06

Warm Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~   Hyeji P.O.V.

 

     The next time I woke up it was when I realized almost nobody was in the warehouse anymore. To my surprise, a guy who introduced himself to me as 'Sangdo' brought me food. I wasn't sure if he cooked this himself because there was no kitchen to be seen--but it didn't matter, I had a nice meal. "So where you from?" He asked me. I swallowed my food before answering him. "Gyeongju." I said. He smiled jubilantly when I said that, speaking to me with a bright smile, "Oh that's a really wonderful place. I remembered living there with my dad for a while until I was five--then he had this big job and moved us to Seoul. He was always a scary guy but unfortunately he passed away four years back."

     "Oh--I'm sorry for your loss." I said, but Sangdo shook his head. "No--I don't mean to be mean or to disrespect my dad, but he was a bad guy. He never took care of me--beat me everyday when he'd come home drunk because I was helpless, so I ran away when I was twelve. Rather than feeling sad and broken how a normal family member would, I didn't cry when I was told by some woman who beared a daughter of his, he passed away. The last thing he told me was 'I could just throw you out of my life like my ex-wife', that's what still upsets me til this day...and I was never told who my mother was. So now I'm here, living in this place with my friends, questioning how my life would be if I had a mother."

    I felt kind of upset after hearing him tell me that. His father was really mean to him--who would beat a child? "Your home is now with your friends--don't be sad because it happened, smile because it did. Otherwise you would've never met anyone from Topp Dogg...I mean you are happy here with them right?" He nodded his head, "You're a really smart girl, I bet everyone in your family adores you." I shook my head, "Nah, they're more on the 'you must run a company' type of parents--but I'd do anything for them, even my step-dad...but just like your father, he passed away too. But he was really great--I consider him the best dad because he raised me."

    "I'm sorry for your loss." he said. "Yeah." I replied. "All this talk about family is making me tired--and jealous because of yours. Wait til your mother finds out you're living with a bunch of gangsters--company CEO here we go." He said sarcastically. I smiled--he was a funny guy even though his exterior said otherwise; like he would break your bones if you didn't say something right. "Sangdo right?" I asked. He nodded his head and continued to eat. "You're the first person I'm telling this to...but I came to Seoul for a reason." He turned full-on attention to me, waiting for me to continue, as if I were some narrator in a story.

    "I came to Seoul looking for my brother because my mother asked me to. She knows his name but she never told me fully--but anyways I need your help. She described him like this; early twenties and goes to S.U.P.A., but the first day I came, There wasn't any time to begin searching for him." After I finished, it took him a few seconds to reply, "Woah um...take that back a bit? Why can't your mom tell you, the majority of students there are in their early twenties, and you couldn't even have found him on the first day anyways--Rome wasn't built in one day you know?"

    I blew on my bangs and said, "My mom has Alzheimer's disease--she know his name, I know she does--but she just can't remember it. I know there's a lot of people there--that's why I'm asking for help! And lastly, what does Rome have to do with any of this?" He nodded his head like he understood me this time and said, "Oh...your mom...I hope she gets better--I'll be happy to help you, and about the Rome thing? I was saying it'll take a long time trying to find him." "It's okay, and thanks too--if you have class today then that's when we could start." I said. He sighed, "Actually no...I have to go with Hojoon somewhere tonight...." "Hojoon? To where?" I asked, realizing he wasn't in the room when I woke up. "Earlier Hojoon asked me to go somewhere tonight. He just went to go buy some 'stuff'." he said. 

    "Where...where are you guys going?" I asked, "Hojoon shouldn't go--his hands probably hurt from yester--" I cut myself off and got up, leaving my food that I barely touched. Sangdo gave a look, like he wanted to know the rest of what I was going to say. "Before he left, he told me to take care of you until he came back. I know something happened last night, girls dont just get bruises and scrapes okay? I won't ask you what happened though so relax--I'll just let you know that we were all worried--especially Xero, he wouldn't shut up when Hojoon took you to his room like that and cleaned you up.'

'Hojoon did?'

    "He really cares about you, you know? I never seen him actually talk to a girl--we all try and sometimes achieve just one conversation, but Hojoon is like a lost puppy who doesn't know what to do or say in front of a girl. I'm just guessing if he liked a girl and grew some balls to take her out somewhere, he'd take her to some cheesy place just to see her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter