Number One Fan

Number One Fan

 

 

 

You were in deep sleep when your phone rang harshly. You rejected the call not bothering to look at the screen. You were just too sleepy to care. Seconds after, your phone rang again. You finally answered with an irritated ‘Hello’.

“Jagiyaaaaaa~”, you heard your boyfriend. He sounded so happy. You glanced at the clock and it read 2:12AM.

“Why are you calling at this time? Aren’t you supposed to sleep?”, you groaned.

I got accepted at SM Entertainment. Can you believe it? I made it!”, he really sounded happy. But why aren’t you? Why can’t you be happy for him?

“Oppa, I didn’t know you auditioned. Congratulations!”, you said trying to sound happy. But being the best boyfriend that he claims to be, he noticed the sadness in your voice.

“I’m sorry I forgot to tell you. Are you mad?”, he asked.

You didn’t know what to say. Why were you disappointed?

“No, I’m really happy for you.”, you lied, thankful that he believed.

“I just called to tell you that. Go back to sleep. I love you.”, he said sweetly.

There was silence.

“I said I love you.”, he said sounding hurt.

“I love you too, Park Chanyeol-ssi”, you laughed.

 

 

You never got to see him after your phone conversation. The text messages and calls are lessened. Right. This is the reason why you can’t be happy for him. Were you being selfish? No, you can’t be selfish. This is his dream. You have to understand him. You have to support him.

 

 

From: Park Chanyeol ♥

I need to tell you something. Meet me at the park. 4pm

 

What would he possibly say? You glanced at your clock. It was already 3:47pm. You quickly changed into something decent then ran to the park as quickly as you can. As you arrived at the park, you were greeted by tons of roses and balloons. You were mentally self-debating because you were not sure if this was for you or you just walked in on a couple’s anniversary date. You just stood there for a good few seconds when you suddenly felt two long arms on your waist.

“I missed you”, you heard a deep voice from behind. You already knew who he was.

“Why are you being sweet? You’re not usually like this.”, you asked playfully.

“I just missed you”, he said seriously. This is strange. He was rarely serious.

“So what are you going to say?”, you asked him.

“The roses and balloons….. I bought them all for our next anniversaries. For your birthdays that I’m going to miss.”, he said.

“What do you mean?”, you asked.

“I’m going to debut in a group called EXO. We can’t be together anymore. I’m sorry.”, he said tearing up.

“What do you mean we can’t be together?”, you asked crying.

I’m sorry.”

That was all he said. How can he be so selfish? He was only thinking of his future. You were so mad. But you have to understand him. You love him too much that you had to let go.

 

 

 

 

April 08, 2012

You managed to squeeze yourself through thousands of people. This is the day. Park Chanyeol is going to debut as EXO-K’s Chanyeol. You could only be proud at him, forgetting all the pain you felt when you two called it quits. You were now completely happy for him. Happy for both Park Chanyeol and EXO-K’s Chanyeol.

Few weeks after, you attended his fan signing event. You were nervous, but he was more nervous than you were. You knew because his expression shows. You thought you’d breakdown when you see him up close. You were surprised that you only smiled at him, handing him the album. He just smiled back and signed your album. Wait, he didn't just sign your album. You knew he left a message. It took too long for just a signature. He smiled at you again, this time, he smiled brightly. Walking away you smiled with tears in your eyes. Tears of happiness.

 

To my number one fan,

Please wait for me <3