Deleted Episode

Gokusen 3 Remake

Deleted Episode

I flushed the toliet for the 20th time. I looked in the miror to see that I was pale. My hair was a mess, and I looked horrible. I called Yamato.

"Moshi moshi."

"Hey Yamato, it's Heza. Listen, I'm not going to school today."

"Are you okay? Do you need me to come over?"

"No, I'm fine. I think I just caught some kind of bug. Can you please tell Yankumi that I'm sick and that I'll hopefully be at school tomorrow?"

"Sure. I hope you get better and remember if you need me, I'll skip and be right there."

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye bye."

"Bye bye."

I hung up and poured me a glass of water. I sipped it looking at my calendar. Today was circled in red. It was like that so I wouldn't forget. Which was kinda pointless. How does a child forget the day her parents were murdered. I placed my glass down and put my hand on my forehead. I wasn't running a fever, but I was throwing up all morning. Maybe it's just nerves because of today. Yeah, it's just nerves. I mean, what else could it be? I laid down in my bed and drifted off to sleep.

Dream

I was sitting with my parents in our house eating dinner. I was only four at the time so I was sitting on bunch of phone-books so I could reach my plate. I was telling them about my day at the Kazama's.

"And I hit a homerun Mama," I threw my hands up in the air knocking my cup of juice over, "oops."

Mama and Daddy laughed as Mama cleaned up the mess.

"Really? Did Ren hit any homeruns honey," Daddy asked as he poured me more juice.

I shook my head, "no, but when I hit the homerun, the ball flew through the air and landed on some boy's head."

"Is he okay?"

"When I asked him, he said he was, and then he just walked away," I explained.

Suddenly the bell rang.

"I'll get it.

I jumped out of my chair and made my way to the front door, but I was pulled back by Mama.

"Get somewhere safe," Daddy whispered to Mama.

She took me down in the basement. She placed me in a small space behind the stairs. She told me to stay there and to be quiet. She made her way up the stairs and closed the door. It became pitch black. I hugged my legs and listened. I didn't know what I was listening for, but that's what I did for what seemed like days. Then I hear it. 6 gunshots. I hugged my legs closer. The basement door opened, and from where I was sitting, I could see someone's feet coming down the stairs. The person began to look around. The person turned to where the light from upstairs showed his face to me. He was a young-looking man with a scar that went from his right eyebrow to the left side of his chin. I held my breath as he looked in my direction.

"Their brat's not down here," he yelled walking back up stairs, "must be at a friend's house. Let's go."

The basement door closed leaving me in the dark. I didn't move. I couldn't move. Even though I was four, I knew. Somehow I knew that my parents were dead and that man killed them. The basement door opened again, and I heard a familiar voice.

"Heza?"

"Kaoruko," I said loud enough so she could hear me.

She ran around the stair and knelt down to me with her arms out.

"It's okay sweetie," she whispered, "come on."

I slowly crawled out and into her arms. She picked me up and walked up stairs. I buried my face in her neck when the bright light hit my eyes. She held me closer. I peaked through her hair to see two puddles of blood. I buried my face in Kaoruke's neck again and cried.

"Shh," she my hair, "it's going to be okay."

As she walked away from the house, I lift my head and screamed.

"Mama!"

I shot up and looked around. I was back in my apartment. I sighed. I would start having those dreams the day of. I got up and went to my kitchen. I fixed some soup so I wouldn't upset my stomach. Thankfully, it worked. I took a shower and got dressed. I walked out of my apartment and locked it. I walked around staying clear of the school area. I kept walking until I found myself in front of Yankumi's house.

"Oh, Saitou-san."

I looked to my right to see Tetsu-san walking with grocery bags.

I bowed, "ohayou, Tetsu-san."

"It's one in the afternoon, Saitou-san," he corrected.

"I'm sorry," I scatched the back of my head, "I haven't been feeling well lately," I suddenly felt like throwing up, "can I came in and use your bathroom?"

He saw me holding my stomach and quickly led my inside to the bathroom. After a few minutes, I came out.

