Prologue

The Scions

P R O L O G U E

They shall come back. For now, they need to be safe.

Echoing in his mind were the words of the man he most honored and respected, the man he vowed to keep safe above himself and his own life. King Yuan trusted him as always, but he knew that the mission he was in was more than an honor of chivalry. It was for the safeguard of Planet Nari. 

The king's last words, he knew, were of wisdom. 

Hiro was his name, Nari's greatest wizard. For years, he devoted his skills for the preservation of what used to be vivid tranquility in all lands of Nari. Yet in the most dreadful circumstance, it was disrupted. Harmony was evoked.

Carried in his arms was a lightweight woven basket, enveloped with a magic only a gifted bearer as he was could hold. It shielded and kept safe the scions, Nari's future.

As written in the Great Book of Foreseen Destinies, four Narians would redeem their home: the bearers of the gifts of healing, psyche, motion and fire. One of which was the King's child, one that has been kept secret even to Hiro.

A loud sound shook the ground, signaling the wizard that it's time. The plague enchantress Giya, yet again broke into a nearby village. Nearer and nearer she comes, ready and powerful enough to destroy every Narian against her plans. 

Gripping on his wand and sensing the needed spell to himself, he took one last look around the place he puts before his life. 

Nari, my home, farewell. 

It was as if he knew that he might not possibly be back. As a matter of fact, that was almost in certainty. He will be using a forbidden magic to get the scions to the only safeguard of Earth. Using such magic would entail the banishment of his wizardry and entry to Nari. 

Farewell. The scions will come back in the future and carry with them my hope.

- - - - -

The crisp air of mid-afternoon in earthly time sphere caressed Hiro's skin. The heat prickled on its surface, revealing the reality embedded on the thick texts he read about the Planet Earth. He placed the basket on an old wooden surface and opened it, staring at the four breathing infants. Three were asleep, while one was awake, looking back at Hiro with eyes which seemed to ask him a storm of questions.

"We've arrived, little one." His deep voice stilled the infant. "You're safe, just as your father want you to be." 

Yes, one of the scions was the king's child. It was kept as secret even to the wizard council until Hiro was set on a mission. Nobody knew who the royal was, except for him. Nobody knew about the bronze emblem encrypted on the infant's forehead -- one that could be seen only by King Yuan, Hiro and another fated Narian only time could tell. 

They were inside an old isolated house, with cobwebs, cracked walls and creaking wooden floor. It was dimmed until a swish of the wizard's wand flicked the lights which eventually steadied with another spell. 

Silence filled the room, but it never lasted.

...because the earth was filled with human nature: greed, pride, love and anger. 

As the last page of the Great Book of Foreseen Destinies tell, "They, too, shall divide and  wander. When the elemental abilities they posses grow into tress from the roots of Narnian destiny, a new one will be redeemed--one still unforeseen."

But the fair King Yuan, as wise as he may be, failed to set his eyes on the back of the great book. Four fated Narians, set to a destructive beauty. Betrayal, greed, fear and melancholy shall their plague be. One will die. Another will wither. The other will bear fruit. But only one will remain as scion.