To Begin . . .

Blind

" Taeyeon ~ , Taeyeon ~ " A woman's soft voice called . I woke up gradually and blinked my eyes . I pushed myself up from the bed . I couldn't see anything . . . I'm blind . 

I sat up straight and reached out . I felt the woman lean forward and let me touch her face . I observed with my sense of touch . Her nose was sharp , her skin was soft , eyes were big and wide , her hair was curly and and short . I let my hands wander to her shoulders and I squeezed gently . Oh this was Nurse Hyori . 

" Oh Nurse Hyori . What are you doing here ? " I asked . There was nothing to see but I could feel her smiling at me . Footsteps were clacking from in front to beside me . She was walking to me .

" It's already morning Taeyeon , it's time for breakfast . " She spoke quietly but in a friendly manner . I heard her set down a tray . I smelled contents of the tray . Fresh orange juice , greasy bacon , scrambled eggs and some toast . My stomach growled impatiently . I felt for a fork or spoon . 

I got ahold of a fork and ate slowly . 

" I'll leave now . See you later Taeyeon . " Her footsteps got more distant and then I heard a door click . 

Yes , this is my life . It's how it's been for 11 years . It was hard during school years especially . I'm in my first year of university now but my classes are at 2:30PM . 

Why am I blind ? I wasn't blind naturally . I gained it from an car accident when . Glass flew into my eye thus why I'm blind . My parents are a different story . They were dead physically but their brains were still alive . I remember waking up and not being able to see anything . I cried for days but then accepted the fact that I was blind . I knew my parents were alive somehow and always asked nurses in the hospital about how their conditions were . My relatives were suppose to take care of them by paying Life Support but I guess they didn't have enough money to do so . My parents passed away on July 4th , 2011 . That day was dreadful . I cried so much . I was 10 by then . I didn't know anything but I figured along the way . From that day , I had to live in the hospital . No relatives would have the time to raise a blind child . The hospital decided to take me in .Nurse Hyori took care of me the most out of all the nurses . She's gentle and very caring . From elementary to high school , she helped me with my assignments when I had trouble feeling what it says . Yes , I can feel words . I got use to it . Nurse Hyori use to walk me to school too . There are schools near Seoul Hospital . There was something I started to do when I was young too . . I started to sing a lot . Everyday , I would sit by the window and just sing whatever song I liked .  I kept singing until now . Never ever stopped . 

Sometimes Nurse Hyori would stop by and just listen to me sing . She said liked my singing and my voice . I was happy whenever I sung . It's so relaxing and expressive . 

I smiled at the thought of singing . I jabbed my fork into some bacon and ate it . 

It was beginning to get a little warm in my room so I got up carefully and went across the room to open a window but not the drapes . I don't like the sunlight much . I don't smile that much either . I just don't feel like doing it that's all . 

I sighed as I got back into bed and ate some eggs . I suddenly felt full and placed my fork on the tray . 

I felt for the digital clock next to my bed . I felt a cold box with buttons . I grazed over the screen and I think it was 8:00AM . I flowed to the bathroom to change my clothes . 

I changed into some long brown capris and a black tank top with a blue flannel over it . I wore my black hightops (converse) . I went over to the window again and let the wind splash my face . I sniffed . The air was fresh , it made me want to go out and explore . 

" May it be a happy day ...~ " I sang staring out the window . How ironic . 

" Opening my eyes , I get to pray every morning . . " I harmonized happily . 

" 'Cause I fear the happiness will might run away . . " The song was Beautiful Restriction . It was one of my favorite songs . 

I had a wooden cane/stick that I had to use to explore other places . It helps me know where I'm going . 

It was right next to my bed , leaning against the wall . I touched it then grabbed it . 

I tapped the floor with it . I heard the echoes . 

Okay , I'm off ! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile , Leeteuk . . . 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Yah ! How many times do I have to tell Leeteuk !?!!! " Dad yelled . I rolled my eyes at his dramatic shouting . 

" I had to do it . It wasn't fair for the other kid . " I crossed my arms and sighed through my nose , irritated . 

" But you can't go around butting into people's businesses and beating random people up ! " I kept my face composed . 

Dad's stressed face was red as tomato . His nostrils flared and eyes were wide /bloodshot . I pursed my busted lips . I winced a little bit at the stinging pain . 

Dad's face finally relaxed a little . He rubbed his temples and then his forehead . 

" I can do whatever I want Dad . I am 21 years old . I think I can handle my life without you butting in always . " I spat at him .

" Why can't you be like your brother and go study abroad ? How come you're so difficult !? " Dad flung his arms and hands in the air frustratedly . 

I clenched my fist , holding back from punching something . He's always comparing me to my bastard of a brother , Kangin . It pisses me off big time . 

" I wouldn't be so difficult to handle if you stopped comparing me to that bastard !! " I yelled in his face .

" That 'bastard' is one of the most accomplished young business men . Even though he's still studying , he's one of the best already . You should be proud to be his brother !! " Dad pointed his sassy finger at me . I laughed . 

" Guess what ? I'm not !! - " 

The door of my room swung open . It revealed Mom . 

" What's going on here ? " She gracefully walked in , with her heels clacking on the floor . She diverted her attention to me and stared at me with a stiff makeup free face . 

" I got into a fight in the streets and the police got involved and stuff . . . " I explained . My mom is scary . So I don't want my getting whooped by her . 

"Why ?? " She probed calmly with a y face . Oh gawd . 

" This guy was being bullied for being a goody two shoes and I stepped in to handle business . " I mentally rolled my eyes . 

" The only business you should be handling is your own . " She said cocking a thin eyebrow . 

" That's it . I can't do this anymore . He's gotten in too much trouble . I give up on him . " Dad left the room . Mom shot me one last glare then left with Dad . 

I grabbed my leather jacket then left in a huff on my motorcycle . 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------