"Are you okay, Saitou-san? Do you need a doctor?"

I shook my head, "no, I'm good. I need to go. Thank you for letting me use your bathroom."

Before he could say anything, I walked out and went to the cemetary where my parents were buried. I sat down in front of their graves.

"Hey," I sniffed, "I know I haven't visited in a while, and I don't have an excuse. I have a boyfriend. His name is Ogata, Yamato. He's a great guy and a real bad boy. You probably wouldn't like him, Daddy. I bet you want to kill him and me for what we did a couple of weeks ago," I laughed, "I love him, and the thing is, it's not puppy love I feel with him. It's real. The kind of love I saw in Mama eyes when she looked at you, Daddy, and the same thing goes for when Daddy looked in your eyes, Mama. I couldn't imagine my life without him. I hope me being with him makes you guys happy."

I spent a few more minutes sitting there talking to my parents. I started to walk around again so I wouldn't have to go home to my quiet apartment. I found myself in front of my old house. It was run-down and the roof was caved in, but I still recognized it. No one could sale the house thanks to the incident so everyone left it there to rot. I made my way inside being careful of the rotten wood and missing floor boards. I slowly walked through the house to the basement. I crawled under the stairs and hugged my legs like I did all those years ago. I closed my eyes. I could still hear the gun shots. I couldn't help but start crying. Suddenly my arm was grabbed. Thinking it was the man who killed my parents, I started to struggle.

"Heza, it's me. It's Ren."

I opened my eyes to see Ren kneeling down like his sister did when she found me. I crawled back out and hugged his neck.

I sniffed, "how did you find me?"

He hugged me close, "I remembered what today is. I'm just sorry I made you go through today alone."

He got me on his back and carefully walked. When we got out, we were met by Yankumi and the others.

"Saitou, what were you thinking," Yankumi lectured, "first you tell Ogata you're not feeling well then you walk around town and go into a house that could've collapsed on you."

I didn't meet her eyes, "gomen."

She sighed, "at least you're safe."

I buried my face in Ren's shoulder as he walked to Yankumi's house. He sat me down in their little garden in the middle of their house. I sat there as he walked off. After a few minutes, Yamato came and sat down by me.

"Ren told us about your parents," I didn't say anything, "Heza? Heza, please talk to me. I want to help."

I remained silent. Sighing, he got up and left. It started to rain so I got up and sat down in the doorway away from everyone. I watched as the beated down on the plants. I didn't pay attention to anything else. The next thing I knew was Ren trying to feed me some soup. I shoved his hand away, but he kept on trying. Finally, I knocked the whole bowl out of his hands.

"You're being a spoiled brat, Heza," Ren yelled.

"Kazama, let me try."

Ren moved to let Yankumi sit in his place.

She gave me a sad smile, "I know what you're feeling, Saitou."

I glared at her, "so you know how it feels to have sat in a dark basement while your parents were gunned down. News flash, Yankumi. You don't know how it feels. I heard not one, not two, but six gunshots as I sat there waiting for my parent to come down stairs and get me so we could continue eating dinner," tears started to rolled down my face, "you don't know how that feels. None of you do!"

"Saitou...," Yankumi sighed, "you need to let go of the past and move on. How do you expect to have a bright future if you're stuck in the past?"

I stood, "I'm going for a walk."

"But it's still raining," Ichi pointed out trying to stop me, but I walked out.

"Heza!"

I ran down the street getting soaked in the process. I heard the guys calling my name, but I didn't stop. I looked behind me to see they weren't following. I looked around. I was back in the cemetary. I slowly made my way to my parents' graves again. I sat down and started to feel sick again. Oh no, not now. My vision started to get foggy. I collasped while trying to keep my eyes open. I my back. The rain started beating down on my face just like those plants at Yankumi's. I closed my eyes.

"Heza!"

I felt my body being picked up and engulfed in heat.

"Heza! Please open your eyes! Please!"

Soon the person's voice disappeared. I opened my eyes and saw darkness. I started to shake in fear. A woman's laugh broke through the darkness.

"That's right. You're afraid of the dark."

Suddenly my surroundings became white, revealing a beautiful woman a few feet in front of me.

"Mama!"

I ran up to her and hugged her. She patted my back.

"Yes, I'm here," she pulled away, "and your daddy says hello. He would've been here, but only one of us could come and talk to you."

I sniffed, "talk to me?"

She nodded, "yes. We don't like how you've been living your life lately. Your teacher is right. You need to let go of the past and start walking towards your future."

"But...I can't just forget you guys."

"We're not asking you to forget us," she laughed, "what kind of parents do you think we are? We just want you to move on from what happened. You're destroying yourself, Heza, and I know you can see that."

"Is that why I've been sick lately?"

"No, that's because of a different matter," she walked away and stopped in front of a huge lake that wasn't there a few seconds ago, "look in the water, Heza."

I walked over and looked in the water. At first, it just showed my reflection, but then it started showing the times I spent with my parents.

Mama smiled, "look at that little girl and how happy she was. You know I haven't seen her this happy until recently.

I tilted my head at her, "huh?"

"Look."

I looked back at the lake to see me and Yamato talking on the roof. The scene changed to when the first time he walked me home. I smiled at the scene when he asked me to be his girlfriend then blushed at the scene in my apartment. The last scene was of us kissing in front of the class after we proofed he was innocent.

Mama started to speak, "you know, seeing you like that, I have no doubt you can let go of the past and start a future. A future with that boy, Yamada..."

"Yamato," I corrected.

"Whatever, the point is," she took my hands, "you need to move on, and if you really love this Yamato, you wouldn't make him cry."

"Make him cry?"

She pointed to the water. What I saw broke my heart. Yamato was crying in the rain holding me. He was screaming for me to open my eyes, but my body didn't move. He kept telling me how much he loved me.

I started to cry, "Yamato..."

"Go to him," Mama whispered in my ear, "oh and by the way, you were right. Your daddy wanted to kill you both for that night of passion, but I can see how much you love each other so I've got your back," she winked.

I laughed. She kissed my forehead then pushed me into the water. It was like I was a brick. I just kept falling and falling. I closed my eyes then opened them. I wasn't in the rain anymore or with my Mama. I was in a hospital bed. I started to sit up, but a sharp pain shot through my body.

"Just lay back down, Miss. Saitou."

I looked to my right to see the doctor Yankumi had a crush on, Natsume, smiling down at me. I laid back down.

"What happened?"

"Well, your boyfriend found you in the cemetary in the rain, and you've been asleep for a few days," he explained, "you passed out due to lack of nutrition."

"Lack of nutrition?"

He started to check my chart, "yes, it's common for nutrition level to drop when you eat for one when you should be eating for two."

"Eating for two?"

He smiled, "congratulations, Miss. Saitou. You are officially a few weeks pregnant."

I froze. I was pregnant? So that's what my Mama meant. Oh no. I'm not ready to be a mother, and Yamato...how is Yamato going to react? Will he be happy or pissed?

"Miss. Saitou," I turned my attention back to Natsume, "your whole class is here to see you, but we can only let one in at a time because too much commotion is bad for the baby."

"Right. Could you call Ogata, Yamato in. I need to talk to him."

"Okay," he walked out.

I slowly sat up ignoring the pain. How was I going to tell him? I can't just say you're going to be a father as soon as he walks through the door. The door opened and in walked Yamato. I screamed in my mind to tell him. Come on Heza, say something.

"Hey."

Idiot.

He sat down in the chair beside my bed, "hey? That's all you've got to say? I thought you were going to die."

"I know..."

"No, you don't know, Heza. You ran out in the damn rain. Why don't you think before doing something?"

"You're one to talk. What about...," I didn't finish.

I grabbed the trash can beside my bed and threw up. I felt Yamato hold my hair back and rub my back.

"Did they find out what's wrong with you? Why you're so sick," he asked handing me napkin from his pocket.

"Yes, they did. Yamato...I don't know how I'm suppose to say this."

"What are you trying to say?"

I took his hand and placed it on my stomach. He looked at me confused. He looked at his hand then his eyes widened.

