Nerd Love

Nerd Love
Taeyeon's POV
 
 
Hyunjoong was a nerd. He was also really quiet. Still, even though I didn’t know him or talked to him I found myself strangely attracted to him. It made no sense to me.He had a long black hair and wear a thick black rimmed glasses,, and his clothes was always perfectly creased and tucked in the right places. Still, even with all of that I wanted to get to know him.
 
 
“Taeyeon…I would like you to work with Hyunjoong.” My teacher appointed us together for our cooking class.
 
 
-This is my chance… I will get to know the real Hyunjoong.-
 
 
I walked over to his counter and we got ready to make cupcakes.
 
 
“So even though the recipe doesn’t call for it lets sift the flour… I think it will make the batter smoother.” Hyunjoong told me. I smiled and nodded.
 
 
“Sure do you want me to do that?” I asked.
 
 
“Would you please?” He asked me. I nodded and went off to work. At first it was quiet, but I decided maybe I should make conversation.
 
 
“So I haven’t ever really made cupcakes have you?” I asked him.
 
 
“Well I have for my little sister.” He replied.
 
 
“Oh you have a little sister? How old is she?” I asked him.
 
 
“She’s 3…”He told me. I looked over at his face and saw him very concentrated. I couldn’t help but think he looked cute this way.
 
 
“I have an older brother Jaejoong but we don’t talk much since he’s caught up with law school.” I added.
 
 
“He’s in law school? He must be really smart.” He commented.
 
 
“He is but lately he’s be wound up with some girl.” I added chastely.
 
 
“Do you not like her?” he asked me.
 
 
“It’s not that…it’s just…I guess I am jealous.” I confessed. He looked over at me and smiled.
 
 
“Don’t worry…he’ll always love you.” He comforted me. I smiled back at him.
 
 
*he’s so sweet….*
 
 
When the end of class came I felt a little saddened. I really enjoyed talking with him and hanging out with him. I hoped that maybe I could do it again.
 
 
[Lunch]
 
 
I was going to sit with my best friend Minzy but she had a lunch date with her “friend” TOP so I wasn’t going to interfere. I decided to sit in a 2 persons table by the window.
 
 
“Mind if I join you?” I looked up and saw Hyunjoong.
 
 
“Of course not… come sit.” I invited him.
 
 
“My friend TOP had a “date” with a girl today so I didn’t have anyone to eat with.” He explained. I laughed.
 
 
“Yeah he’s having a date with my friend so that’s why I was alone today.” I told him. We both laughed at the coincidence.
 
 
“So tell me… what do you look for in a guy.” He asked me. I was a little surprised in his bold question.
 
 
“Well…I guess he has to be nice, kind, quirky, smart but stupid,and cute..” I listed.
 
 
“Hmm…so that sounds like your ideal type would be a teddy bear.” He smartly commented.
 
 
“Actually… I really like teddy bears…” I told him. We both broke out in to a fit of laughter. At that moment I was the happiest person on the earth. This is how it started and this is how we became so close.
 
 
[At School]
 
 
I walked in to class and immediately looked for Hyunjoong. I couldn’t seem to find him.
 
 
“Looking for me?” I turned around and found a very hot guy. He looked familiar to me.
 
 
“Joongie?” I asked unsure.
 
 
“Yeah, Do you like my new look? TOP said he owed me for helping him pass Math and so he gave me a complete makeover,i cut my hair and took off my glasses.” He told me. I was completely surprised.
 
 
“Wow you look amazing…” I told him. He smiled and flicked my nose.
 
 
“Thank you. You look great too.” He said teasing me. I blushed and took my seat. For the rest of the day girls kept flirting with him and getting close to him. I could feel the jealous rage rise up inside of me. That day I just ignored him completely. We usually walk home together but I just didn’t want to deal with him so I left without him. My phone then started to ring.
 
 
“Yah Taeyeon-ah get home big bro is here...” He yelled. I sighed.
 
 
“Okay I’ll be home soon okay. “ I muttered.
 
 
“I know that tone…what’s wrong?” He asked.
 
 
“Nothing…I’ll tell you when I get home.” I told him.
 
 
“Alright well get here quickly…” He told me.
 
 
“Okay,” I replied and hung up the phone. The next thing I know I’m in the park walking laps around the nearby fountain.
 
 
*Ugh… I just… Why? I mean I saw him first and I wanted to get to know him before all of his hotness was on him and I liked him before his look was all pop star..* I thought.
 
 
“Why didn’t you wait for me taeyeon-ah?” A familiar voice asked.
 
 
“I didn’t think you’d miss me with those mobs of girls following you around.” I told him.
 
 
“Of course I’d miss you. Are you mad at me? You haven’t talked to me all day.” He questioned me.
 
 
“Yeah…I guess you could say I am kind of mad.” I answered.
 
 
“What did I do?” He wondered.
 
 
“Nothing…I just…” I took a deep breath.
 
 
*I guess I should just tell him*
 
 
“I just…I’m jealous because everyone wants to get to know you and be around you. It’s not that I don’t want other people to get to know you it’s just…I donno… I’m jealous when I see you with all those girls flirting and I can’t take it.” I confessed. His face softened and he got close to me.
 
 
“Well if that’s your way of telling me you like me…then I did all of this because I wanted you to notice me taeyeon and I wanted you to know I liked you too.” He added. I hugged him.
 
 
“I always noticed you joongie even before all of this…” I said while touching his hair then pointed at his clothes.
 
 
“So you don’t like it?” He asked.
 
 
“No I do… I just want other girls to know that you were mine first.” I told him. He smiled and gave me a quick peck on the lips.
 
 
“That’s just fine with me.” He confirmed.
*Of course before anything else I had to introduce him to Jaejoong and im sure he would like him and they would get along fine.*