{Finale}

A Mere Dream

It was like how Kim Jongin imagined it to be when he was young; Audience clapping and screaming his name - The adoration of fans.

His manager threw him a towel once he was in his dressing room, "You have an interview later. Here's the question that'll be ask so go practice your answers"

The script was place on top of his table as he sat down. He sighed, he love being famous but the works - it's just merely killing him.

He grabbed the script as he leaned back down the couch.

Why did you choose being an idol?

--
"When I become a reporter the first thing that I'll ask is, why did that person choose his proffesion. I mean, there are lots of other jobs so why that." She nodded before taking a small bite from her apple.

"Shouldn't you let the person introduce himself first?" he gave her a strange look.

"No, because that would be stupid." she nodded once again, "He's famous, the public already knows him. What's the point?" she shrugged.

He gave her a weird menicing look before giving her a gentle ruffle on her hair.

"Weirdo."

"Didn't you want to be an idol?"

"Yes"

"Answer my question" She looked at him with the widest grin he had ever seen.

"I want to be an idol because it's always been my dream to perform in front of the people" he smiled at the thought of his dream.

__

He laughed at the memory he remembered. He found himself lying on the couch.

"I want to be an idol because it's not easy becoming one, it's tiring, and there are those who can never be pleased to what you work hard for, but the thing that makes me want to be an idol is the smiles I see from the audince when they watched me."

What would you be probably doing if you weren't an idol?
__

"Jongin!" she waved at him from a few distant.

She was far away but he sure recognizes that voice specially those pair of crescent eyes and wide smile. It was definitely Choi Jinri.

He chuckled as he jog his way towards her, "What would you be doing later?" She asked while grinning

"Nothing much."

"Can you help me with my dancing? I'm getting behind my groupmates and it's kinda embarrassing if I'll be the reason to hold them down." She sighed in frustration as she messed with her hair.

The older man only laughed as he calmed her hair. "I'll help you okay. No need to make yourself look like sadako"


--

"If I weren't an idol I would probably be a dance teacher." 

He run his hand through his hair. He shooked his head but a wide grin can be seen in his face.

How would you describe yourself?
__

It was their retreat and there was the whole class writing on a piece of paper; writing about how they felt for each other.

They were given 2 hours write and after that long, boring, hand hurting hours he quickly made his way towards her.

"What did you write about me?" was the first thing that came from his mouth.

"The usuals. Annoying and very annoying." she smiled as she walked pass by him patting his back.

Later on the papers that were written for them was given.

Most of what he recieve says "Good dancer and friendly"

Then he opened one paper.

Kim Jongin, the first thing that'll came to my mind is annoying; he doesn't know the word call space and no. He acts all nice to those he's not close with but when you get to know him, ohh be prepared of the non stop bothering you will get - Second is how much of good dancer he is; it's very common to everone how much a great.of a dancer he is. I bet almost everyone told him that, but the thing about what makes his dancing great isn't about his moves or flexibilty, it's about his passion for it. The way he moves, it's just simply beautiful because he pours all of his emotions into it that sometimes he can't handle it much longer - Third, the guy who knows how to make anyone feel better; yeah, he's an but when he's there he'll always be there. He'll make you laugh when you need it, and when you're with him you just feel light for no reason at all.

The letter was supposed to be anonymous but nevertheless he knew who wrote it.


__

He grabbed his wallet from his drawer and there he opened it, he shoved his index finger into a hidden pocket and slid it out with a paper below it. 

He slowly unfolded the letter as he read. It made him smile, it never fail to make him smile. The scent of her still lingered around the letter.

He smiled once again.

Who inspires you the most?
__

His fist contacted a rough wall, his breathes were heavy as an obvious furrow on his brows can be seen.

His anger was stronger that he didn't mind the pain on his right hand; it was bleeding.

"Jongin..." he heard a familiar voice called his name.

Hearing her voice made him calmed down abit.

She took him in her house and treated his wounds on her bedroom.

"Pffft! You became mad because of that?" she said as she wrapped a gauze on his hand.

"I'm having a hard time, all I do is practice!" he gritted his teeth as he spoke.

"And so?" she shrugged.

"I wan't my normal life back-"

"Didn't you want to be an idol?"

"Yes, but-"

"Soon enough you'll be one. Would you just suddenly quit when you're having a hard time? Isn't becoming an idol your dream? Didn't you say you want to see people happy when they watch you perform? Wouldn't it feel nice when you finally say to yourself that you did it! And then you'll go fulfill your other dream." he felt a soft hand squeezed his left hand.

He looked up and saw her smiling ever so softly, "You can do it, I believe in you."

and that's when she started becoming his inspiration.

__

"I missed you. You were my biggest inspiration." he murmured as he sat up. He sighed deeply as a weak smile appeared on his lips.

What was the biggest regret of your life?
__

"Jongin!" She shouted so loudly as she run towards him.

Without a second thought she suddenly jumped on him.

He firmly hold onto her afraid that she might fall. Her arms were.locked around his neck as he legs were wrapped around his waist.

"Someone's happy." He grinned.

"I got into Standford! I'm moving to US!!" she said excited as ever, but it suddenlt died down when she saw the pain in his eyes.

That's when she realized that she has to leave him.

"Congrats" he said softly as he forced a smile.

"I'll miss you." she murmured as she buries her face on the crook of her neck.

He smiled softly as he gave a light kiss on her head, "You'll comeback, right?"

"I will."


__

Jongin took out a ring from his wallet, it has a diamond on the sides.

"Would you be my girlfriend?" he mumbled as he pursed his lips. "I never got to asked that to you." he whispered so lowly.

"My biggest regret was never confessing to the girl I loved."

__

He woke up and checked his phone, hoping that he'll recieved a text from her once she landed.

He did the usual routines he always do during mornings.

He was drinking coffee as he watched the news, that's what he always prefer.

"A plane from Korean Airlines that was on it's way to United States has been reported to have crashed on the ocean. Three has been reported and the other are yet to be found."

Choi Jinri has always been known as the million dollar smile. When you see her smile all your worries will just disappear - many envy her but can never hate her.

Choi Jinri, also known as Kim Jongin's real reason why he became an idol. She gave him the stength and reason to carry on.

Choi Jinri, also known as the girl who died in a plane crash because she wanted to pursue her dreams.

 

End