"You mean..."

I nodded, "we're going to have a baby."

He didn't say anything.

"Yamato, please say something."

"I need some fresh air," he stood and walked out.

I closed my eyes. He hates me now, and it's all my fault, but then a yelled sounded through the hospital.

"I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!"

I laughed. Natsume ran in.

"Is everything okay?"

"Everything is wonderful."

Right then and there I vowed to let go of the past and look to the future.


I was finally let out of the hospital and was aloud to go to school the next day. Yamato and I hadn't told anyone yet about me being pregnant. We waited until after Yankumi took roll. I raised my hand.

"Yankumi," everyone turned to me, "Yamato and I have an announcement for the class."

She smiled, "okay. Come on up."

I took Yamato's hand and walked to the front.

"Okay before we announce anything, Ren has to promise not to freak out or kill anyone," I said.

Ren looked at me suspiciously, "okay."

I smiled, "great. Now let's see...um...how should we say this?"

"I know," Yamato walked up to Yankumi and whispered in her ear.

Her eyes widened, and she froze.

I facepalmed, "really?"

"Just watch, in five, four, three, two, one."

Yankumi started jumping up and down. She ran up to us and hugged us. She turned to the others who were very confused.

"You guys, how does it feel to be uncles, especially you five," Yankumi pointed to our group in the back.

"Huh?!"

She started to daydream, "I'm going to have another grandchild."

"Grandchild?!"

Being the smartest of the group, Ichi jumped up first.

"Heza's pregnant," he yelled.

Ren shook his head, "no way..."

"Ren."

He looked at me, and I nodded.

He jumped back, "eh?!"

The others jumped up cheering. The whole class swarmed us asking questions.

"Sit down," Yamato yelled over them, "crowding is not good for the baby."

As the others went back to their seats, Ren walked up to Yamato.

He held out his hand, "take care of her."

Yamato took his hand, "always."

I smiled at the exchange. Ren then turned to me and smiled.

"I'm going to be an uncle. I'm gonna be an uncle."

Kamiya put his hand on Yamato's shoulder, "and you, my friend, are royally..."

"Kamiya," Yankumi yelled putting her hand on my stomach, "not in front of the baby."

The class nodded, "yeah, not in front of the baby."

I laughed. That night, we told Yamato's mother about the baby. She was surprisingly happy. I thought she would be mad because we weren't married and stuff. She even started to hum while she was cooking dinner. As we waited on dinner, we went to Yamato's room. I was laying on his bed while he finished his homework.

"Hey Yamato," he looked up at me, "who was your first love?"

"Huh," he got up from his desk and leaned on the bed, "what kind of question is that?"

I shrugged, "just wondering."

He got in the bed and laid down beside me, "I would have to say it was this girl who I met when I was four."

"When you were four?"

"Yeah," he laughed, "it was funny too. She hit me in the head with a baseball."

I sat straight up, "now that's just weird. I remember when I was four, I hit this boy in the head with a baseball. Was it you?"

He smirked, "funny little world, isn't it?"

My jawdropped, "you knew?"

"Like I'm not going to recognize the girl who hit me in the head with a baseball," he sat up, "but yes, I knew it was you. I recognized you the first day of freshman year, and you stole my heart all over again like you do now everyday."

I hugged him, "you're so cheesy."

"I guess I've become a cheesy guy. You kinda bring that out in me," he pulled back, "so who was your first love?"

"Well I was a Daddy's girl, so it was my Daddy," I smiled sadly, "I even told my Mama that I was going to marry him when I got older. He was my bestest friend besides my Mama."

Yamato smiled before leaning down and kissing my belly, "if you're a girl, I hope I have the same relationship with you that your mommy had with her daddy, and if you're a boy, I promise to be a better father than mine ever was to me."

I ran my fingers through his hair as he kissed my belly again. He sat up and kissed me.

"And I promise to be a better man towards you than my father was to my mother."

"You already are," I kissed him again.

I was moving forward, and it was all thanks to one person. Thank you Ogata, Yamato for being my reason.