Chapter 2 Part 2

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

       The next morning, Kris woke to a harried Tao muttering about being late. Kris sat up and rubbed his eyes groggily. Tao noticed he was awake and pecked him on the lips before taking a pen he found on Kris’ desk and writing his number on Kris’ hand.

 

       “Sorry I have to go so suddenly,” Tai said, “But I’m going to be late for work.

 

       Tao dashed out of the house while Kris stared dumbly at the phone number written on the back of his hand.

 


 

       Kris went to work that day with a smile on his face. He surprisingly worked twice as fast. All he wanted to do was finish his work and go back home. He managed to save Tao’s number in his phone before he washed his hands that morning. His boss noticed his work and told him to take the day off again for the good work he had done. Kris thanked his boss and left.

 

       While Kris went home, he picked up a few items in a convenience store. He was going to prepare a meal for them both. At five o’clock, he called Tao, but was sent to voicemail. Frowning slightly, he texted Tao, asking what he was doing. Kris got a reply saying he was busy with an extra shift. Kris frowned and wrapped Tao’s meal and put it in the fridge. He then ate in front of the television alone.

 

       Somewhere during the time he was eating and feeling sorry for himself, Kris managed to fall asleep. He woke up to his ringtone blaring in his ear. He tiredly rubbed his eye while checking the caller ID. Noticing that the caller was Tao, Kris immediately perked up and took the call.

 

       “Hey Kris,” Tao said.

 

       “Hey Tao, what are you doing calling me this late?” Kris asked.

 

       “Well, I was lying on my bed until I had a great idea,” Tao said.

 

       “Oh?” Kris said. “What is it?”

 

       “It’s going to sound crazy, but I promise you, it will be really fun,” Tao said.

 

       “What is it?” Kris asked, a little skeptical.

 

       “Let’s take a drive to the Han River,” Tao began. “The river’s frozen right now and we could have some fun.”

 

       “Why?” Kris asked, although he started to get dressed.

 

       “Come on, it’ll be fun,” Tao said.

 

       “Fine,” Kris said.

 

       “Great,” Tao said. “Pick me up in ten minutes.”

 

       “Okay,” Kris said, grabbing his keys and locking the door.

 

       Kris appeared before Tao’s door in a matter of minutes. He honked his horn, signaling his arrival. Tao poked his head out his window and called out to Kris.

 

       “I’ll be right down,” Tao shouted out his window.

 

       Tao came down the stairs and got into the front seat. He wrapped his arm around Kris’ free arm and sighed. When they reached the river, Kris parked his car and got out, going over to Tao’s side and opening the door for him. Tao thanked him with a small smile and stepped out. Tao immediately went onto the ice, turning and jumping on it. Kris sat to the side, observing his boyfriend.

 

       Tao noticed Kris sitting by himself and grabbed his hand to pull him up. He then proceeded to push Kris onto the ice, guiding him to the center of the river. Safe to say, Kris was no amused. However, as time went by, Kris started to have fun, and they ended up on the ice, panting for breath. Tao and Kris lay side by side, gazing into the night sky.

 

 

A/N: Hooray for longer update :D In other news, if you watched the movie, you know they say stuff to each other, but I decided that this would be a good place to end. Sounds romantic LOL. I am taking so much liberites with this OTL. Its going to end up so weird. Also it will probably end up nothing like the movie. If that's the case, sorry in advance. Thanks for reading this a/n. Phew, it was rather long, wasn't it? Comment below and tell me what you think :) Also, I am so sorry about the delay. The next chapter will be up very late since my computer decided to crash on me. Sorry.