Oh Brother.

The Maid Of Honor

 

A/N:
 

At last! I've got the guts to update!

 

But I dont think that I'd meet your expectations. Again.

 

So, sorry for the boring chapter!And I hope you'd at least enjoy!

 

(Edited: Images removed)

 

(Sorry for the typos!)

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Chapter 4

Oh Brother.

 

 

 

Dara wished that the ground was wide-mouth opened for her and would willingly swallow her wholly without gagging.

 

 

How shameless of her to act mean and y in front of the owner of the house she’ll be staying at. And the guts she got to sit behind HIS car and make him look like a driver, when it turned out HE’S the owner of the vehicle.

 

 

‘I didn’t know he’s the brother of Chaerin…’ Devil Dara said.

 

 

‘It’s because you never asked in the first place!’ Angel Dara argued. 

 

 

Dara can’t spare Jiyong a look. It seems like she got her neck stiff and rigid from shock and shame.  In the corners of her eyes, she saw him gave a slight nod in response to what Seungri said.

 

 

“I’ll go ahead. I need to be back at the shop now. See you later.” He said afterwards.

 

 

Gathering all her courage, she slowly—very very slowly—turned her head towards him.

 

 

She thought that all she would see was his back, departing from where they are standing. She thought wrong. Instead, when she turned her head to his direction, their gazes meet. And his eyebrows were furrowed.

 

 

He nods at her, and she responded him with a very shy smile. The thing is, because of too much shame, she knew that the smile on her face made her look more like constipated.

 

 

She bit her lower lip.

 

 

“I apologize for Oppa’s actions. It’s normal for him to look like he’d eat you up alive. If he’d ever smile to you or laugh out loud on your joke, then that’s the time you should really be in doubt.” Chaerin said, giving a different meaning on the way she bit her lower lip.

 

 

She just nodded and smiled discreetly.

 

 

“I’ll just follow him out and tell him about our appointment tomorrow. Tart, take care of Dara-unnie, okay? Lead her around and show her the room she’ll stay in.”

 

 

“Tart?” Dara asked Seungri when Chaerin was away from them.

 

 

“Shortcut for ‘sweetheart,’” he said. “I call her ‘sweet.’ Sometimes ‘sweetie,’ and she calls me ‘heart.’ But, to be more unique, it’s just ‘Tart’. Cute, isn’t it?” He wiggled his eyebrows.

 

 

She scrunched up her nose. “When did you start being so lame? Tart? Hello?~” She rolled her eyes. “Sounds like food.”

 

 

The smile on his face was like when he got a brand new robot figure, his eyes dancing happily. He even looked more handsome the last time she saw him. His face showed clarity, like he got no problems in life. Not like her, who went there to solve her own problem.

 

 

He lightly ruffled her hair like he always did when they were kids.

 

 

“Yah!” She slapped his hands away. She was mad and felt so irritated that he seems to be so happy with his Chaerin; that he even told her about the “history” of their endearment.

 

 

“Come here.” He was grinning from ear to ear, and then put his arm around her neck. “You’ve never been in love that’s why it’s easy for you to insult me and think that it’s absurd. But when the time comes that Cupid’s arrow hits you hard, you might be cheesier than I am right now.”

 

 

“Really? But why am I not being cheesy and lame right this moment?”

 

 

Shock was written all over Seungri’s face. “My little sister is in love?!” he asked.

 

 

'Yes. To YOU. Bastard.'

 

 

 “Oh. Please. Little sister? Come on...” she grunted.

 

 

That’s where things get difficult for her. Seungri still sees and thinks that she’s a little kid needed to be taken care of, to be protected and defended, to be pacified, and to be escorted when going out just because her aunt won’t allow her if she’s not with him.

 

 

He just laughed, hard. “Hey, don’t try changing the topic! So, who’s the unlucky guy?”

 

 

“Someone who’s so insensitive he cant even figure out his own feelings. So in a way, you’re right. He’s really unlucky. It’d be his loss if he’s too late to know it and I grow tired of waiting.” She hinted.

 

 

But he didn’t get what she was talking about. He clicked his tongue. “Wow! What does he want you to do then? You make the first move?! The bastard’s being a sitting pretty VIP.”

 

 

“Tsk. Then give him a dose of his own medicine, the Dara Park way.” He said while wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

 

 

Dara attempted to punch him lightly on the stomach while Seungri dodged it, laughing. “Why?” he asked innocently, refraining himself from bursting.

 

 

She whipped her head in mock-annoyance. 'I’d really do it! Just you wait!'

 

 

“What made you go here a month ahead for the Big day?” he asked, changing the subject.

 

 

She shrugged her shoulders. She then racked up her brain for her well-rehearsed reason. “I’m the Maid of honor, right? I’m supposed to assist and help the bride with the wedding preparations. In a way, I also thought of it to be mine and your fiancée’s bonding time. I don’t want other people thinking that I’m against this wedding.” She half joked though that’s what she really feels.

 

 

“That’s why I love you so much!” Seungri embraced her tightly. “I’m really blessed to have you. Don’t worry, I’ll return the favour when it’s your turn to get married.”

 

 

She just rolled her eyes and decided not to react on it. “What was the thing your fiancée was talking about a while ago? That you’re both going somewhere?”

 

 

 “What do you mean by ‘you’re both’? Of course, you’re included. Didn’t I promise that I’d tour you around here? But we’ll just go the other day, since we’re going to the souvenir shop tomorrow. We’ll go to Jeju’s famous Hallasan Mountains.”

 

 

She can’t help but to frown in disappointment. All this while she was thinking that it will be just her and Seungri who’d tour the island, sort of reunion and bonding moments at the same time. How would she enjoy her stay at Jeju if his fiancée would be tagging along with them? Well, sort of...

 

 

It would be her chance to snatch Seungri away and confess to him her true feelings. But if Seungri would always bring Chaerin with him, she won’t likely be able to do her mission.

 

 

'If there’s a will, there’s a way, Dara!'

 

 

“Then I‘ll just go with you tomorrow and help with the wedding preparations. After all, that’s what I went here for.”

 

 

He smiled broadly. “Good! My sweet would be delighted about that.”

 

 

She gave him a meaningful smile. Her mission would start tomorrow.

 

 

 

--------Comments-are-very-much-appreciated!--------

(The typo errors are corrected. :))