream land when she felt Luhan move once more.

It bothered her, because she thought that he really meant his words. Seems like she was wrong, because it seemed like Luhan still wanted to play around.

“Luhan, what are you--”

She was cut short from the gentle lips that landed lightly on her cheeks. “Sweet dreams, Younggie,” Luhan whispered against her cheeks before he settled down again and his arm not loosening its hold on her waist.

Soyoung was left speechless. This time, it wasn’t her who was unpredictable. This time, it had been Luhan and she wasn’t sure whether she liked it or not. All she did know was that it was comfortable as of now and she will be sleeping better tonight. Despite the fact that Luhan was cuddling with her, Soyoung's heart was beating way faster than it normally would. But again, it only did so when she was with him.

Soyoung knew it was wrong to feel this way for him. She knew she shouldn't be feeling this way for him. She knew it was wrong to feel so joyful with his arms wrapped around her waist as he snuggled against her. But tonight, just for tonight, she'll enjoy it. Just for tonight, she'll acknowledge her feelings for the clueless best friend of hers. Just for tonight.

*Good night, Luhan, and sweet dreams to you too...*

 

 


 

(JUST Common Sense)

Author's Note:

This isn't just for the sake of more interaction between the two, but also FOR CELEBRATING THE FACT THAT THIS STORY HAS A BIT OVER 50 SUBBERS!!! That's not a lot, but to me, it really is, so I wrote this for you guys and was inspired by some anime pictures that I came across. They were cute & this scene just came across my head so yeah. I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did writing it ;)

Tell me what you guys thought of this chapter! If there's enough good comments for this chapter, I might keep it up on the story here, or make it a side one-shot as another 'story' so others can view it :)