Hello?

Twisted Fairy tales : The Wolf and I

 

 

“Can we take the police car daddy? It’s halloween and I want granny to see my costume!”

The little girl twirled around in her little red riding hood costume which mainly consisted of her mother’s red hoodie that was about three sizes too big for her. Her father smiled and agreed to the little girl’s wishes. Excitedly the girl bounced up and down as she hopped into the car with her parents.

“Do you think granny will like my costume?”

“Of course red, why wouldn’t she?” Her mother grinned at her from the passenger seat. She smiled at her and started to stare out of the window. The girl tilted her head a bit as she saw what looked like to her, a set of huge red eyes.

“My, what big red eyes you have” she whispered to herself and in the blink of an eye, they were gone.

 

Screams

 

Banging

 

Growling

 

She woke up and looked around a bit, only to realize that their car crashed. She had been flung out of the car which in the end saved her life. The car had hit a tree head on.  Looking up, the girl was greeted by a set of huge, red eyes. She pulled her hoodie over her eyes, trying to avoid it’s gaze but curiosity filled her. Peeking from under the red hoodie she found a  black wolf ten times her size staring at her. Flashing it’s teeth it slowly closed in on her. She froze but the beast stopped inches in front of her. The girls green eyes were suddenly met by a pair of blue ones. She slowly reached out toward it but the wolf quickly backed up, shooting her one last look before disappearing into the night.


 

13 years later

 

“Please open your books to page 107” The professor yelled back toward the students from the front of the class. Some of the student’s gave a few sighs but did as they were told. She slowly picked up her head up from her book, taking her hood off, as the classroom door opened. In came a rather adorable looking young man. He looked older than her, but only by a few years. Standing beside the teacher he bowed and she could tell he wasn’t from America. Everyone around started to giggle at him, which made Rima shake her head at them. The boy looked a bit confused and the teacher silenced the class.

 

“Before I forget, this is Kim Minseok. He’s new to this country and baerly speaks English so Red, since you are half Korean I will leave him in your care. Show him around a bit and make him feel welcome here. Okay?” She tilted her head a bit at him but couldn’t help but agree when she saw the guy’s adorable grin. Smiling he took a seat next to her.

“Annyeong! My name is Xiumin! It’s nice to meet you” He stated in korean as he looked at the girl to his right.

“Annyeong. My name is Rima, but call me Red araso?” She replied. His face lit up as she spoke korean and he nodded furiously. Grinning, she moved her book in between the two of them and helped him throughout the lesson translating anything he didn’t understand. After school was over, she showed him around campus, his classes and everything else he needed to know.

Kamsahamnida” He grinned, looking up at the girl. Smiling she shook her head at him.

“Don’t worry about it! I like helping people out plus, I think I’m pretty much the only person willing to help a complete stranger.” She giggled as she looked up at him. She froze as she thought she saw his eye color change from a dark brown to a yellow for a split second.

“What’s wrong?” Xiumin asked, tilting his head at her. She blinked a few times but shook her head at him.

“It’s nothing.”

After school she waved the boy goodbye and made her way back home.

“Mom, Dad. I’m home!” She yelled as she stepped through the front door. Walking upstairs she smiled as she pulled her hood over her head. Rima walked into her parent’s bedroom and let herself fall onto their bed. She looked up at their dresser and found a picture of the three of them, on that Halloween night, and two urns.

“The red hoodie fits me perfectly now mom, see?” She smiled as she pulled the hood from her face.

“Oh, and this new guy joined class today. His name is Xiumin and he’s korean. Since I’m half Korean I ended up being stuck with him. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining or anything. He’s actually kind of adorable….like a little puppy even though for some reason his cute fluffy cheeks remind me of baozi.” She giggled a bit at that though as she turned to lay on her back. Her smile faded a bit as she thought back.

“His eyes though….Ah, I’m sure it’s nothing.” She finished as she turned back around. She could feel her eyes slowly closing.

“How I wish you would tell me that story again mom.” She mumbled as she pulled her hood back over her face and closed her eyes, falling fast asleep.