Brothers' Best Friend.

Brothers' Best Friend.

I think we should let everyone know about us now”, Zico said.

H-huh?”, you stuttered, taken aback by the sudden statement.

I mean it’s been six months. Things are pretty serious now. At least to me it is”, he pouted as he came from behind, wrapping his arms around your waist.

Are you ashamed of me?”, he asked, putting his chin on your shoulder.

No, not at all. It’s just that my brother…”, you replied softly.

It’ll be fine, we’ve been best friends since middle school. He might be a little mad at first but he’ll get over it”.

———

Your parents took to it well when you told them. They’ve always liked him. Even though he was a bit of a jokester, he was a good person. That’s what they always said about him so you were glad. Now to tell your brother. You were even more nervous telling him than telling your parents. Him and Zico are best friends after all.

———

What?!” Your brother shouted.

You flinched. Seeing this Zico put his arm around you protectively.

How can you guys keep something like that a secret from me?!”, he continued shouting angrily.

You’re my best friend, don’t you think you should have asked me first since she’s my sister?!

Calm down”, Zico said calmly.

Don’t tell m—! Since when?”, your brother asked with a sharp tone.

About s-six months”, you stuttered.

Do you really like each other?

Yes, I really do like him”, you answered honestly.

I wouldn’t commit to anyone if I didn’t like them, you know that”, Zico said sincerely.

Your brother took a really deep breath and exhaled slowly, rubbing his forehead. You felt Zico squeeze your arms gently. You looked up at him then back at your brother. The silence was agonizing. Your brother finally opened his eyes and looked at you.

I guess it’s better that you’re dating him and not some random guy who I barely know”, he said with a little smile.

You squealed with excitement. Both you and Zico ran towards him and gave him the biggest bear hug, Zico smothering him with kisses. Your brother couldn’t help but to break out in laughter as he tried to get loose.

C-come on you two, s-stop it!