Sometimes Weird is Better than Normal

Gege, Let Me Love You!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C H A P T E R  6:
Sometimes Weird is Better than Normal

 

“Krystal Jung, just sit tight and let me choke you,” Jamie hollered under her breath.

     “If you’re not lazy enough to get off your seat,” replied her best friend who was munching on fries on the floor while flipping through a magazine.

     An audible groan came from Jamie as she slouched in her bean bag. A very interesting dinner had just taken place in her house, and somehow, without herself knowing, she had gained a new pet rat name Mr. Panda, and apparently the rat itself looks like a panda. According to her subconscious mind, that is.

     And now, she needs to find a rat that looks like a panda.

     “It wouldn’t have been that bad if you had just agreed to taking lessons with me,” said Krystal. She propped herself up from the floor and brought her magazine to the bed. “Think about it, Jamie. Three hours a day to watch Huang Zitao in that dashing martial arts robe? It’s worth the money.” She wiggled her brows. “Well, it won’t just be us three. Apparently your mom decided that your brother actually takes lessons, too.” She smirked. “I so wouldn’t mind it, though.”

     Jamie was torn between whimpering and vomiting again. She had already seen her brother in a martial arts robe once in grade school when he took taekwondo lessons. It wasn’t a pretty sight, to be very honest, and that was actually how he got into basketball instead.

     She let out a loud sigh and crossed her arms. “If I say I’ll do it will you stop wiggling your brows?”

     “Aww, so you do love me.”

     Jamie rolled her eyes.

     Krystal was beaming. “Mr. Panda said that lessons’ll start as soon as we sign up, so probably means we’ll get ahead tomorrow afternoon.”

     Jamie winced. Lessons will no doubt be painful, mentally and physically.

     “What’s wrong?” Krystal asked when she saw her friend being oddly possessed, lips pursed tight, hand rubbing the stomach.

     “Nothing,” Jamie answered. “I just feel a little queasy.”

     Krystal cocked her head sideways. “You feeling okay?” she asked.

     “Not after tomorrow’s first lesson, I’m not.”

     “Come on, you’re being such a baby! You’re supposed to be jumping around in your room, not slouching. And, hey, I already signed Mr. Panda’s name on our list.”

     Krystal brought out a book from behind her back. It was the girls’ pink book of names, one that only the two of them know of. Not even Mr. and Mrs. Wu had figured what those teenage girls had been up to, and till now they have no idea of the contents that had been filled within that small book.

     Jamie heaved another sigh before speaking. “It’s just that— Krystal,” she said, her voice lowered, “we’ve never actually approached any guys. Until now.”

     Krystal nodded. “True.”

     “All we’ve ever done in Boy-scope is observe.”

     “Is that why you’re so nervous?”

     “Nervous? Who, me? Pshh.” The ‘pshh’ was a little exaggerated, to the point where Jamie had a hard time rubbing it off.

     Krystal lifted her brows, leaning even closer till her shoulder brushed her friend’s. She had a merciless look in her eyes. “Are you sureee?”

     Pushing Krystal’s head away with her palm, Jamie groaned, “Shut it,” to which Krystal ended with an evil snicker that said she was hardly going to let it go.

* * *

 

The next day, Jamie needed a big push.

     “Jamie, let go of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter