Chapter Sixteen

Just Be Yourself
JBY - 16: Contract
 
The eight girls dispersed; Gigi and Amy pretended to be window-shopping, Ellie zipped her hoodie over her face and walked out casually, Wendy and Jennifer went back to her job, and the last girl picked up the newspaper, clucked her tongue and left. Patricia and Scarlett stood before L.Joe and Ricky respectively.
 
"You finished signing, oppa?" Scarlett asked.
 
Ricky nodded and handed back her album. "You guys danced well."
 
"I don't know what you are talking about," Scarlett replied.
 
"Just then..."
 
Scarlett shrugged and bowed respectfully. "Thank you, oppa."
 
-
 
Patricia smiled at L.Joe. "Oppa, sign it quickly."
 
"Are you friends with Gigi?" he asked instead of signing.
 
"I don't know who Gigi is, oppa." Patricia innocently batted her eyelids. "Sign, please."
 
L.Joe sighed. "Okay, okay."
 
Patricia bowed and scurried after Scarlett.
 
-
 
The eight girls met Benny and Bella at the rendezvous point a while after. Bella squealed and clasped her hands together. "You were great!"
 
Unflawless grinned and the two adults could tell that they could not contain their excitement or, as most people would say, their feels.
 
"The fansigning event is nearly over," Benny informed. "You can meet them then."
 
The girls squealed and Bella waved goodbye, saying she had someone to meet.
 
-
 
"Mirkyung..." a voice breathed and the said girl was engulfed in a hug.
 
"Oppa." Bella smiled and the boy let go of her and spun her around.
 
"How have you been? Did you get a job? Were those girls yours?" Bella's oppa bombarded her with questions.
 
"Calm down, Andy." Bella grinned and hugged the man back.
 
"How can I? It's been so long," Andy refuted.
 
Bella laughed. "I know. A bit too long."
 
The two stared at each other for a moment, enjoying each other's presence. Their reverie was interrupted by the sound of a camera click. A fangirl had taken a picture of Andy.
 
"We should probably go to a place more private," Bella pointed out.
 
Andy nodded. "We should."
 
"There's a quiet cafe not too far from here," she suggested.
 
-
 
The two entered the cafe which could not be more deserted. Everyone was probably at the fan meet or in the shops around it. They seated themselves at the table and offered coffees.
 
"So, oppa," Bella started. "Here's the new song I wrote."
 
The girl handed over the sheet music and Andy grinned as he looked through them. "Looks promising."
 
"I know you wanted something a bit like 'Rocking', but you know that's not my usual style."
 
Andy shook his head. "That's fine, Mirkyung. This is good."
 
The younger female grinned. "So how has your life been?"
 
"Good, good." Andy nodded slowly. "Nothing too exciting really. You?"
 
Bella took a sip of her drink that had just arrived. "Same here."
 
Andy and Bella chuckled. "Our lives are really boring."
 
"Anyway, what I really came here to discuss. How about the contract with Unflawless? Are you going to do it?"
 
"Well, they are definitely talented. Also, you were the one who trained them, but would it be worth it?" Andy thoughtfully rubbed his chin.
 
Bella scoffed. "Of course they are. You said so yourself; I'm training them and they are talented! What more do you want?"
 
"Well, they live in America. They are young and still go to school here and it is troublesome to work with." Andy listed off.
 
Bella pouted in thought. "I could send four maximum to Korea...the other four can get a personal trainer here?"
 
"Why four?"
 
Bella answered, "The leader, main vocals and main rapper probably are the only ones able to go."
 
"Hmm... The main of everything, huh? Sounds a bit like a sub-group."
 
"You don't do sub-groups," Bella deadpanned.
 
Andy grinned. "I don't do girl groups either."
 
"Touche." Bella grinned as well. "It doesn't matter. Just consider it. For me, okay?"
 
Andy sighed and pulled out a formal looking contract. "For you." And he signed it.
 
Bella squealed. "Thanks oppa!" She gripped the contract close to her heart. Now all she needed were the signatures of the girls' parents.
 
-
 
Bella and Andy walked (or in Bella's case, was pushed in) to the mall after a whole hour of friendly chatter and laughter.
 
"I missed you, Mirkyung," Andy proclaimed out of the blue.
 
Bella nodded. "I missed you too."
 
They reached the area where the girls were waiting.
 
"Where's Benny?" she asked.
 
Jennifer pouted. "He went back to his job because its real so he has to do it and he's getting paid, unlike us who had fake jobs, still had to do it and didn't even get paid."
 
Bella laughed. "I know. Sorry about that. I was trying to make it realistic."
 
Wendy sighed dramatically but didn't say anything.
 
"Anyways, there's someone I want you to meet," she said in Korean. "This is Lee Andy, Producer of Teen Top and he's just signed the contract for you guys!"
 
The girls' eyes widened and they jumped to hug him. "Thanks so much, Andy oppa!"
 
Bella smiled. "They like you already."
 
"I did give them the chance to debut," he stated with the girls still hugging him.
 
There was an awkward sounding cough and everyone stopped what they were doing to observe the newcomer.
 
"Benny!" Bella called the young man over.
 
He grinned and hugged his girlfriend. "I missed you."
 
"It's only been one hour," she said in between kisses.
 
"Even one second is too long."
 
The Unflawless girl gagged. "Too. Much. Corn."